Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save as older version

an option to save XD files in older version, so people working on updated versions can share documents with people who can't upgrade

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support all the same attributes as CSS box-shadow (add spread & inner shadow)

In short:
    Be able to apply the same CSS box-shadow attributes on UI elements in Xd.

Long version:
    Shadow on Xd works fine but still limited compared with CSS box-shadow capabilities. It's frustrating to be limited to 3 values only (x, y and B) when you know you can deliver better shadows in development.

The attributes should be similar to make the transition from design to development (or sometimes from development to design) easy. For example, in Photoshop it is tricky because the units are different (like spread as % in PS and px in CSS) and you can't get…

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PDF design specs

We need to be able to output design specs to PDF - not all of our clients can access the design specs URLs due to security constraints on their networks so being able to email static PDF design specs is essential to what we do.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create animations by writing scripting code in XD (like Framer)

Many times we need the potential to design something completely new! coding is the best way that make anything possible. allows you to explore every creative concept—not just replicate patterns. Code isn’t just for engineers. code is one of the most powerful tools a designer can have.

Thank you to integrate a programming language code for XD (javascript, coffeescript or actionscript?) to design animations and transitions, like Framer (http://framerjs.com/), that enhance unique and innovative user experiences.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Position overlays using the Keyboard arrow

Positioning an overlay is really approximate as it only works by using the mouse, without any indication of its position. Whether it is the distance from the artboard edges, or to other existing elements on the artboard.

Would be great to be able to move an overlay using the keyboard arrow for better accuracy, as well as being able to toggle the overlay position by pressing "alt" (as this already exists in design mode)

Thanks guys!

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import HTML (from URL) as editable static content in XD

I would like to import HTML or SWF files as content in XD.

Best Kenneth

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Kenneth, would you mind breaking out SWF import as a separate feature request? That way people can gauge whether people want both or which one is higher priority. I’ll remove SWF from the title here so it’s focused specifically on HTML import.

7. Fixed/sticky after scrolling

First of all, congrats on the new update, it's awesome!

One of the most awaited features for me was the fixed/sticky option. One thing that got in my mind after trying it was making something "stick" after scrolling, like a "go back top" button, which you don't want to have before you actually start scrolling.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Paragraph spacing / Soft Returns

User should be able to use a soft return (shift+return) to break a line of text without adding paragraph spacing .

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fixed elements should always be in front

First, thanks for the great new feature of fixed elements / sticky objects. It's wonderful, and simple.

I found that they're very easy to setup, but a pain to maintain. Once you add any other objects to a page with a fixed element, your new object is on top in z-order. So every single time you add an object, you have to remember to bring your fixed elements to the front again. If you forget to do this, your fixed elements will end up being covered up by the new one. Since your new objects may be way below the…

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dynamic scrolling viewport height based on screen size

Currently, for scrolling artboards there is a fixed-position dotted line that defines the height of the viewport in the interactive preview.

For desktop web sized artboards, I'd like the position of the dotted line to automatically adjust dynamically so the prototype fills the full height of the user's screen. For example, on a laptop screen the scrollable viewport might be 960px tall and when the same prototype is viewed on a desktop monitor the viewport might be 1200px tall.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  15 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Relocating master components

Sometimes you need to reorganize your design system files. Once you have created a master components, you cannot move it to another file, and you are stuck with the current file forever.
    It would be great if you can just move your Master Component from one document to another.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. See all connection in prototype mode

Currently in prototype mode, connections disappear unless you click on a board or do cmd-a.

We need the ability to see all connections or hide them. Not by "selecting boards" using cmd-a. Just show all connections.

People use XD not just to prototype but to pass a desired flow from designers/product to developers. Don't restrict the use case for XD

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show scroll bar in published prototypes

When you share a prototype with a client, it isn't immediately obvious that the design is scrollable. I have had a couple of instances of clients not knowing that the designs continue below the fold. An obvious scroll bar added to the prototype view when shared would solve this.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Identify unused symbols

It would be great to be able to see which symbols are not used on any of project's artboards.

Sometimes this kind of feature is needed to clean up symbols library.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Additional screen size defaults for Android devices

1080x1920 BUT... We need all devices like here https://material.io/devices/
    You can do like this (ATTACHMENT) and add tabs that would eliminate the appearance of scroll

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  09 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set object to default to no stroke

Every single time I make a box or something it adds a border stroke by default. This is so annoying as I don't want a border stroke like 90% of the times. Is this a bug or something? I'm so tired of removing that border stroke!! Please Adobe, make this nightmare go away. If you insist on forcing this upon us as default then at least make a "remember this choice" checkbox or something.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Apply gradient to text

Hi,

Would be really nice if you could add gradient to text as well as objects.

/Iversen

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Color Palette saved/favorite swatches: highlight current color

It'd be very useful to me that the color palette indicate which color I'm on. Often I save many shades of the same color, some of which are slightly different from one another. So a highlight feature would be important for my work.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Data grid/table component with core functionality

A data table component with headers, columns of varying widths, alternating row colors, add/delete rows, add/delete columns - very standard stuff! See Axure, PowerPoint, Confluence, etc. etc. Should be able to paste data from an Excel worksheet. An enterprise designer like me, who deals with data-rich UIs, must have this before I can consider adopting XD as my standard tool.

Seems so obvious! But I haven't found this in other suggestions, most others focus on one aspect of a table instead of core table properties. I'd love to hear I'm just missing it somehow...

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base