Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. As you go through a design, objects are created and sequentially stacked on top of each other. This affects Z index and view.

Using things like self created grid/layout systems or objects that are required to stay at the top of the z index get obscure and I spend an awful lot of time reorganizing my layers. Too much time.

To save time - having the ability to "pin" the layer order of groups or objects would be amazing. Additionally, defining group/object stacking order by "pinnable" alphanumeric identification would be terrific. example:

Top Layer — Pin1
    Second to — Pin2…

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. A data table component with headers, columns of varying widths, alternating row colors, add/delete rows, add/delete columns - very standard stuff! See Axure, PowerPoint, Confluence, etc. etc. Should be able to paste data from an Excel worksheet. An enterprise designer like me, who deals with data-rich UIs, must have this before I can consider adopting XD as my standard tool.

Seems so obvious! But I haven't found this in other suggestions, most others focus on one aspect of a table instead of core table properties. I'd love to hear I'm just missing it somehow...

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be really nice to have the ability to simulate right click, double click, hover, and scroll events in the prototype view. This would allow people who are making more complex web based products to simulate/communicate those interactions to others.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to see an ON/OFF switch to test for color conflicts with regard to 508 compliance.

This is valuable to me because I design for a large company and we need to make sure that everything tests fine against 508 compliance, which includes color conflicts for color blindness and deficiencies.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we still don’t have the tools built right into XD (and so I’m leaving this open), we do have at least one plugin to help with color blindness checking. Please do check out the plugins section of XD to see if one will work for you!

5. We need a possibility to embed prototypes and design specs into Confluence (Server version, not Cloud) since we use confluence to manage large ui and software projects. Confluence therefor is the central place to organise user stories, screen designs, prototpyes etc.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We often design Area Graphs, Doughnut Charts, Bars etc for Dashboards. Personally I switch between AI and PS to design this type of stuffs.

But it would be great to have an easier way design Charts and Graphs in Adobe XD.

For example, I would like the following method to design a Doughnut Chart:
    Draw a circle
    Select Doughnut Chart from Menu
    Insert Percentages and colors
    Hit OK and done!
    Similar idea for other type of graphs.

Thanks for the Awesome work, XD Team!

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We need to be able to output design specs to PDF - not all of our clients can access the design specs URLs due to security constraints on their networks so being able to email static PDF design specs is essential to what we do.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adobe Fireworks style specific alignment in pixels.

Set spacing vertically or horizontally, by typing a specific number value into the panel.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi,

Would be really nice if you could add gradient to text as well as objects.

/Iversen

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If I'm drawing a rectangle and setting a corner radius of X, and need to resize that rectangle's width, I'd like to just be able to push one side without having the other side's corner radius "squashing" up.

Currently it's possible to do so by editing vector points and just selecting the left or right-side point group, but it wastes a bit of time. Thanks :)

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Got it. Currently, that’s expected behavior, as double clicking and adding points converts it from a rectangle (which will maintain the corner radius) to a path, which has a different set of rules for resizing (for things like icons). I think what you want is this behavior: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12962355. If this looks good, I’ll go ahead and merge this story with that one.

-Elaine

11. 172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If i create an artboard in photoshop, illustrator, etc i should be able to import those artboards into XD without having to access the original file to make edits such as text changes, images swaps, vector shape edits...

also, i should be able to use animations from flash/after effects to bring in loading screens, sliders, reveals, popups, etc that work within XD (and iphone)

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be very useful having one more tab after Design and Prototype called "Export" for example. It would let developers easily see all the necessary information about any element like the size and color of the text, the size of a button and it's position on the screen, and so on, and then easily export any element. From there

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Apparently some people want to automatically delete the already created links each time they save their file as a new one.

But this is not the case for everyone!

I need to keep my link history even if I saves as a new file.
    (I don't get how people can not just create new links)

This was a very important good point of XD for my team, clients and I, and now I have to explain to everyone that I will have to share a new link, or simply keep the same file even if I have big change on…

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I am creating a screen flow diagram with annotations between each artboard. I've pasted arrows between the artboards to indicate the flow of the experience between sreens.

If I'd like to move multiple artboards I've noticed that all of my arrows / annotations outside of the artboards aren't selected with the multiple artboards. It is extremely time consuming to move the outside elements after moving multiple artboards.

I read that other designers wish there could be a way to annotate or draw arrows between artboards. Perhaps that would solve my issue. I just want to show a screen / state…

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the false alarm! Someone pointed out to me that I interpreted the request incorrectly. While you can now select objects both in the artboard and on the pasteboard, you cannot yet select objects on the pasteboard and complete artboards themselves.

16. I manage sticker sheets for my UX team. It is too easy for anyone including myself to accidentally make undesired adjustments to the sticker sheet which will be pushed to everyone that I have shared it with.

There needs to be a toggle to switch between edit mode and view mode so these mistakes are avoided.

I would also like to be able to set varying security rights so that some people will be able to edit and others will only be able to view.

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The preview link works really well, but it would be helpful if the background colour could be set to a custom colour. The default is white, but it would be handy if you could specify black (or any colour) instead. My reason is that when displaying a mobile screen on various mobile devices for testing, i often get small white stripes at the top and bottom due to variations of screen resolution. If i could set the background colour to black, then the gaps at the top and bottom wouldn't be an issues as the black would blend into a…

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. For maintain a design system and improve the collaboration with developers could be great to integrate the XD components with Storybook (https://storybook.js.org/).

This will allow keeping updated and in sync the system across both departments.

Example of similar flow: https://medium.com/@brandaiapp/connect-sketch-symbols-with-their-react-counterparts-d100be414acd

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would be great to see a Prototype Preview of the responsive design, how the layout changes, when the window is scaled. If there are different artboards created for the devices, it's great to see how it switches dynamically.

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. To speed up work with text in few columns — just like in InDesign

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)