Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Round corners on path anchor points

It's currently possible to round corners on primitive shapes. As soon as additional anchor points are added, or a shape is created from scratch using the pen tool, the ability to round corners is removed.

It would be nice to have this option at all times.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Opentype font features

Allow users to select Opentype features supported by a given typeface. This would be especially useful for anyone designing for ecommerce (tabular lining numerals), or text-heavy sites (small caps, proportional old style numerals), or rich typography in general (alternate stylistic sets, swashes, superscript, subscript, fractions). Common ligatures seem to be enabled already, but there's no way to access discretionary ligatures.

https://klim.co.nz/blog/towards-an-ideal-opentype-user-interface/

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OS X's Quick Look doesn't work

OS X's Quick Look doesn't work, I can't look content

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color Blindness Compliance/WCAG Accessibility Tools

I would like to see an ON/OFF switch to test for color conflicts with regard to 508 compliance.

This is valuable to me because I design for a large company and we need to make sure that everything tests fine against 508 compliance, which includes color conflicts for color blindness and deficiencies.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we still don’t have the tools built right into XD (and so I’m leaving this open), we do have at least one plugin to help with color blindness checking. Please do check out the plugins section of XD to see if one will work for you!

5. Organize artboards into Groups/Sets/Tree hierarchy

A way to potentially group or label pages (even just with a colored circle) would be incredibly helpful with staying organized and working through different user flows and scenarios.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Options for viewport vs fixed overlay

Be able to choose between an overlay that appears over the viewport or an overlay that is fixed to a specific position within the artboard. This way we can account for two types of overlays:
    1. Overlays that are persistent like menu navigations
    2. Overlays that are situational like dropdowns within a form

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create animations by writing scripting code in XD (like Framer)

Many times we need the potential to design something completely new! coding is the best way that make anything possible. allows you to explore every creative concept—not just replicate patterns. Code isn’t just for engineers. code is one of the most powerful tools a designer can have.

Thank you to integrate a programming language code for XD (javascript, coffeescript or actionscript?) to design animations and transitions, like Framer (http://framerjs.com/), that enhance unique and innovative user experiences.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Scale stroke and corners on resize

When scaling objects, the stroke should have the option of scaling proportionately. I have yet to test corners, effects, or patterns.

Illustrator has this concept via a selection/ option.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Full featured top menu for Windows 10

Get rid of the hamburger menu, and give windows users a full on top menu like in Photoshop or Illustrator. Hiding options behind an icon is a major pain. As a user of both Mac and Windows, I'd love for the program to be the same across both operating systems.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re crafting a purely UWP experience, which means following UWP design guidelines. We hate to disappoint, but it’s unlikely that we’ll be moving in the direction of including a top menu bar any time soon, as UWP removes the top menu bar entirely, pushing file operations into the hamburger menu and object commands into the property inspector and the context menu.

-Elaine

10. Line height: should function as it does on the web

On the web, i often use line height to determin the height of the types container. Therefore the text should sit vertically centrally to its line height. This is different to how line height works in print.
    I also use line height for vertical rhythm. see more info on this here:
    http://typecast.com/blog/4-simple-steps-to-vertical-rhythm

vertical rhythm is a huge factor when I design for web

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support all the same attributes as CSS box-shadow (add spread & inner shadow)

In short:
    Be able to apply the same CSS box-shadow attributes on UI elements in Xd.

Long version:
    Shadow on Xd works fine but still limited compared with CSS box-shadow capabilities. It's frustrating to be limited to 3 values only (x, y and B) when you know you can deliver better shadows in development.

The attributes should be similar to make the transition from design to development (or sometimes from development to design) easy. For example, in Photoshop it is tricky because the units are different (like spread as % in PS and px in CSS) and you can't get…

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PDF design specs

We need to be able to output design specs to PDF - not all of our clients can access the design specs URLs due to security constraints on their networks so being able to email static PDF design specs is essential to what we do.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tab Button should indent text

The tab button on a keyboard doesn't indent text like it would in every other text tool in adobe suite.

please make the tab button indent paragraph text.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Scissor tool/slice vector path

Making more complex vector drawings is difficult without a tool like the scissor tool from Illustrator.

Creating arches like the attached image in Illustrator is super easy with the combination of the scissor and circle tool, but in XD it is very difficult.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. See all connection in prototype mode

Currently in prototype mode, connections disappear unless you click on a board or do cmd-a.

We need the ability to see all connections or hide them. Not by "selecting boards" using cmd-a. Just show all connections.

People use XD not just to prototype but to pass a desired flow from designers/product to developers. Don't restrict the use case for XD

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fixed elements should always be in front

First, thanks for the great new feature of fixed elements / sticky objects. It's wonderful, and simple.

I found that they're very easy to setup, but a pain to maintain. Once you add any other objects to a page with a fixed element, your new object is on top in z-order. So every single time you add an object, you have to remember to bring your fixed elements to the front again. If you forget to do this, your fixed elements will end up being covered up by the new one. Since your new objects may be way below the…

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export styles of selection as CSS and copy/paste them into a code editor of choice

This is not the same as exporting an entire artboard as HTML/CSS. Often when transforming design into HTML/CSS it can be handy to extract style information, piece by piece, from a design. Thus from a selection, rather than en entire artboard (though that would be cool as well). Beling able te extract style information as CSS from a selection (e.g. a selected text frame) and copy paste it into whatever code editor of choice would make XD such a powerful tool.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Color Palette saved/favorite swatches: highlight current color

It'd be very useful to me that the color palette indicate which color I'm on. Often I save many shades of the same color, some of which are slightly different from one another. So a highlight feature would be important for my work.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Import HTML (from URL) as editable static content in XD

I would like to import HTML or SWF files as content in XD.

Best Kenneth

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Kenneth, would you mind breaking out SWF import as a separate feature request? That way people can gauge whether people want both or which one is higher priority. I’ll remove SWF from the title here so it’s focused specifically on HTML import.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base