Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Quick font replacement is one my top needs in Illustrator, and thought it would be implemented in XD by now.

In illustrator, I tend to have few artboards and that means fewer text strings. I could, replace fonts manually most of the time but it is awesome to have the Find Type tool.

If this feature has a more appropriate place in the world, it is in XD because of the number of artboards UI design requires.

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. As a UX designer, one of the most important information while handing off designs is ability to explain each component in your design. Functional annotations like ON click of this button slide this page or specify error conditions or text or color changes that occur when the user interacts with that component in your design.

UXPin has a great way of annotating designs. Its a separate tab that allows developers to view the design, annotation and style guide separately. Attached is an example of UXPin does it and having this feature on Adobe XD would be great! We use Photoshop…

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add the ability to turn off coediting. It's creating all kinds of issues, and can't be turned off. It's absolutely appalling that this feature would be introduced without the ability to turn it off after enabling it.

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Em values allows me to set relative values for font sizes and line spacing in a way that the line spacing is always relative and proportional to the font size. This is a great time saver.

Please take a look at Typecast, you can set it in px and/or em. Amazingly flexible.

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We need to have version control for prototypes so when developers are reviewing the prototype, they can look back at a previously shared versions of the prototype.

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Being able to create custom nudge distance (mapped to a hotkey + direction key) in addition to the standard nudge would be very useful.

Use Case: The site uses 30px multiples for spacing. We set the custom nudge distance to 30px, create a new element and nudge it down once for 30px or twice for 60px for fast uniform spacing. This also works well for measuring out distances; create a 30px tall rectangle and select the bottom edge with the direct selection tool (another feature we need), now nudge it down 3 times for a 4x height. Or change a…

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why only one video play? When strolling on a video in the carousel, then strolling to the following video, in the carousel doesn't play! This feature is pointless. We have been waiting so long for this feature, and it only is limited, and we can't play multiple videos simultaneously. That is a big big problem.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It's very easy to create linked "prototypes" within XD - thank you...

However, the way a prototype is viewed makes seeing the "flows" that exist within it very hard.

What I would like to see is a way to export all the artboards with the prototype "linking" arrows visible and nicely rendered as a large diagram...

This diagram would be similar to the concept of "Wireflows" (https://www.nngroup.com/articles/wireflows/) and enable an easy way to produce another type of design deliverable.

I appreciate that the design specs feature sort of allows this, in that you can see see all artboards,…

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I really think it would be much better to control the artboard order in the artboard section of the interface. A published prototype is viewed in the order of how artboards are placed in the workspace and the order goes from left to right and then top to bottom. I think regardless of their position the order should be arrange from the panel just like other adobe programs

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When the fill color opacity is lowered, the shadow should not show through.

The fill opacity is also affecting the shadow's opacity. These controls should be independent of each other.

I have attached a screen shots from xd that shows the issue and a screen shot from sketch that shows the desired result. The circle on both are filled with #ffffff at 50% opacity.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we’d like to get more feedback on.

a) Some apps (such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign) behave the way XD does now: reducing fill opacity (not overall object opacity) keeps the whole shadow visible but reduces its opacity in proportion with the fill color’s opacity. At zero fill opacity, the shadow is completely gone along with the fill (unless you have a border, in which case you have a thin ring-shaped shadow left).

b) Other apps (such as Photoshop or Sketch) behave differently: reducing fill opacity leaves the shadow’s opacity at full strength, but clips the shadow so you don’t see it through the translucent fill. At zero fill opacity, in the middle of the shape you can see what’s behind it completely unobscured, but outside the shape’s edges you still see the drop shadow at full strength.

Which one do people prefer? Do you need to…

13. Positioning an overlay is really approximate as it only works by using the mouse, without any indication of its position. Whether it is the distance from the artboard edges, or to other existing elements on the artboard.

Would be great to be able to move an overlay using the keyboard arrow for better accuracy, as well as being able to toggle the overlay position by pressing "alt" (as this already exists in design mode)

Thanks guys!

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. (Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)
    I've seen newer implementation of the Zoom tool updated for the Mac version.

However I don't think I've seen "Scrubby Zoom" implemented.

Currently many users don't use a track pad. Using a marque selection is a slower multi-step process to zoom. Using the mouse wheel to zoom also isn't nowhere as fast as the Photoshop's "Scrubby Zoom".

To see what I mean in Photoshop (Windows keyboard shortcut), hold CTRL + Space Bar, and use your mouse to left click & hold, and move from left to right. You'll see your document scrubby zoom, in…

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. XD 0.5.4.51
    2. Inside a text block select text with either a multiple fonts or a font that is different from the target text block. Copy your selection. Next go into a different text block that has the different font selection than what you copied. Paste.
    3. It should retain the font selection from before you copied.
    4. It changes all the pasted font to the font selection of the target text block.
    144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. First, thanks for the great new feature of fixed elements / sticky objects. It's wonderful, and simple.

I found that they're very easy to setup, but a pain to maintain. Once you add any other objects to a page with a fixed element, your new object is on top in z-order. So every single time you add an object, you have to remember to bring your fixed elements to the front again. If you forget to do this, your fixed elements will end up being covered up by the new one. Since your new objects may be way below the…

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The new layout grid is great, however: it would be useful to be able to define the total width of the layout grid with a single value. Right now you adjust it indirectly by defining the margins on either side of the grid system, which is less than useful, especially for web design.

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great to be able to see which symbols are not used on any of project's artboards.

Sometimes this kind of feature is needed to clean up symbols library.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)