Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export styles of selection as CSS and copy/paste them into a code editor of choice

This is not the same as exporting an entire artboard as HTML/CSS. Often when transforming design into HTML/CSS it can be handy to extract style information, piece by piece, from a design. Thus from a selection, rather than en entire artboard (though that would be cool as well). Beling able te extract style information as CSS from a selection (e.g. a selected text frame) and copy paste it into whatever code editor of choice would make XD such a powerful tool.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Photoshop's "Scrubby Zoom"

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)
    I've seen newer implementation of the Zoom tool updated for the Mac version.

However I don't think I've seen "Scrubby Zoom" implemented.

Currently many users don't use a track pad. Using a marque selection is a slower multi-step process to zoom. Using the mouse wheel to zoom also isn't nowhere as fast as the Photoshop's "Scrubby Zoom".

To see what I mean in Photoshop (Windows keyboard shortcut), hold CTRL + Space Bar, and use your mouse to left click & hold, and move from left to right. You'll see your document scrubby zoom, in…

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow component instance overrides to be inherited by all states

Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change Fonts in Bulk - Find Type/Change All

Quick font replacement is one my top needs in Illustrator, and thought it would be implemented in XD by now.

In illustrator, I tend to have few artboards and that means fewer text strings. I could, replace fonts manually most of the time but it is awesome to have the Find Type tool.

If this feature has a more appropriate place in the world, it is in XD because of the number of artboards UI design requires.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Able to make box text threaded (overflow between text boxes / columns)

To speed up work with text in few columns — just like in InDesign

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Right Click, Double Click, and Scroll interaction simulation

It would be really nice to have the ability to simulate right click, double click, hover, and scroll events in the prototype view. This would allow people who are making more complex web based products to simulate/communicate those interactions to others.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Simplified view of artboard interaction links (overview of flow) in XD desktop app

Reduce number of lines between linked artboards: (when an entire artboard is selected or you select all)

when two artboards link to each other, instead of having two, three or four lines, have one line (with two or more arrows or another color) to show the two or more links.

This makes it easier to get an overview of the entire applications dartboard links (app/site structure)

Its the smallest things that makes a great and intuitive workflow

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow components event to change states of other components

New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Abstract support

File management, Version Control, Change Control, Feedback, Integrations with Abstract ! www.goabstract.com

Please !

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatically generated charts and graphs

We often design Area Graphs, Doughnut Charts, Bars etc for Dashboards. Personally I switch between AI and PS to design this type of stuffs.

But it would be great to have an easier way design Charts and Graphs in Adobe XD.

For example, I would like the following method to design a Doughnut Chart:
    Draw a circle
    Select Doughnut Chart from Menu
    Insert Percentages and colors
    Hit OK and done!
    Similar idea for other type of graphs.

Thanks for the Awesome work, XD Team!

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Google UI Structured Table

Please expand upon existing Google UI kit to include the Google Material Structured Data Table

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display artboard titles on the shared web prototype

For better flow and clarity for the clients, to have artboards names visible at the top of every screen in the public views.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  16 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Component States to Development (Design Specs)

How can we export Hover states to development?
    In the specs there is only one state in the component. How will development see all states?

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  15 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create Accessibility Specifications/Annotations (e.g. for ARIA)

When an accessible application is being developed, the designer needs to deliver accessibility information to the developers. For example, a designer wants to create the tab orders, keyboard specs, and ARIA Region information.

Deigners currently use makeshift tools to create these specs and would benefit from functionality embedded in this wonderful tool.

This may simply be an addition to the wildy popular "Generate specs / measurements / style guide for developers."

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keyboard shortcut: Resize shapes using Cmd+arrows

Allow to resize shapes using cmd+arrows. It's one of the best Sketch features, it's really useful for pixel perfecting.

Cmd-up arrow to increase height, Cmd-down to decrease height.
    Cmd-right increases width, Cmd-left decreases width.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Responsive preview: automatically display artboard of correct size

Would be great to see a Prototype Preview of the responsive design, how the layout changes, when the window is scaled. If there are different artboards created for the devices, it's great to see how it switches dynamically.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Folders for cloud documents

Our team names xd files to link to jira tickets. It'd be very helpful for the cloud to have a folder structure for separating releases into batches.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base