Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Additional screen size defaults for Android devices

1080x1920 BUT... We need all devices like here https://material.io/devices/
    You can do like this (ATTACHMENT) and add tabs that would eliminate the appearance of scroll

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Identify unused symbols

It would be great to be able to see which symbols are not used on any of project's artboards.

Sometimes this kind of feature is needed to clean up symbols library.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Abstract support

File management, Version Control, Change Control, Feedback, Integrations with Abstract ! www.goabstract.com

Please !

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create Accessibility Specifications/Annotations (e.g. for ARIA)

When an accessible application is being developed, the designer needs to deliver accessibility information to the developers. For example, a designer wants to create the tab orders, keyboard specs, and ARIA Region information.

Deigners currently use makeshift tools to create these specs and would benefit from functionality embedded in this wonderful tool.

This may simply be an addition to the wildy popular "Generate specs / measurements / style guide for developers."

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dynamic scrolling viewport height based on screen size

Currently, for scrolling artboards there is a fixed-position dotted line that defines the height of the viewport in the interactive preview.

For desktop web sized artboards, I'd like the position of the dotted line to automatically adjust dynamically so the prototype fills the full height of the user's screen. For example, on a laptop screen the scrollable viewport might be 960px tall and when the same prototype is viewed on a desktop monitor the viewport might be 1200px tall.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Open XD files in older versions

Possibility to open new XD files in older versions of XD

for example for sharing with external programmers who have older XD versions. now they can't open files.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Simplified view of artboard interaction links (overview of flow) in XD desktop app

Reduce number of lines between linked artboards: (when an entire artboard is selected or you select all)

when two artboards link to each other, instead of having two, three or four lines, have one line (with two or more arrows or another color) to show the two or more links.

This makes it easier to get an overview of the entire applications dartboard links (app/site structure)

Its the smallest things that makes a great and intuitive workflow

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Advanced Overlay Positioning/Artboard controls

Overlays are a fantastic addition to XD, and I thought these additions would be a great way to expand on the freedom overlays give us:

1. Ability to place overlays on any area of the artboard, including below/above the main view port and off the the side (partially on the artboard)
    2. Advanced positioning for overlay placement (i.e. nudging with keyboard)
    3. The ability to anchor overlays to scroll with content below it.
    4. Not directly related to overlays, but I would like to see the ability to control the location of the top and bottom of the viewport (i.e.…

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keyboard shortcut: Resize shapes using Cmd+arrows

Allow to resize shapes using cmd+arrows. It's one of the best Sketch features, it's really useful for pixel perfecting.

Cmd-up arrow to increase height, Cmd-down to decrease height.
    Cmd-right increases width, Cmd-left decreases width.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Photoshop's "Scrubby Zoom"

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)
    I've seen newer implementation of the Zoom tool updated for the Mac version.

However I don't think I've seen "Scrubby Zoom" implemented.

Currently many users don't use a track pad. Using a marque selection is a slower multi-step process to zoom. Using the mouse wheel to zoom also isn't nowhere as fast as the Photoshop's "Scrubby Zoom".

To see what I mean in Photoshop (Windows keyboard shortcut), hold CTRL + Space Bar, and use your mouse to left click & hold, and move from left to right. You'll see your document scrubby zoom, in…

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatically generated charts and graphs

We often design Area Graphs, Doughnut Charts, Bars etc for Dashboards. Personally I switch between AI and PS to design this type of stuffs.

But it would be great to have an easier way design Charts and Graphs in Adobe XD.

For example, I would like the following method to design a Doughnut Chart:
    Draw a circle
    Select Doughnut Chart from Menu
    Insert Percentages and colors
    Hit OK and done!
    Similar idea for other type of graphs.

Thanks for the Awesome work, XD Team!

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Data grid/table component with core functionality

A data table component with headers, columns of varying widths, alternating row colors, add/delete rows, add/delete columns - very standard stuff! See Axure, PowerPoint, Confluence, etc. etc. Should be able to paste data from an Excel worksheet. An enterprise designer like me, who deals with data-rich UIs, must have this before I can consider adopting XD as my standard tool.

Seems so obvious! But I haven't found this in other suggestions, most others focus on one aspect of a table instead of core table properties. I'd love to hear I'm just missing it somehow...

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change Fonts in Bulk - Find Type/Change All

Quick font replacement is one my top needs in Illustrator, and thought it would be implemented in XD by now.

In illustrator, I tend to have few artboards and that means fewer text strings. I could, replace fonts manually most of the time but it is awesome to have the Find Type tool.

If this feature has a more appropriate place in the world, it is in XD because of the number of artboards UI design requires.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Apply gradient to text

Hi,

Would be really nice if you could add gradient to text as well as objects.

/Iversen

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. slack integration

For my team, this would be much better than just a dedicated in-tool comment system for getting feedback as this would make my prototypes more accessible to the whole team and company without the need for me to specifically send the link to select individuals.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Display artboard titles on the shared web prototype

For better flow and clarity for the clients, to have artboards names visible at the top of every screen in the public views.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  16 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Able to make box text threaded (overflow between text boxes / columns)

To speed up work with text in few columns — just like in InDesign

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Import EPS files

supports eps files

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fixed/sticky after scrolling

First of all, congrats on the new update, it's awesome!

One of the most awaited features for me was the fixed/sticky option. One thing that got in my mind after trying it was making something "stick" after scrolling, like a "go back top" button, which you don't want to have before you actually start scrolling.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base