Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. It would be great if the Widows version was on par with the Mac version instead of half a year behind.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We are currently focused on bringing Windows to alignment with Mac and will be moving forward with new innovations afterward. Please do feel free to upvote for specific features you feel are missing so that we can contact you when they’re available!

Thanks,

-Elaine

2. It is actually a set of improvement ideas:

• Bring in the layers, rulers & guides. It'd be extremely helpful to better organize the elements on the working environment.

• Further text capabilities: underline? hyphenation? Currently, the paragraph manipulation is rather limited, compared to (say) Illustrator/inDesign.

• For Adobe loyal users (like myself) adapting to a radically new set of shortcuts feels weird, and adds extra difficulty to everyday tasks. 'A' for artboards, ’R’ for rectangles and ‘E’ for ellipses makes sense, if you never-ever used illustrator/photoshop/indesign. ’Tab’ for hiding all panels would also be really handy.

• What about blending modes for elements?…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I can't view my mockups in the web browser right now I don't know how long will it take to have them back. Also I can't view my colleagues links too.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. You already have powerful design tools. Hence, please don't try to re-invent the wheel by providing a 'Design' tab. The right direction for Adobe to go would be to just enhance the current prototyping ability by just letting people import design from other tools from your suite. Currently it breaks really badly when you copy/paste stuff between tools and is quite painful.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1.1. Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?
    1.2. Also Can we have available other symbols of the same family with the same dimensions? (to swap easily between different state buttons for example as shown)
    1.3. Last but not least it would be great if by the same token there was an easier way to replace images within a symbol other than drag&dropping from an outside folder, which is a bit WTF
    2. As of now it takes too…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dear Adobe
    Why on earth are you not putting more energy into making Adobe XD useful enough to warrant using?
    No Swipe animation creation?
    No Web URL linking
    No Video embed?
    It’s like da moment?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’ve been working on growing XD’s prototyping capabilities, and I think you’ll see some vast improvements in the upcoming months. More specifically about this database, it’s best if you file an individual ticket per idea so that we can better aggregate with other people’s ideas.

In this case, all of your ideas are already in the database and are just waiting for your upvote:

7. Guys are you sleeping, there comes a lot of stong competitors and your Update intervalis every two month without nice features and more Bugs. Now Invision will launch Studio and it looks great.
    I dont know what you do the last two years but the other are right behind.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Symbols not being on Windows first release. UI Kits being left out of the same, as well as layers panel and launch screen. The fact that individual items in a symbol (for navigation and menus for example) can not be individually linked to separate places...and that option having the ability to toggle for global or individual editing... is absurd.

The benefits for using Adobe products...are that they behave like and interact with other adobe products. So far, this is only happening an a fairly limited basis. :/

The more I play with this...the more I'm considering buying another Mac and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Definitely appreciate the sentiment behind this, but I’m closing this suggestion as a general one. We’ve seen a lot of features roll in over the past two years. Please do upvote ideas that are specific to your needs so that we can better prioritize!

9. I'd like to see more options for typography, such as all caps, small caps and opentype features.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently, zoom animation takes really long. I am used to pretty fast zooming in Photoshop and Illustrator - just one scroll of a wheel and you immediately are where you want to be.
    I think I am not the only one, thus an option to disable this long transition would be great.
    Also, there would be no need for blurring effect while zooming because there wouldn't be any redundant frames to render.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Options for align text vertically, apply color settings to frame such as fill, border and padding like InDesign text frames.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. hi Adobe-Team!
    Great tool so far but there is room for more basic tools.
    - Rulers
    - move a pic in a frame (better crop tool)
    - more options at the text-tool (line hight, different text stlyes in one block)
    - bullet lists (styleable bullets)
    - stylesheets for different objects, text, ...

Thank you for your great work!
    greetings - chris

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hopefully you’ve seen a lot more improvements since we launched our first Preview, especially for typographic features!

I’m marking this as action-required, as we’d like for suggestions to be granular so that we can better aggregate them together. Please do upvote or file separate issues. Here are some suggestions:

Rulers: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160699
    Image repositioning within masks: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930303
    Typographic improvements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12927885

Thanks for your feedback, and hope to hear from you soon!

-Elaine

13. Balsamiq has a huge user base, but I think XD has the potential to become the next go-to tool for Prototyping. However, you will need to take a long and serious look at it, and try to at least match 80% of its features, and of course also add the missing ones ;-)

• Set up project wide snap to grid, in a similar way as PhotoShop.
    • Allow font size, colour and style changes within a paragraph.
    • Create a symbol library for reusable elements.
    • Create an asset library for imported assets.
    • Improve the colour picking tool.
    • Allow the setting of default…
    7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello!

Can you please change IP addresses of https://xd.adobe.com because current IP's (34.254.20.78, 34.255.76.11e) blocked in Russia by RKN and access denined to Design Specs.

Hope you will help soon. Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I've been looking for a tool like this to prototype digital ads. I love that I can both import from PS and AI and publish to html for sharing. To make digital ads, we'd need:

• More animation options
    • Animated objects
    • Linked .psd and .ai files (so I can apply features in AI or PS and just use XD for prototyping

Not essential but helpful:
    + For others to be able to comment on the html prototypes

Thanks!!
    Kate

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

I will close this request to keep our feature list tidy, but please feel free to file new individual UserVoice suggestions for any other ideas that we may have missed. Thanks for your feedback!

16. I adore this effort! Thank you so much.
    Will definitely more features to be able to convert from other software to XDCC. A lot of them mentioned in the feedback from other users, but just to name a few: better text styling, symbols, importing color palettes and assets from illustrator and photoshop, rulers, responsive design (if you do this well, you'll rule over all digital design tools)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We’ll definitely keep on going. :)

I’m marking this as action-required; we’d love for you to either file these as separate issues inside UserVoice or simply upvote them so that we can aggregate individual feature feedback. This gives us a better view of what our community as a whole would love to see next!

Thanks,

-Elaine

17. When there's a rectangle with shadow, it is not visible on the cloud link. It happens all the time with me and my colleagues. A noise background replace the rectangle.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi,
    When I export my artboards to PDF format, Images which are masked with shape are misplaced. I've attached the images from my Artboard and image from the exported PDF format for the comparison & reference. Please look into it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When dragging icons from Noun Project App into XD there is an issue with XD not recognizing SVG's. The SVG icon is only recognized as a png element? When doing the same in other programs (illustrator or photoshop) or in your competition Sketch this is not a problem! Currently, the workaround is to drag from noun project into Illustrator and then copy into XD but obviously annoying.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Will be great to see such a thing. It will be very helpful and save a lot of time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)