Request details

Import Videos & Animated GIFs to show in interactive preview

Support to import a video or animated GIFs to simulate animations or even playable video.

3,580 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anas B. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

475 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to preview animated gifs when you share your design, or use After effects/bodymovin svg code. I'm working on landingspages with animated illustrations and would be nice to show them live in the design.

It would be lovely to see a video and gif integration for XD in the next update. I feel kind of stuck without an option of integrating video content into my design. That would make the whole design process so much easier.

for a good storytelling it is essential to build videos in the prototypes. sketch can do that. we find xd good and would like to stick to this workflow, so pronto please ....

• Tom Dearie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the conceptual front end of design, one of the first things we'd look at in site design is the inclusion of video — both in the engagement image area (hero images), and in support items.

Right now, we're rebuilding the page in other apps to see what the page looks like with video running — all before we even consider showing to the client.

• Milan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How am I supposed to create a prototype of a video viewer app that is fullscreen and using overlays?

backlog for 2 years wow. clearly the pm's have forgotten about this feature- any way to flag someone?

we need this as soon as possible, need to place animated gif and videos in projects....

• Dan Leahy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this ASAP. Video and subtle animation in banners is becoming commonplace.

• Pedro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine if I could add to my mobile prototype the splash screen video. My customer would get the whole experience. And we would all promote XD like crazy.

But for now, we weep...

• Kate Le Grecs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course I want videos on my website! Please help.

P.S. Great job so far, so simple, finding it very fun to learn.

• José Rangel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Se que la app esta nueva y siguen trabajando en ella. Powerpoint tiene para colocar videos y gif.. es tan básico y necesario. Tienen que agregar estos features básicos, asi como interactividad como campos de texto, selectores, etc... ya hay aplicaciones que intenta importar artboards de XD para agregar esos features...

I need to be able to import video files... or is there a workarround? Thank you very much!

I would very much like to add video clips using adobe media server to my xd prototypes

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24

Feedback and Knowledge Base