Request details

Flow text line wrapping around/inside a shape

I would like to be able to wrap text around an object or another text block as with InDesign.

39 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow. Yet another excellent feature found in other CC apps that seems to be oddly missing from Xd. Please Adobe, you guys need to serious start stepping up your game if you hope to catch up with the momentum other prototyping apps have been gaining due to continuous deployment and iteration. I'm getting a bit fed up with features I've come to expect from your products missing in this one.

I was also hoping for this feature. I am new to this program and assumed it would be like the others (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) in this regard. Missed opportunity. Hopefully, they fix this in the future.

• Dan Norris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another important feature missing in Adbobe XD... Would be great to have this included in a future release please!

Adobe just needs to get with the inDesign and Illustrator teams and start pulling in their features.

In Indesign you can change the shape of a text box. This has many uses and can be achieved in CSS already. One uses could be drawing a text box around an image or content block to flow in text. This could also be useful with slanted layouts.

• BT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see this functionality so that I can prototype for layouts with svg shapes and wraps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base