Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. import transformed texts from PSD with transformation, maybe make them svg

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Implement Full Screen Mode
    Which already available in Other Adobe Apps(Illustrator,Photoshop)
    F is the shortcut key

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. While we're waiting on Xd to add a feature for annotations / documentation / callouts / etc., I have come up with a very useful workaround. This workaround lets you add a notes panel next to each artboard that can be easily moved with the artboard, scaled to accommodate longer scrolling pages, and can be easily shown or hidden when running in preview mode.

This attached document includes lots of detail on how to use the workaround yourself, as well as plenty of feedback for the Xd team on what I'd like to see in the annotations feature once they…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be nice to be able to hide the window frame on the Preview window, e.g. when I design for Windows on Windows I would like to be able to view artboards as if they're a window in the OS.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sometimes, we are checking the whole design or we brainstorm it with someone else.
    we need a place to take notes about a specific page or object to maybe modify it later.
    A note or comment tool inside the app, is a great tool for designers to but some kind of reminders for themselves and attach a note to an object or artboard.

I need this feature each and every time that I have meetings with my colleague about the designs. I have to take notes on paper or some other apps. but it would be so helpful and productive…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Similar to Illustrator where you can easily flip background and stroke color, it would be nice to have this in XD as well when experimenting with color options.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Right now, when you enter Desktop Preview, the cursor is the typical white circle that is supposed to represent a finger. This is great when your project is a mobile app or website. But your project is a desktop app or website, it begs to have a normal black arrow for a cursor--and the Mickey Mouse gloved hand when hovering over clickable things--for recording videos and even just testing it out on your own. It's cumbersome and distracting to have a giant circle cursor for desktop experiences.

When you create a new project, XD already asks what type of project…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Photoshop like ability to filter layer by TYPE, PATH or symbol.
    Useful for making massive operations such as GLOBAL FONT editing or COLOR changing

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We need the Shutterstock plugin like Photoshop and Illustrator's one

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I first open Adobe XD, it just give me an option to create new designs, but not to open a file, I know that's for those who are new to the product, but for those who reinstall it we need to create a new file just to open the project we want.

It would be great to have a "Open file" button on that "Welcome" screen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. 2,901 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow searching of Adobe Stock like in Photoshop and illustrator

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. As explained the title, the ability for designers to add notes whilst working, to art boards, to remember ideas, note down comments from users/team members etc

432 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Upload the .xd-file as well as exporting pngs when publishing the link for the prototype or the design specs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The current XD version offers limited options on how to set up the grid system. I would be great if you could include two additional options that are available in other apps including Illustrator.
    1. Subdivisions
    2. Grid in back

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to see a link to my export folder (or open the export folder automatically) when my export is complete.

It would optimize my workflow, since I use my exported assets immediately. F.ex. to use in invision etc... now I have to browse separately to the folder.

Example:
    In Balsamiq a small link is shown "go there", in the confirmation message when my export is complete.

other suggestion: maybe an additional checkbox in the export settings: "open folder when complete".

It's a small feature, but every 10 seconds per export I can save, would make me happy :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Thanks for adding gradients !
    Right now, we can add colours to our 'favourites' with the + button, could we also save gradients when in the gradient tool?

Something really nice too would be to allow the pipette to pick the gradient of a shape/artboard.

These too would save a lot of time !!

610 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great if it was possible to merge styles or characters. For example if I have a font style in the same weight, but in slightly different colors, it would be great to have the possibility to merge these two into one style, without having to relink the existing text boxes. Same would go for colors.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. when I open my psd files in XD the line height/soft returns/space before and after paragraphs gets messed up-- can't use XD until this is fixed

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include a built-in library of grids for Android, iOS, mobile and desktop. This would help with standardisation, particularly for emerging UX designers.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)