Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Separate opacity for border, fill/area, and image thats inside the frame

Seperate opacity of border, area/fill and image inside the frame. So I can set the image to 80% and with the black fill it will be shaded/darkened but the white boarder is still white and has no opacity!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move the lock/hide buttons

I am always annoyingly clicking on the lock and show/hide buttons when working with the layers palette! I only work on my laptop, so real estate matters. I keep the layers palette narrow (the default setting), so when looking in a 4-deep nested group in a symbol, I hardly see the text description. And since those buttons don't appear until you hover over an object, I'm always accidentally locking my objects without actually selecting them as I intended.

Please consider moving them or floating them off the panel, perhaps only in a narrow view. Or letting me lock/hide them by…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add app shortcuts and recent files to Windows jumplist

I would love for XD to support in the next update a jumplist, for us to easily access of recent files, pinned files on the jumplist, UI kits and some few app shortcuts for easy access/launch on them, both if we pin XD to our Windows taskbar, and to it's tile

Here's the concept I made. I put some time into it. I hope you see this and consider this. I'm very certain the jump list support is just a small work to implement, I know it. Please do it on next update, most CC apps already have this. i…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use Import... to populate images into a repeat grid

I really like the populate behavior that drag and drop has when used in a repeat grid.

With that said, and this just maybe how I work, but I feel like it would more efficient to not have to leave the program and just use the shortcut for File > Import... select the files I want, press enter and it populate a repeat grid as if I had dragged and dropped those files from the Finder.

Granted some may not want that behavior, and I may not want that every time; a possible solution could be to have "import options"…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move... Command

I think it would be extremely convenient and natural to have a Move... command for objects, exactly like the Object > Transform> Move... command in Illustrator and Indesign. I use that command A LOT in those programs and wish it was available in Experience Design.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Prototype Footnotes

It would be nice if the creator (sharer) of the prototype could add footnotes to the shared prototype, separate from the comments.

eg. if there is a conditional object. this hypothetical object on the page should only be there when the user has a message, I'd like to be able to add a footnote to inform the shareholders on this condition. Footnotes would be used for these function-specific notes, and comments would be used for feedback and discussion.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export everything that is on a artboard.

Description : I have 2 art boards. both of them are filled with my design . I wish i can Export this 2 in a same image with a new big art board under them.

Value: normal art boards are used for prototyping and the bigger one is for export interaction design documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make symbol from multiple existing copies of the same elements

It would be helpful if we could make a new symbol from multiples of the same object - for instance, you've got a button or icon that is exactly the same, but you've got 10 of them in use already. It would be great if you could 'symbol-ize' one of them and have it work on all instances.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add LDPI and TVDPI to asset export tool

Although you cover the most common Android densities, sometimes you need to cover these resolutions for certain devices, for compatibility and testing purposes. It would be great if you would add a 0,75x (LDPI) and 1,33x (TVDPI) to your android asset export options.

Photoshop and Sketch have a similar tool in which it lets you manually set your export sizes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Single shortcut to display Preview in full screen

As a user in prototype mode, to open the Desktop Preview in full screen requires two command-key strokes: 1) Command-Return, then 2) Command-Control-F.

I would prefer to have a single command keystroke to go straight to Full Screen mode. For example: Command-Control-Return.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update border or fill of selected object dynamically when using eyedropper

You've just selected an object (or group of objects) and want to try out different fill and/or border colors, but you want to use the eyedropper tool to pick up colors from your design, or a photo.

Wouldn't it be cool if, as you're hovering the eyedropper, your selection gave you a real-time "clean" preview? By clean I mean without the selection UI around it (the green transparent outline and white handles).

(Originally: "Clean", live update of object as eyedropper is being used to select new Fill/Border color)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Round to the nearest 10 pixels when using shift + up/down (like Illustrator)

One of my favourite features in Illustrator is that it rounds units to the nearest ten when using shift and clicking the up/down buttons or hitting the up/down keys.

Just to be 100% clear, I’m not talking about bumping up/down by exactly 10px like what Photoshop does. If a shape is 23 pixels wide and you hold shift and hit the up key while the width text box is focused, the shape will bump to 30 pixels, not 33 pixels. It’s glorious!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow control over whether or not the scroll position is maintained

app preview on iPad cannot back to the header

Hello,

When i install the adobe Xd app on the iPad, every artboard all scroll from the header to footer perfectly in first time. But, when i back to previous artboard, it will always start the scroll from the footer, not the header.

the bug only happens on the preview app, but not on the software of my laptop and the share link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently as designed, as we maintain the scroll position on mobile. I’ll change this to a feature request. Over time, we’ll be taking a look at allowing control over this over time.

Thanks,

-Elaine

14. Allow sign-in from multiple AdobeIDs on mobile XD

Since you can only activate 2 devices per Adobe ID, I have two of them: One for private use at home and one from where I work.

I however only have one cellphone and I do not plan on carrying two about all the time.

This leaves me with following problem: I would have to sign out and in all the time to view my different projects.

Since this is more of a hassle than just connecting my phone to my PC using a cable I basically never use the whole wireless thingy when I am at work, which is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Design Roadmap

My team often needs a vision to start with, but also smaller increments for in between. It would be great to have the possibility to show the design roadmap to the devs / shareholders.

Some more detail:
    We will usually have a big idea, very rough on a sketch level - defined from user research etc. But to get to this point and to have it validated, we need to split it up in smaller increments.
    Now I just have an xd file called _vision, then another one _mvp or _mvp2 or _mvp3 ... you get it. It would be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable Applescript hooks

All adobe products have at least basic hooks to get current file name or window properties. Personally I use these kind of applescript requests to keep track of what files are open and being worked on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove automatic highlighting from "HEX" box in color picker after a color is chosen from saved swatches

Right now, when you open up the color picker, the "HEX" box is highlighted. I get it, it's so you can manually type a value or copy the existing value easily.

However, once you have selected a new color from a saved swatch, I think the automatic highlighting of the hex should be removed. That way, you could close the color menu by pressing "V" and returning to the regular "move" tool. Right now, I constantly type "V" to try and close the picker, but I end up typing "V"s in the hex box instead.

Honestly, if there was an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Horizontal-only-scale drag handle on short elements like text fields

This small but frustrating issue has been such a common recurring problem for me. See attached. I know if I made the field much taller, the horizonal drag/scale handle would appear, but text fields are always short, I'm always tweaking the length, and it seems like there's room to fit the handle. Why not have it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drag objects to other XD files

I would like the ability to drag between different XD files without having to copy and paste.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Windows] Add F5 hotkey support for desktop preview

From Visual Studio to other known editors, it has been common feature that when pressing F5, the application will launch.

Why not add same key (F5) support to Adobe XD as well, that when pressing that key, the desktop preview will launch.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base