Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show preview in OS X Quick Look

OS X's Quick Look doesn't work, I can't look content

(macOS Finder spacebar / space shortcut)

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Align and distribute path anchor points

As a Designer I want to create more complex shapes quickly. To align vectors in a vector shape I want to apply alignment or distribution to selected set of vectors or a singe vector to quickly create correct and precise shapes.

In short - provide the alignment / distribution also for single or a selection of vectors.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Form element validation

It would be of great value to be able to have error handeling this would create a more realistic prototype and scenarios for user testing.

Example 1:
    If you add a text field and set it to an email field it should trigger an error when a user doesn't fill it in correct.

Example 2:
    If you add a text field and set it to a mandatory field it should trigger an error when a user skips the field or presses a submit button.

At this moment there are no application I know of that have this feature and if…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a bit of snapping lag when moving objects with a tablet pen

I've been using XD with a wacom tablet (Intuos 5) for several weeks and I have the same problem as with other design software: the pen input is too sensitive to movement!
    Often times I click with the pen to select an object and I accidentally move it at the same time (a few pixels) which is really annoying and sometimes I don't even notice it if I've very zoomed out.
    In Paint Tool SAI, which ironic is not even a design tool, there's an intentional lag snap when dragging stuff so you don't move things accidentally. Maybe something like…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import PDFs

Vector assets for iOS are PDFs. Not being able to import existing assets directly sucks.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

I would like to understand more about your workflow. What are you trying to achieve and what prevents you doing with the latest XD version?

Cheers,
    M.

6. Export to Powerpoint Slide Deck

We have many non-design stakeholders who need to provide input into designs and workflows. Oftentimes the easiest way to communicate with them is through a simple presentation.

It would be great if we could export our workflows/canvases into a PPT slide deck that we could annotate - with the interactions and linkages (mostly) auto-annotated in the slide's speaker notes and with the slide order (basically) being the top-down user flow.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reorder your Repeat Grid

Maybe by holding the command key while moving one of the groups.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export: Customize File Names and Structures

On export, bring up a dialog that allows you to customize size and naming scheme for each file and save that as a template/preference. Not everyone wants to follow the Android directories. So it would be nice if we could export images into one directory with names (e.g. logo640.png, logo480.png...or...logo.png, logo@2x.png, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Align multiple selected objects on artboard (alt+align-icon)

Could you please add the feature to align multiple selected objects on the artboard.

Sketch has this feature were you could select (lets say) two objects and align them with them self by pressing the align-icon, but if you hold the alt-key you could align them on the artboard

With this feature you don't always have to group multiple objects to align them on the artboard.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Em values for font sizes and line spacing

Em values allows me to set relative values for font sizes and line spacing in a way that the line spacing is always relative and proportional to the font size. This is a great time saver.

Please take a look at Typecast, you can set it in px and/or em. Amazingly flexible.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Widgets and Interactions built on Cases

I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better export options for graphics with effects

If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Clipboard Integration with PS + AI for Vector and Transparent PNG

Pls add clipboard integration for Vector Shapes from AI and Photoshop as well as transparent bitmap layers from PS.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You should already be able to copy and paste vectors from both Illustrator and Photoshop. In Photoshop, you’ll need to copy as vector in order to paste into XD. For more about both, please read: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/working-with-external-assets.html

I believe we also support transparent bitmap layers from Photoshop as well on Mac.

Please let us know if this answers your question!

-Elaine

14. Decrease loading time while clicking through prototype

While clicking through prototypes via de share link, it takes a lot of time for it to load pages. This is simply a no-go whilst presenting a prototype to customers.

Because every screen is loaded individually, when clicking on a button it takes several seconds to only load a "rollover". This a bit awkward when sitting around the table with clients who expect a clickable website.

Because online sharing is the only way to keep it clickable I have now no choice but to use Sketch instead.

Thinking out loud, I would suggest doing the following:
    - improving the server …

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Move/dock Symbols and Layers panel to the right side

Allow palettes to be moved to one side of the screen.

The default location of palettes force you to constantly move from far left to far right of a large monitor - it's actually quite painful when you're used to having all palettes/tools on one side and your artwork on the other.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adobe Extract for Brackets to work with XD

Brackets Code Editor has good integration with PSD Files, which allows it to grab layers, colors, font details and spacing info. More on that here (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/extract-for-brackets.html)
    I wonder whether you can work on features that allow Adobe Extract to grab data(images, font names, sizing info etc) from XD and transfer for Brackets, the same way it happens to PSD ?

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  6 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improved Noun Project integration: don't convert to bitmap on drag/drop

Integrating with https://thenounproject.com/ app on Mac would really speed up the process flow of applying icon sets into the app design.

I'm currently hopping from the noun project app, to Adobe Illustrator before copying across to XD. It would be good to miss out the middle man and just drag straight to XD.

Thanks!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can already get full-quality vector icons from the Noun Project desktop app directly into XD via copy-paste.

However, if you drag & drop from the Noun Project app into XD, you get a bitmap instead of a vector, which is not ideal.

So XD has partial integration already — I’ll leave this request open to cover the remaining missing piece of better drag/drop behavior.

18. Prototype Footnotes

It would be nice if the creator (sharer) of the prototype could add footnotes to the shared prototype, separate from the comments.

eg. if there is a conditional object. this hypothetical object on the page should only be there when the user has a message, I'd like to be able to add a footnote to inform the shareholders on this condition. Footnotes would be used for these function-specific notes, and comments would be used for feedback and discussion.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display dimensions next to cursor when drawing

while drawing shapes it would be helpful to see the dimensions in close proximity to the shape being drawn

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Button press and hold

Press and hold capability for buttons with the ability to specify the length of the hold.
    Also would be good to allow multiple press and holds of different lengths on the same button that go to independent destinations. Example press and hold button for 2 seconds goes to artboard a. Press and hold same button for 4 seconds goes to artboard b.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base