Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change Artboard title font size with Zoom level

Current (0.6.24.10) version, when user zoom in/out, the Artboard font rendering size does not change. It will look better if the Artboard title can zoom with zoom level accordingly based on 100% zoom level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wearable Device Features

Not all interfaces are clickable and not all screens are touch screens. Some interfaces require inputs from physical buttons.
    Therefore, I'd like the ability to have a mockup image of a wearable device or smart phone behind the artboards, and then be able to create clickable regions over the "physical" buttons of the device to navigate through the interface.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select alignment point for square grids (align center, align right)

The guides are aligned on the legt, maybe an option tot align at the right and center!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tab navigation

I'd like to be able to change a subsection of a page based on my selection, like you can see at http://tabtab.be/

タブで遷移

日本語で失礼します。

現在、プロトタイプモードでは、ページ全体の遷移しかできません。
    例えば下記ページのように、タブで選択した箇所のみ情報が変わるような遷移はできないでしょうか。
    http://tabtab.be/

情報サイトでは、タブ切り替えをよく使います。
    このような遷移がプロトタイプモードで作れたら、イメージ共有がスムーズになります。
    現在この機能がないため、XDをプロジェクトで使うのをためらっております。
    ぜひ追加機能をお願いします。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shortcut to cycle through elements of a group

It would be clever to have the ability to cycle between the different elements of a group with a shortcut. Ex: I have 5 elements grouped together, and I need to change the fill/stroke of all of them from white to blue. 2 elements have a fill and 3 of them have strokes, so selecting them all at once isn't possible. If I could direct select one element within a group, and then Tab through the elements to cycle through the elements of the group, it would save alot of time and precise clicking within the group. It can be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Detect/search and standardize different styles

After a wild layout period I often have tons of different font-sizes, colors and so on … Now I have to reduce this for the developer. At this point it would be very helpful to let me show which colors+fonts+font-sizes+font-styles I have used in my project and where! If I know the place, I can decide to change a style to a common one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to make interaction points dialog explaining functionality in prototype

Similar to Microsoft visio this feature will give users the Ability to make interaction points explaining functionality in the prototype. The user will be able to draw an arrow pointing at the element linking to the dialog box. A dialog box will give user info on functionality or explain Interaction point.
    This feature will show in prototype mode and give the option to enable in share prototype mode.

As a user, I can draw an interaction box.
    As a user, I can link interaction box to shape/element/ect.
    As a user, I can choose to enable this when I share a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Similar optical paragraph alignment to InDesign

When your paragraph is center aligned but there is a space in the end of the line, InDesign can justify the paragraph optically, so that the empty space is neglected.

On the other hand PS, AI, AE and now Xd make use of that empty space and the visible text will not be centered. That's just stupid, right?

Make all the type settings as clever as ID, which is obviously the only app with professional understanding of type. Thanks!

XD is super great and I can't wait for it to develop!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Editing layout of Repeat Grid content should adjust total size of grid to avoid overlap (keep padding fixed)

When selecting multiple items and making a repeating grid, for example when making a list where each row has multiple items, moving one of the original items does not repeat the grid. this results in text being clipped at the edges of the grid and/or getting overlapped by the next repeat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable certain objects for Export

Disable certain objects for Export

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve font alignment

フォントを揃える時に誤差があります
    例えばテキスト入力ボックスをデザインする時横長の長方形に一行テキストを置いてデザインしますが、長方形とテキストを両方選んで垂直方向で中央揃えをするとテキストを選択した状態でテキスト上に余白がありそれも計算して中央揃えするのでテキストが長方形に対して微妙に下になります。
    中央揃えしたあとにテキストだけ若干上に上げるような操作が必要となります。
    この点改善してください。

For example, when designing a text input box, design one line text in a landscape rectangle, but if you select both rectangle and text and center it in the vertical direction, there is a margin on the text with the text selected Since it is calculated and centered, the text is slightly below the rectangle.
    It is necessary to operate such as to raise the text only slightly after centering it.
    Please improve on this point.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change order of artboard in layer panel on duplicate

When option dragging an existing artboard, the new artboard is placed above the existing one in the artboards panel. I think this is not logical. It should be places under the existing artboard. In most cases, duplicating an artboard is done to continue in the flow of thought, which should be left to right or top to bottom.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Set gutters of repeat grid to fractional values

When attempting to use repeat grid to create column guides for responsive themes, I found that it is not possible to snap to fractional x or y values. This means that if a column is a fraction, you have two problems.

First, when creating your repeat grid, you create the first column of (say) 67.5 px width. Then you create your second column of 30px and try to snap it up to the right side of the first column. It unfortunately will be .5 px to the right of the boundary instead.
    OK, fine, to remedy, I simply shave off…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy and Paste Type From Photoshop

The XD team just released awesome improvements to design mode in the March Update with the support for copy and paste from Photoshop and Illustrator.

However, one cannot copy and past type from Photoshop to XD without copying the type as a raster or an SVG.

A similar problem was addressed for Illustrator here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13059984-copying-pasting-text-from-illustrator

It would be great if the solution for illustrator - the ability to copy text and paste it in XD as a text element - was made available for photoshop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Preserve element name as ID name on SVG export

We use the SVG output of AdobeXD to build our websites faster. But the only problem is the lack of meaningful names of the SVG elements in the exported file. It should be very helpful to name any element or group inside AdobeXD and preserve that name as svg id when exporting to svg. Including color and gradient names, repeaters names and interactive click spots.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Dip to Black" transition

When jumping between user flows (i.e. illustrating what a different user would see), a "dip to black" transition would be very useful. It's a powerful transition used in film editing to indicate a change in context, or time passing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Windows] Make mousewheel zoom shortcut Space instead of Ctrl

The reason is that 'Ctrl+Mouse Wheel' for zooming is very uncomfortable due to 'Space+left Mouse press' for moving your mouse pointer. Additionally, touchpads for Windows are not able to move your mouse pointer to left or right.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Separate opacity for border, fill/area, and image thats inside the frame

Seperate opacity of border, area/fill and image inside the frame. So I can set the image to 80% and with the black fill it will be shaded/darkened but the white boarder is still white and has no opacity!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move the lock/hide buttons

I am always annoyingly clicking on the lock and show/hide buttons when working with the layers palette! I only work on my laptop, so real estate matters. I keep the layers palette narrow (the default setting), so when looking in a 4-deep nested group in a symbol, I hardly see the text description. And since those buttons don't appear until you hover over an object, I'm always accidentally locking my objects without actually selecting them as I intended.

Please consider moving them or floating them off the panel, perhaps only in a narrow view. Or letting me lock/hide them by…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base