Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Well, just as the title says. When selecting a text field and dragging across an art board, fill it with lorem ipsum automatically. If you don't need a dummy text - simply start writing to overwrite it. Would make prototyping text rich websites much faster.

609 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. While sharing the screens to developers on the web. Assets artboard having all the icons/images should get created automatically when all the interactions / screens are done ... and icons/images are marked as assets. This way not only developers can see all the assets at one go but also can download them instantly instead of going to multiple pages and downloading assets separately. It will make designers life easy as well.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The new grid feature is great for basic layout stuff! Would be awesome to be able to customize grids with custom width for specific columns.

For example, it would be cool to be able to create say a 2-column layout with one 2/3rds column, one 1/3 column, and a defined gutter.

Also the ability to define whether or not there is a gutter on the outside of the grid system as a whole or not...an example of this is a situation where you had, say, a content wrapper with 30px padding inside the left/right edges.

Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 314 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Golden Ratio proportions are used by most of the designers, yet it is always a hassle to measure the sizes of all elements and margins between them individually.

It would be nice if the panel with artboard grids would also have a checkbox for "Snap to Golden Ratio".

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hello team, make it possible to reorder Artboards as it's done on PowerPoint (Slides). This is helpful when we export all artboards into PDF. we will be able to change the order of artboards.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I just created the first artboard of a series. I select it, then drag a copy of it over to the right and drop the new copy. Let's say the name is "List" on the first artboard. The new copy is set to "List - 1". When you have an original copy, that original copy is the #1. So, the second copy should be "List - 2", not "List - 1".

Also, I'd like to remove the hyphen. In fact, if we could just set how the incrementation works as a preference, that would be best.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If a dash and gap lengths do not evenly go around the circumference of an object, a merged dash will occur, making it uneven. To avoid the merge or the incorrect gap on the top, XD would have to average/modify the gaps or the lengths so to automatically change values for those. I hope to see this option implemented for border strokes in the future.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 合成フォントを設定できるようにしたい。

Illustratorのような細かい設定はできなくてもいいが、日本語・欧文のフォント設定を分けたいので、合成フォント設定ができるようになると嬉しい。

I want to be able to set a synthesized font.
    Although it is not necessary to set fine settings like Illustrator, I'd like to separate font settings between Japanese and European texts, so it would be nice to be able to set composite fonts.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to create interactive relationships, like radio inputs, if you select one it deselects the other. Selecting different options can change the outcome when the user hits 'Submit' etc

1,774 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is it possible to use the same 'Links' window from InDesign as a feature in XD?

Example: I am working on a website for a client with multiple artboards and lots of images. I need full control and understanding of the output resolution of each image and also it's file name and location (when not working from images in CC libraries). There are some watermaked stock images and I will need to go through them, download and relink on approval - then export each asset.

Having the Links panel integrated into XD from InDesign would be a massive help and…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When changing the color, dimensions, or location of an object I often want to press 'V' to change the cursor to 'Select' and move on. 'V' is not a valid value in any of those fields, so it would be great when I press 'V' it would lose focus on the field, and change the cursor.

Instead, I have to remember to hit 'Escape' then 'V'.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Ability to have a single object (or group) break out of its artboard and cross multiple artboards within a single prototype. The simplest use case is the creation of a global navigation bar that spans across multiple screens. This object's interactive elements would also work across multiple screens as well, and any edits to this object would update across the rest of the screens.

2. Easy interaction management and editing. Also provides consistency with consistent elements within an experience.

2,872 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Perhaps more of a Behance feature request, but would be cool to have the ability to choose iPhone/mobile skins when embedding prototypes in Behance.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1,421 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sketch does this quite easily, and I think it has to be part of Adobe XD:

Essentially, when you mask an image, you should be able to make the image transparent in the mask while whatever shape is masking the image can keep it's color. This makes it super quick/easy to have the effect of images overlaying on a darker color.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It can be great to have color scheme/theme like Colors in Assets.

As of now you can pick any color and replace it (Assets->Colors).
    My suggestion is to make group of colors that you can replace and then switch between different sets (Assets->Theme).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I've now had 3 clients voice confusion on "how they can see the rest of the page" on the prototype. The way its laid out, as a frame in the middle of the page, is proving to be confusing even to typical enterprise clients.

I understand the reasoning is to display the page with the specfied fold, but I don't think its useful the way it's implemented. It makes it look like a picture on a page, not a scrollable window.

It may work better allow the prototype to scroll within the full height of the browser, and treat the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I preview in the browser I can use the browser's built in "back" button to go back one step in my prototype. There's no way to mimic this behavior in the Desktop Preview in the XD app. This can be frustrating, as I often like to start Previews within the app but it can be frustrating to navigate.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In order to full use this as a UX professional, I would have to have the ability to include gestures, most critically for handing a stakeholder a wireframe or design. Gestural swipes, two-finger zoom, force-touch, etc. Otherwise I don't think too many experience UX professionals will be able to properly communicate core functionality and the behavioral imperatives incumbent to the process.

2,720 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)