Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Define default symbol paste position

Symbols should have the option of being applied to an artboard with their position matching a predetermined xy position, thus having the newly applied symbol appear in exactly the same place as it was when it was created.

Currently, the workaround requires copying / pasting from some kind of master artboard — which is tedious and unnecessary.

There should be some option to apply a symbol in a predetermined place, or position it manually if desired.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use dash instead of a long dash for artboard name when pasting

Use dash instead of a long dash for artboard name when pasting. Cannot compress (zip) exported files when there is a long dash in the filename on a windows machine. There may be other issues that arise when there is a long dash?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Find most recent update override to a symbol

In Design Mode, we override symbols in multiple places - but sometimes forget to Update All Symbols along the way. Later, when editing the document, we can not find the latest update to a symbol, which we would like to use to Update All Symbols to the override. Feature needed: "find most recent update override to a symbol."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Shortcut to adjust stroke width

I'd like to either have a scroll bar or +/- arrows to let me change the stroke without having to guess a number. Also, if I do change the value by typing a number, I'd like that result to be automatic, without me having to press enter to see if it fits my needs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. RGB565 color spectrum support

Working on UI on embedded hardware, sometimes there are limitation about the colour spectrum that can be used.
    Above all, the RGB565 (16bit total, that means 65.000 colurs) is very often used. Could be possible to implement this palette native in the software and also in the export options?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notes and colors on workspace for structure

Working with a team on a project requires me to pass on my Xd files to others sometimes. Maybe it is me being messy, but being able to drop shapes and text on the workspace would mean a lot more structure to me.

For example: if I could drop things on the workspace, i'd be able to create notes, drop grouped artboards on a colored background etc. In that way it would be easier for me to pass on my files without leaving the next person puzzled. And as I am working on a rather big project, it would even…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display number of assets in a file

It would be great to know the total number of artworks in our project.
    Exemple in picture attached

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Find & Replace to confirm other overrides when "Update All Symbols"

As a designer in design mode, when applying "Update All Symbols," I wish to keep some update-overrides. But they can be hard to find. A find-and-replace feature, like in modern spell checkers, would help me to find and confirm, or skip, some of my other symbol overrides.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a bit of snapping lag when moving objects with a tablet pen

I've been using XD with a wacom tablet (Intuos 5) for several weeks and I have the same problem as with other design software: the pen input is too sensitive to movement!
    Often times I click with the pen to select an object and I accidentally move it at the same time (a few pixels) which is really annoying and sometimes I don't even notice it if I've very zoomed out.
    In Paint Tool SAI, which ironic is not even a design tool, there's an intentional lag snap when dragging stuff so you don't move things accidentally. Maybe something like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Embed color data in property inspector

Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Snap to nearest graphically-balanced position on arrow movement

The ability to (key+arrow) move an item directly to a spot that makes sense, according to certain preset values.

Eg. you could move an item always 10px away from another item, or directly center an item between two other elements nearby with just one (key+arrow) combination.

See example below. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Move Resize Handles, so that they stay on screen

Picture the following scenario: You have a very large object and a very small one. You want to resize the large object with some relation to the smaller object, which requires you to zoom in. However now that you have zoomed in, the handles for your larger object are off-screen.

It would be nice if you could either, resize an object using the entire edge as a handle, or just make the handles move along the edge so that they are always on screen, even when zooming in.

to illustrate my problem I have attached a screenshot with an indication…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Double-click app window to expand it

When you double click the title area of an app window on macOS, the window expands to fill the screen either vertically or both vertically and horizontally (depending on the contents of the window). App windows do this in Windows as well. But XD doesn't do this. Please add this to XD. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Colour wheel like Ai, PS and InDesign

Would like to see a colour wheel and swatches like the rest of the programs, rather than having to click on the fill icon to select colour. I just lose time by doing that and feels less free to quickly test colours.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Adobe XD to Homebrew-Cask

I'd like to have Adobe XD available as a Cask to be installed using Homebrew.

It´s a common onboarding task to install (and update) a lot of software for a new team member and I use brew-cask for this. Most of the needed apps & packages are available through either brew or cask but not Adobe XD yet.

Thanks!

Useful links:
    https://caskroom.github.io/
    https://github.com/caskroom/homebrew-cask/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Draw new object above currently selected object

If I have a layer selected and then create a new Rectangle object, I'd expect that layer to be created directly above the layer I have selected (or even below would make sense) instead its created as the top most layer with in the current group of layers.

This is annoying because often the size of that rectangle depends on other objects in the group and because the layer is above them all you can see them if the new rectangle is going to be bigger them and it covers them up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change Artboard title font size with Zoom level

Current (0.6.24.10) version, when user zoom in/out, the Artboard font rendering size does not change. It will look better if the Artboard title can zoom with zoom level accordingly based on 100% zoom level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Wearable Device Features

Not all interfaces are clickable and not all screens are touch screens. Some interfaces require inputs from physical buttons.
    Therefore, I'd like the ability to have a mockup image of a wearable device or smart phone behind the artboards, and then be able to create clickable regions over the "physical" buttons of the device to navigate through the interface.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base