Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resizable font family list

Description: The font family list under TEXT should be resizable, or at the very least dynamically sized to expand to fit larger available screen size.

Value: A larger list would significantly reduce selection time spent using this control. The constrained size of the list is very limiting, only showing 16 choices at a time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mini navigator view - Pan & tap to zoom window in/out

Since the art boards can be very very large having a mini pan and tap to zoom in / out window possibly on the right bottom side to navigate elegantly through the entire art board space would be convenient I believe.

as of now I have to use the little hand and move around on the art boards themselves in combination with the zoom out function.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to design / Export JSX panels for other Adobe applications

I would LOVE to be able to create simple UI layouts for Adobe JSX scripts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Visible preview of invisible object (no opacity or fill) when dragging / moving / resizing

If an object's opacity is set to zero and you then 'alt-drag' it, there's no preview of the new object's edges, so you can't see what you're alt-dragging. Illustrator solved this by using the object's 'Outline mode' preview when alt-dragging.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Resize/move feedback for invisible shapes definitely could be improved, and we are tracking that issue. As a workaround, you can toggle the fill or stroke on for a moment, adjust the shape, and then toggle it back off.

If you’re using an invisible rectangle to define a hit area for Prototyping mode, you may also be interested in upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931899-actual-hotspots, which would let you more easily define interaction hotspots that don’t match up exactly with the size & shape of any of your visible artwork.

5. Different pasteboard color in prototyping tab

Would be good to have a different color clipboard background to differentiate between design and prototype mode.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. White Label shared previews

It would be 'nice' to have one company offer a way to present prototypes, etc without a "Made with .." credit.

As paying customers (Creative Cloud) it would be great to have my business logo and name on all outwardly facing Preview material.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lock all objects underneath current selection

An option for locking the objects underneath the selected object for locking could also be considered, which may help at certain instances.

While 'Cmd+L' locks individual object, 'Cmd+Shift+L' can be assigned to lock all the objects underneath the selected objects too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Completion hints to help designers name objects/layers

I know Layer Panel is on the way so I hope this idea will help.

Naming Layer is still one of the worst nightmare. We forget to name layer and group all the time. We need good naming for organizing and exporting assets but with hundred of layers after the design done, we just cannot complete this task well.

So I think you should make a new kind of naming process to encourage designers do it as an important part of their routine.

My idea is a naming box appearing after we add an vector, bitmap or a shape. The…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shape/path Morph transitions

Add the option to morph an element to another from a step to the next during transitions.
    For example a button in Step 1 can be linked in the prototype to a input field in Step 2. Then during the transition, AdobeXD should morph the button element to the input field.
    Both elements can be made with SVG assets, and morphed with the Gsock SVG Morph animation library.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change orientation of property inspector W/H/X/Y

This is very hard to describe in words so please see the screenshot.

Essentially, let's put WIDTH and HEIGHT side by side in the toolbar interface, and below that, place X and Y coordinates side by side.

Further, please add the coordinate origin (that little thing that defines where on the object the X and Y coordinates are referencing. The absence of this is a major frustration for me in Sketch and Keynote. (perhaps a power feature, but standard in Adobe apps)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep Preview window visible when switching away from XD

When the user clicks out of the XD application, the previous window disappears. This becomes an issue when sharing a presentation file, each time you click outside (for example, when you have 2 screens with notes on feedback on the other screen). Is there any reason to ever hide that window? It should just stay up whether XD has focus or not.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Save custom libraries of shapes/icons to drag and drop

In photoshop, you can import .csh files that contain a myriad of UI icons and shapes, and then draw them in the same way as a rectangle or ellipse. This has been invaluable as i can simply choose the icon shape i wish to use, and then create it to the size i want. I understand that you can bring in vector objects from illustrator, but it would save time if a "custom shapes" option was added. Perhaps this would allow people to create a material design icon set, or an ios icon set that could be accessed on demand…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove spaces from Artboard name when duplicating

When drag-copying dartboards to create new ones, a 'space-hypehn-space-number' is added to the name. These spaces carry over to the exported files. Obviously this is not good practice as spaces should be used in files intended for web use. Are you planning on removing these in a future update?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Installing / updating fonts requires restarting XD

Please allow the software to update font files without having to quit the application and relaunch it. Thank you !

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to change the default preview segue when using keyboard arrows

Looks like when previewing using the keyboard arrows, the segue used is Slide Left. It would be nice if it respected the segue setup in Prototype.

If that is not possible, it would be nice to allow user to change the global segue to something else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Payload data based on current assets in a given design

Weight is an important aspect of Web design

- Calculate the payload based on exported assets and display data, as it influences design

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Simple layer slider/scrubber to control Z order - like Adobe Comp

Maybe something like Abobe Comp is enough. It is very simple and useful

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe Bridge CC and XMP Metadata Integration

It would be great to have the possibility of integrate Comet's design files into a Bridge-Based workflow.

Support for XMP metadata, possibility to see/use the color swatches used into a document, quick thumbnails preview (Like ID files), keywording, etc...

Unfortunately many apps made by adobe over the time use files that does not integrates into Bridge workflow, like Muse, Edge Reflow, Edge Animate, other...

Francesco

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change an interaction's start point

I would like to be able to change an interaction's start point after I've already set it. In my scenario going from a low-fidelity to high-fidelity design, there were certain objects I wanted to swap in for existing hot spots.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add cursor feedback on hover when holding the Option key

Holding Option to duplicate an element is missing the cursor feedback from PS / AI (the double arrow) when you are hovering over an element that can be duplicated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base