Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It would be great to have a generic "find and replace" inside the edit menu like most text editors have. What would be even better is if you could select the find and replace function to use the current art board, or all art boards. This is super helpful if you're mocking up redundant content that has a slight name change between screens.

1,809 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When you export icons to SVG format, you need artboard to fit the illustrations for clear SVG code. Like Adobe Illustrator.

Now XD adds superfluous information like transform().

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi,

Can you give us more details about your workflow and how the transform impacts you?

Cheers,
    M.

3. It would be really nice to know the count of artboards in your file

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to right-click to swap Symbols in Design mode
    Or replace selected artwork with an existing Symbol

This request does NOT cover nested-symbol overrides (swapping an inner symbol differently in each copy of an outer symbol). For that, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19592509-nested-symbol-overrides

286 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. zoom option for previewing artboard in android mobile Adobe XD app. I just made mobile UI and and it's height is too big so when I preview on android mobile app it's too small and I want to view in fit mode or maybe there will be better if there is zooming option.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I think it would make it really easy on users if you could add a keyboard shortcut that would allow the left-up-down-right arrow keys to switch selections between art boards or components (would be nice to insta swap art-boards or just have them animate to focus on the desired board). I don't like the idea of having to use my mouse and space-bar. It just feels really inefficient.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We need tools like Personas, User Journeys Map, Value Proposition, Business Model Canvas. Something like https://uxpressia.com

The menu should be something like

00 Strategy Mode
    01 Design Mode
    02 Prototype Mode
    03 Test Mode

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create visually a way to show which items that was put in the batch. It will be easy if the user want to know if the same item was included twice through the artboard.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. like in Photoshop or like iMac folder coloring - to quick initializing layers, probably I'm not first with this ask, just need ask

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently if I want to change the leading between sentences in a text box, the change effects the entire text box. I would like to have the same functionality as Ai,Id, etc; by having the ability to change leading for individual sentences or to be able to separate a new paragraph from the last.

404 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When resizing an object that has a width with decimals (eg. 200.3 px) to snap to an other object that has a different width the object snaps and but still has a decimal of .3 px no matter what the other object's width is. Hence the two objects are not equal in width and have to be manually adjusted in the properties panel.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve converted this to a feature request, as this is currently working as expected. Often, forcing things to snap to the pixel can introduce warping, and so we default to maintaining the existing size.

-Elaine

12. It would be very helpful that if you have a data that could be a pattern that the repeat grid would follow this pattern much like spreadsheeting tools do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Upon opening an XD file, it fits all artboards on the screen. It'd be really nice if it restored the last position that was used in that file. If I'm working at a certain zoom level in a specific spot - especially when there are a lot of artboards, it would be a time-saver to not have to find the right one and zoom in accordingly.

Basically just copy how Sketch does it. ;-)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. 67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I copy HEX color codes to clipboard in Design Specs, I can get the color code like this:

FF12BF

FFFFFF

But, sometimes I want to get the color code like this:

ff12bf

ffffff

Or like this:

ff12bf

fff

Or like this:

FF12BF

FFF

So, I want to choose HEX color code rules in Design Specs.
    I think that engineers will support XD by responding to various coding rules.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great if we had an option of whatever we want to select group or specific layer via select tool default options. I guess it's much more frequently used to pick just one element instead of picking whole group.

So for me, for example, it would be much easier if by default it would be to just pick one emelement by click, rather then to press CMD all the time i want to change something inside of group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please provide the ability to design VR applications and prototype them in such a way that the user or the developer will be able to understand the VR application design concept laid out before them.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I remember, I have seen this presentation at Adobe MAX 2015. Where we can use dummy / Sample data for content such as Name, city, country etc (Please also think to add lorem ipsum dummy paragraph if possible).

I would love to know, is there any plan to integrate that concept in near future. Its a really great functionality and time consuming important feature for us.

Ref - Design with Data - Adobe MAX 2015 - Sneak Peeks:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ebPSJR3U0

2,509 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to be able to ink (freehand draw using my wacom/other pen) my concepts and annotations.

I know that there are some good work arounds like https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20399002-workaround-for-annotations-in-design-and-preview-m but inking with arrows would be faster and more useful for me.

I also know that some touch / pen features were implemented in https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17431225-pen-and-touch-support-in-windows-10 but this is a specific extra tool using pen.

The tool could be used to draw directly on the artboard, or on a toggle-able annotation layer per artboard.
    The inking could extend outside the artboard as necessary but would be associated with the artboard as part…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It's seems that mask with shape doesn't work with grouped or symbols elements.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)