Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Simple view to map out the IA (Information architecture), decided feature requests, page relationships, etc. before designing.

This would keep all design blueprints in one system instead of heading out to __(Mind map or flowchart app of choice)_ to stay on track. Especially when working on small teams.

May reflect a similar (though severely simplified) view of Prototype mode.

851 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. For prototyping and user testing, a text input field control would be very helpful. Bonus if you could apply actions to enter / submit based on different strings.

3,558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently, if we reload shared prototypes with password, we need to type password everytime.
    It's inconvenient, so kindly keep session at least 30 mins.

Let me tell you my story.
    A few days ago, I did a realtime design update. I shared a prototype to my colleagues and partners, then asked them to give me feedback comments on the prototype. They discussed on comments and I reflected the ideas simultaneously.

Then I found it very inconvenient to enter password everytime.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When creating hamburger menus on mobile I would like an option to go back to previous slide once closing it and keeping the art-boards previous location. The new feature of preserving scroll is a step in the right direction. But doesn't help with this problem.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Being able to add items to a symbol would not only speed up production time, but would also prevent the scenario where existing symbols (and their overrides) must be manually replaced if the user wants to add an object to a symbol.

If there is a way to do it, it is not intuitive. I can delete, move, and restyle items within a symbol. But if I try to drag another item into the symbol (say, another symbol such as a newly created button), it doesn’t work. XD shows a block icon (⦸) where the dragged insertion point should be.…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can currently add an object to a symbol by cutting, selecting an object inside the symbol, and then pasting. You can also enter and exit group edit context really quickly by double clicking on a symbol or group. However, you’re right in that you currently can’t drag directly into a symbol. I’ll repurpose this request to focus on that behavior.

-Elaine

6. It would be great to Export Prototypes as pure HTML Projects. I am working a lot on Multiscreen apps, where I mostly use Serveal Webcontainers Running on several Screens, to develop those Applications.

3,612 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Instead of being able to connect only by a USB cable, the ability to connect via wifi. Any roadmap for this would be useful to know.

704 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would be great if epub format is supported. This is preferred for ebooks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sometimes I make a lot of vectors and I keep forgetting to make them into symbols. It would be great if we can have find and replace vectors for XD. This feature could do the following:
    1. Find and replace vectors across artboard or within an artboard.
    2. Find and replace vectors of similar size, but different colour/ or different size but same shape and colour etc.
    3. Find and replace text in artboards.
    4. Convert searched vectors into Symbols.
    5. Edit all search results in one place (same as symbols)
    6. Select all search results, so that I can…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Next to work for web and apps, I also do work for custom interfaces. These interfaces lack support for png, jpg or svg. It would be great if the exporting of assets can also be done to a 'simple' bitmap.

Right now my workflow is to use Illustrator for this, but this lacks the flexibility and simplicity of working in Adobe XD.

My proposal for this would be:

• Add a format option in the export dialog with BMP.
    • Add an extra option to choose the background color for all exported artboards, shapes or symbols.
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to be able to hide my cursor when I am recording a video of a prototype.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pressing the Command key (on Mac), regardless of what tool is currently active, should give you the selection (arrow) cursor so you can quickly select and move objects. This feature is available in Illustrator, and it would make designing more efficient in Xd. Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I had some issues with an employee who was commenting a storm of uneducated comments on some of my published prototypes.

The prototypes I post are mainly for handing off specs to developers and to discuss aspects of the UI with them. Other people outside this workflow are able and welcome to look at the prototypes. However, it is our expectation that people outside the Design-Dev relationship should refrain from making comments. If they do make a comment, they . should only make comments that pertain to their profession and not to propose design changes since they are not designers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. What I love from XD is the ability to design and prototype in the same tool without having to install hundreds of plugins and the lightweight that it is. Sometimes have to animate things faster with custom animations and I use these tools (Principle and Flinto) to create them. I've been obligated to recreate my designs into this tools then animate. It should be nice to have a export tool to this tools or others.

271 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We do design in iPhone 5 size that 320x568 and we have script for illustrator, which will give export GUI, where we can select export size options for both iOS, android and web sizes. This way we don't have to design icons separately for other platforms. Have attached screenshots for reference, there you can see option to set base frame size used to design this will do the calculations in background and will export scaled icons for other selected sizes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Right now the layout grid is very basic and solves just a very basic scenario. But with complex and large websites / apps that have nested column layouts it's to simple.

Taking Bootstrap 4 as a reference that allow you to create rows which also contain N amount of columns, it would be a massive help to be sure that this behaviour could be reproduced.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be nice if I could snap (or align, or position - you name it) an object to another object.
    I mean something like abosolute positioned element inside a relative positioned element if we talk CSS.
    Imagine a rectangle and a text object. I would want to put text object on top of rectangle, position it 10px from bottom and 10px from right relative to the rectangle (right bottom corner of rectangle). Snap it to the rectangle, or whatever the magic action it would be. After thet is done, however I am resizing my rectangle, text object will always…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to select the bit size of image(8bit / 32bit..) in png format in XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In a perfect world I would like have dynamics animations on differents layers when you scroll or move the phone. It will improve a lot the possibilities of the soft.

Dynamic animations

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It will be better if we can have an undo history like Photoshop :)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)