Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It urgently needs an easy way to bring icons into the design. It should be possible to include icons like "material", "simple-line-icons", "lonicons", "FontAwesome" via a selection window. Currently, it is only very laborious about Illustrator.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please Make more hotkeys
    Lock aspect toggle
    and Color pick like in Photoshop [just press "I" and pick color]
    this really need for productivity while designing.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I have read that this is not been considered as a bug.

But I think it could be helpful that if we only have selected the border attribute, this could be taken as the color to fill when clicking a global color.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve edited this slightly to reflect your feedback. As you probably know, this is currently working as designed. To apply the color to the border, you can right click the color swatch in the assets panel and select “Apply as Border.”

4. This request is from my developers. They asking if it is possible to have scrollbars on the individual screen views instead of the just the panning. Their complaint is that when the screens are really long, it takes a while scrolling with your mouse scroll wheel versus grabbing a scrollbar and dragging it to the bottom or desired location much quicker.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. like sketch or another apps, they have plugins to export to swift ( UI ) or another platform in web or android, it's make it easier and better than build design again on swift or android studio.

Thanks

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am doing a design where the image is on the left, then right, then left etc.

If you use Repeat Grid to make this happen, if you try and drop text in it only updates the left side of the repeat grid. See image attached.

Is it possible to update this so it could work?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Is it possible to export all the assets in the art board embedded inside groups recursively.
    Example:

Group1
    - asset 1
    - Group 1.1
    -asset 1.1.1
    -asset 1.1.2

Expectation after export:
    asset1, asset1.1.1, asset1.1.2 (seperate files)

currently once way to do this is to ungroup and export it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I understand that we can export to PDF then print, but this adds more time to my workflow. If would be easier if I could just print artboards directly from XD.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Instead of having to create the same hotspot multiple times (back buttons, navigation menu etc) could we have a feature where you can save the hotspots you've already created and be able to reuse them across multiple screens (similar to invision's hotspot prototyping feature)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to be able to select multiple artboards but Xd forces you to choose each artboard by Shift + Clicking on each artboard name.

Instead, I would like to be able to Shift + Drag my cursor across multiple artboard names (the name in the top left corner of the artboard) to do a multi artboard selection.

I do not want my selection to target items inside the artboards. I want it to only select the artboards themselves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

398 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom title styles and symbols, display how many been used, locate elements where symbols /styles used

Custom-title styles and symbols displaying how many instances of a style or a symbol been used e.g. Component Title (23).

Ability to locate elements where the symbols are used or styles been applied to similarly to how InDesign and Illustrator do with Linked/Embedded images.

Ability to select/delete unused styles or symbols (organizational clean up) will help to design process.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!

I’ve changed this to focus on how many instances of a style or a symbol has been used. You can focus on what objects are using a particular style by right-clicking on the symbol or style and selecting “Highlight on Canvas.”

As for your last suggestion, you should upvote this story to support it: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/18939286

Finally, just in general, UserVoice works best when you file your ideas in separate tickets so that we can better aggregate your feedback with other people in the community.

13. Allow user to paste images (most likely icons) inline with text. This feature is in Indesign and comes in handy. Especially when you have design patterns such as the the attached.

If you wanted to take it further, support inline images/text boxes in the repeat grid allowing a repeat grid.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to collapse / expand all folders in the layers panel, similar to photoshop (Hold Alt + Click on folder to collapse or expand).

Most elements / symbols have a hand full of layers inside each. These add up after an artboard or so worth of design and having to manually collapse each individual group of layers individually can take up a bit of time.

Would just be a bit of a time save for those of use who spend a lot of time organising our layers.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We need the ability to annotate the connections between boards in prototype modes. So all the connection lines should have text that you can add, position, etc by double clicking the line. This is pretty standard in other flow tools.

I think XD is great but you've somewhat limited the use case of it. even "prototype" mode misses the true need which is to be able to layout exactly how an application fits together and annotate why it goes from one screen to another.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I noticed that there is only Russian Cyrillic supported, . Is there a way to add automated language recogniser in future updates? Or at least add options similar to the one in photoshop.
    The upper is Russian the bottom one is Bulgarian Cyrillic.
    Thank you.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add such functionalities to allow development of custom html5 panel extensions and jsx scripts.
    Thank you.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you make connections between Screens all of them go through the middle of the screen, they should use, top half to go forward and bottom half to go back. yo you can grab the right arrow to attach to the right place.

I hope this can be a good idea and it work for all.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would love to have a working ‘search bar’ where i can let people type in something so they can find it in my app.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Art boards start off being placed at the center of the canvas but as projects grow and things are placed outside of art boards it becomes difficult and time consuming to move the group to the upper most bounds. By default the art board should be placed in the upper-most right corner of the canvas to maximize space and minimize the pain that comes in moving when you realize you are out of canvas space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)