Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move the symbols and layers icon somewhere else

Could it be possible to rework the placement of the Symbols & Layers toggle buttons ? They are not where i expect them to be. I'm forced to learn shortcut to switch.

I don't have the solution but you could maybe moving them on top on the screen.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Select nothing" shortcut in text edit mode

Many designers are very used to the shortcut for selecting nothing (cmd+shift+a) especially when editing text instead of clicking away. Would be great if that worked in XD as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Curve text baseline along a path

Being able to do a full webdesign and logo design in one program is what a lot of people need.

I would have liked to be able to design a logo with text running on a curved path, but seems like I will have to use Fireworks or Illustrator to do that and then bring that into Xd.

What I loved about Fireworks was that you could do everything in one program. Basic image editing, gradient colors, gradient transparency fade and webdesign. No need to open Photoshop or Illustrator.

Keep up the good work guys! Loving Xd so far.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase visual contrast between active and inactive layers

Hi, I really get the urge to use a minimalistic design UI in your new software, but the design should not stand in the way of usability.

One problem I have is that is is really hard to distinguish between active layers and none active ones because the grey color is way to similar.

Also (example attachment) it is hard to quickly see which layers are grouped with which folder/symbol if the Layerbox has a lot of layers. (Maybe use an down facing arrow like in Photoshop)

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show all symbol versions (text/image overrides) in the symbols panel

Now that you can override certain parts of a symbol, it would be nice if all "versions" of a symbol would be listed in the symbols panel, allowing for a quick overview and easy reuse of altered symbols, as well as more insight over what you might lose if you apply changes to all instances of a symbol.

To further illustrate my idea I made a quick and dirty mockup which I will attach as image

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More slide transitions

Few more nice slide transitions wouldn't kill anyone, would it :)

354 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Windows] Let the eyedropper work on the whole screen

I would like to be able to pick colors from another window (e.g. I have specs opened in my web browser).

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As an update on this, this is a limitation of the UWP platform. I’m keeping this open in case Windows decides to update their security platform to allow selecting outside of the window.

8. Add some basic editing features for mobile app

Hope to see some basic editing features for mobile app. This could be really helpful for prototyping.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scissor tool/slice vector path

Making more complex vector drawings is difficult without a tool like the scissor tool from Illustrator.

Creating arches like the attached image in Illustrator is super easy with the combination of the scissor and circle tool, but in XD it is very difficult.

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Align to key object

One of the most convenient alignment features in illustrator is the 'align to key object', which Sketch doesn't support, making it difficult to align objects quickly. Please add that feature for XD.

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create animations by writing scripting code in XD (like Framer)

Many times we need the potential to design something completely new! coding is the best way that make anything possible. allows you to explore every creative concept—not just replicate patterns. Code isn’t just for engineers. code is one of the most powerful tools a designer can have.

Thank you to integrate a programming language code for XD (javascript, coffeescript or actionscript?) to design animations and transitions, like Framer (http://framerjs.com/), that enhance unique and innovative user experiences.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Duplicate Items in the Layers panel with Option/Alt+Drag

It would be amazing to option+drag an item in the Layer's Panel. I find myself wanting to duplicate something by dragging from one folder (or symbol) to another.

At the moment I can't even drag an item out of a Symbol into another folder or layer in the Layer's panel.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Character counter

For better user experience one of the most important rules is to keep the measure between 45 and 75 characters per line, this will ensure the text stays readable across the various situations in which it could be read.
    I think it would be very helpful if you could provide this feature in one of the next releases.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export to Muse CC

It would be so useful to layout your designs in XD and then to export them straight to muse in the .muse format to refine or to be able to open an XD widget in Muse to prototype your iPhone layout, for example.

281 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  71 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Paste relative to group X/Y

Sketch has a feature where it remembers the relative positioning or XY of objects within a group. So if you copy / paste from inside one group to another group you can paste items into the exact same position.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PDF Export: better control over page order

I would like to export my art boards into a single PDF in a predefined page order.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just to clarify how it works currently – artboards in the PDF are currently listed based on looking at your artboard layout on XD’s canvas in “reading order." The PDF page order will start with artboards in the topmost row left to right, then move on to the next row of artboards below that (starting with the leftmost artboard again), etc.

17. Edit Color of Imported PNG (color overlay)

Transparent PNGs do not allow color edits. Editing fills will extend to the rectangular bounds, not just the object

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. AutoCAD style selection

It would be easier have selection as like as Autocad.

From left top to right bottom, only includes / from left to right everything touched get selected.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Share to interactive video

I would like share my prototype in some kind of interactive file, that can works without internet and without any other program, something like a interactive video.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow people to become watchers of a prototype

Allow people to become watchers of a prototype so when the document is updated they could get updates to check it out.

Bonus points if it can highlight what's new.

This would be great because I'm working on something and my manager works remotely and feeding back as i'm working. I'f she and others were notified when it gets updated then it would save me a manual email every time I make a change.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base