Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scale all component states when scaling the instance

I have animated icons with auto animate and wish to use them in two sizes: Small size in the menu and big size in the features page.
    When I scale up or down the component it only scale that one specific state. We need it a way to scale all states so we can have a few less components. and a fast workflow.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Relocating master components

Sometimes you need to reorganize your design system files. Once you have created a master components, you cannot move it to another file, and you are stuck with the current file forever.
    It would be great if you can just move your Master Component from one document to another.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stacks should be able to grow up and to the left

The new stacking function is very good and complements the padding function.

However, on some occasions the direction of the stacks is not necessarily (from top to bottom) or (from left to right).

I believe that adding two more stack options: (from bottom to top) and (from right to left) can improve the creation of interfaces more easily.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component

Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component.

For example two taps. One triggering an overlay menu, and One moving down to anchor link on another part of the page (where the overlay is position to show)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. One of the things that you might want to consider is adding the interaction you’re looking for inside the component itself to change states through an entire component itself.

How would you want to determine between the two interactions (when to trigger an overlay vs. when to go to a different artboard) if you have both interactions defined?

5. Allow Component States in repeat grid

Let's say we want to add a Radio Group and use our Design System Radio Button Component for that. Currently it's not possible to set one of the components to the selected state.

As a workaround we can create the list with the repeat grid, then ungroup it and change the desired item. But that can't be how it's intended to work.

ps: I feel bad for lodging a Feature Request days after you released such a great feature. It sounds lI'm ike complaining instead of being thankful - thats not the case, the component states are awesome,d thank you…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allowing Text Binding between Component States

For example, when you have a button with several states containing a label and you want to change the default text label, you have to update every state of the component one after one.

It will be nice to be able to define a text as persistant inside the component states.
    Perhaps a simple checkbox in the Properties?!
    Or a way to link/bind only some states and not some others for more flexibility!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rearrange Component States in Property Inspector

I'd love to be able to rearrange the component state order in the property inspector (the panel on the right in Design mode & Prototype mode). I would also love to be able to resize the section for component states. Currently it maxes out at 4 before you need to scroll.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hover triggers to ALL elements to trigger artboard navigations; not just state changes

Now that the "Tap/Hover Effect" request ()https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12941394-tap-hover-effect?tracking_code=c41a5301558789f85205f7c47ec8b9ca) is officially closed, we need a feature to do what (I believe) the 8952 people who voted for it have been asking for since March of 2016:

A way to assign Hover events as triggers for the existing interactions platform.

Component states is a wonderful addition to XD, but it barely scratches the surface of what designers need for prototyping hover events.

We need to be able to add tooltips, menu pop-up overlays and many other effects that still can only be achieved by transitioning to another artboard. As it stands,…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Choose layer view mode (all layers vs. artboard-only layers)

It would be great for the user to be able to choose how they want to view their layers—like sketch or like current XD. Let the user decided which works best for them. I like seeing everything, not just the artboard I am on.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stack actions within a single interaction (multiple, cascading, ordered)

Let's say you're designing a switch, and you want to hint to the user that it can toggle with a tap, so you want it to bounce gently when hovered over. It would be great to be able to auto-animate to a different state, then immediately auto-animate back to the previous state upon completion of the first action.

The ability to stack actions would allow for complex interactions with the least amount of user interaction.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Component override lost when copying between files

Our preferred workflow is to have a Xd-beta file for new development. When changes here are implemented the design gets moved to another file.

However, when copying artbords that contains components with overrides, these overrides are lost when the artbord is pasted in a new file. (both Xd-files are connected to the same master component file)

Would love if this could be fixed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Escape button consistency

When I type in a text box on the artboard and I hit escape it keeps the text I just changed and takes me out of editing mode with the cursor.

When I type in a layer to change the name of it and I hit escape it removes the changes I just made and take me out of editing mode with the cursor. To effectively keep the changes I must hit return on the keyboard.

If I hit return on the keyboard while editing a text box on the artboard I get what I would expect -- a carriage…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Delete shared links directly from within XD

It should be possible to delete a shared link within the file or at least regenerate a link, not only through the link manager.
    For example, if I use a file created for project A for another purpose (project B), the existing link is no longer relevant for the project B but is still relevant for project A. So I need manage this link within the file

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Share entire folder for co-editing (for better file organisation)

When you share a file for co-editing with others, then it appears in their "Shared with you" section which is a simple list. It is difficult to navigate through this list if you have 40-50 files shared with you. There is also no option to sort the list by Name.

It would be great if a folder itself can be shared in such a way that all the XD files in it are available for co-editing. In this way the "Shared with you" section will have folders. This will help everyone in the team know where the file are locate…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Storybook integration

For maintain a design system and improve the collaboration with developers could be great to integrate the XD components with Storybook (https://storybook.js.org/).

This will allow keeping updated and in sync the system across both departments.

Example of similar flow: https://medium.com/@brandaiapp/connect-sketch-symbols-with-their-react-counterparts-d100be414acd

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Revert to previous file version

I have created a linked Design System file and now one of the designers has overwritten some of my elements. I can go back in the version history and open a version before the mistake was made but I can't revert to that version. Because many files link to the source Design System file, I can't just make a new one and send it out — the orginal linked file needs to be maintained.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Delete unused components

Please add a feature that will allow the user to remove unused components from the library. Currently, I have to click on each component and check if it is on the canvas. Bearing in mind that there are several hundred of them in my file, it becomes very troublesome and causes a mess in the library. A similar option is available in e.g. Adobe InDesign and is very helpful when working with a file.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Component states to inherit interactions from master default state

Component states should behave like component copy instances. This includes interactions to be copied to all child states. This is essential, for example, for a menu component in which each state is the active status of each menu item. But when I create new state it loses all interactions. Maintaining 5 states with 5 menu items becomes tedious.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Component State change while working inside component

(1) While editing a component, you can't change the state of the component unless you click on the parent layer first.

The State menu in the inspector panel disappears when you select anything other than the root layer. This makes it so you cannot change the state unless you have the root layer selected.

Instead, the State menu should be available while any layer inside the component is selected.

Let's say I'm making a button and changing the size of the shape layer. I want to match the Default state and Hover state, so with the shape layer selected I…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base