Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

Adobe XD: Feature Requests

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2838 results found

1. Le drag and drop c'est top de garder en tant que gadget mais ce n'est pas très pratique quand on veut changer ces icones de petites dimensions 16x16 px par exemple, souvent il faut passer par un zoom. Ce qui n'est pas vraiment pratique. J'aimbe bien la méthode de gestion des symbole de Sketch ou Figma. C'est très organisé, intuitif et simple à gérer.

The drag and drop is great to keep as a gadget but it's not very practical when you want to change small icons 16x16 px for example, often you have to zoom. Which is not really…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci pour vos commentaires! J'ai du mal à comprendre exactement ce que vous vivez. Pouvez-vous s'il vous plaît joindre une vidéo de ce que vous voyez afin que nous puissions mieux comprendre?

Ce message a été traduit automatiquement.

Thanks for your feedback! I'm having difficulty understanding exactly what you're experiencing. Can you please attach a video of what you're seeing so that we can better understand?

2. It would be awesome to be able to mark some elements inside a compontent to not change some properties on its states, for example, text. If I change the text on the main state, it would change the text inside the other states. With that, I would be able to improve my work on making hover buttons all over my prototype. The way it is now, I need to change the text inside all the states, what makes it impossible.

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I need to be able to show clients what my designs will look like in actual size on the web. When sending a shared URL in View mode, I should be able to set it to 100% so the customer can experience the full page design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When exporting have a toggle that allows you to export at either the layer size (IE - cropped to the size of the text) or artboard size (IE - 300x250 for a big box banner ad).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. You can already determine what you export through the selection. For instance, if you want to export at the layer or group size, simply select the layer or group. If you want to export at the artboard size, you can select the artboard and then export. Are you looking for something different?

5. This is the most used size for my company, please bring it back!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Color gradient function. The area of color selection is too small to accurately locate the desired position,
    For example, the gradient is from: #000 (0%position) - > #aaa (50%position) - > #666 (50%position) - > #000 (100%position), like picture 1;It is suggested to increase the selection of color areas. Picture 2 is like this;

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this idea. I'm going to keep this open, but as a tip, you can press tab to switch to the next gradient stop if they're really close together.

7. When designing interfaces, it would be very convenient when after typing in a custom list of items in a grid, there is a function to sort them alphabetically. Right-click on the grid/group of items and choose 'order alphabetically'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It is very demented to disable plugins when starting with the shift key pressed. I click 2x on XD before the file opens, switch back and start selecting files in a completely different program using shift select. The XD application reports me that it has turned off plugins. How many times a year do I need to turn off plugins that it's mapped to the shift key across the system?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Since updating to XD50 and being forced to replace slashes with dashes for naming components, I can no longer export my components successfully to Zeplin. Zeplin relies on the slash to recognize components as variants and output code. My over 600 components will no longer be recognized as variants in Zeplin and it messes with my entire naming convention that I created in XD. When fixing this issue, please automate changing back my dashes to their original slashes so I don't have to manually fix over 600 component names that now have a dash. Here is a video to further…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ballpark (https://ballparkhq.com/) is a user testing platform for prototypes and allows you to set goals and track how people use your prototype with stats, audio, video alongside survey questions and UX tests. It would be great if XD could support Ballpark.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I always use the same basic guides in my designs (for distance from the edge of the screen) and i have to maually add those to all screens.
    While they can be copy-pasted with the entire screen, i dont always wanna copy a screen i already designed - for multiple reasons.
    The ability to create fixed guides for a document that can be manually added to would be much apprechiated

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, I have to name flows twice, once on the artboard and once on the link settings. Why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new auto-activate fonts forced ‘feature’ —advertised with pathetic triumph on the welcome screen after — is an arrogant absurdity and should never be activated by default nor forced on users. Please implement the ability to turn off the abuse (like you do with InDesign).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shortcut to make selected text styled as a hyperlink. Or maybe a shortcut for adding links?

Also add an overriding character style for hyperlinks with a common name like "[H|h]yperlink".

Similar to this, but not.
    https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045942953-Add-links-to-text#Style_links

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I was happy to see folders for cloud documents be released. However, my co-worker(s) and I were disappointed to see that when organizing or creating a folder structure, it does not reflect to other XD users. Essentially, it only occurs under your own Creative Cloud account.

REQUEST: I would like to make a folder structure with my own and/or XD documents that were shared with me to be synced up for specified users to see on their ends as well. (Similarly to Dropbox or Google Drive folders where other users can access them)

303 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Testing any share link always defaults to a new user mode and pops up the "Quickly navigate or get a bird's eye view of all screens using Grid View message". I'm already signed in to Adobe in the browser, and I know how the options works so it's an extra step every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Something I used to use in Axure constantly was the ability to show and hide elements on a single screen. It would open up lots of possibilities, add tons of flexibility, and reduce the number of artboards needed if in XD we could trigger actions to either show or hide one or more components on an artboard. It would be even more amazing if when choosing the show component action, you could also set the component's state.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently padding allows parent components to change size when the child component changes size in the design mode. This works for all elements including components. Adding different sized states to the child component will cause the parent component to react correctly.

However, in presentation mode, the padding state seems to be locked. If a child component changes, the parent (whose size was determined by the child's + padding) won't adjust the padding to the child's new size.

If the padding feature was extended to the web mode it would greatly improve the workflow. If this could be added to the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello,
    it'll be nice to have more hover states in one component.
    Currently i'm working on horizontal mega-menu and it's impossible to prototype mega menu appear on hover. I think i will need to use Tap for now - because when i'm creating two hover states - one doesn't work after another - only when i leave the component and hover it again. So i believe it shuold effect inner hover area also.

Another interesting fueature will be of changing of z-index on hover - it'll make life much easier. For now - i have no idea how to solve…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Now there's the ability to include lottie files within your design and mark for export, it would be a huge benefit to allow the actual export of the json file rather than as an image format. This would aid developers, allowing design teams to supply all file types through the specs.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?