Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove Share in keyboard shortcut when tabbing between Design, Prototype, Share

Love the new update with states, versioning and co-editing!!! Awesome!!!

Though there's one thing in the new update that is quite annoying. When working I always tab between between Design and Prototype mode using Ctrl + tab. The new update expects me to Design then prototype and then share. I feel the share screen gets in the way when toggling between design and prototype.

For me my workflow is:
    Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype (and then Share after many iterations)

The new change "forces" me to go to the Share screen after each prototype…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Folders for cloud documents

Our team names xd files to link to jira tickets. It'd be very helpful for the cloud to have a folder structure for separating releases into batches.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improved Component State Performance

Component states are awesome, but right now the size increase for a complex component is not scalable. After doing some testing, components appear to increase their size proportionally to the number of states.

For example if I have a Default state, create a new state and move the components, say in a mask, to do an animation the size has now doubled. Then if I copy that to a new artboard, it doubles again, because both states get carried around. Therefore what originally would have been a master with an instance in 2 separate artboards with size 2X is now…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Loop animation inside states

Hey guys,

it would be great if you expand the States of component not only for Hover or Tap, but also a simple Loop Animation... Here is the tutorial of what I mean -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev3fSi7P66c
    And the video below is an actual prototype I'm working at of wayfinding in the museum, where animated arrow shows you the way...
    For now I can achieve this effect only between 2 different artboards... But it would be really cool if the component in some way had a "loop" auto-animate option between states... 🤓

And hey, this could be the beginning of making gifis…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Component states to inherit interactions from master default state

Component states should behave like component copy instances. This includes interactions to be copied to all child states. This is essential, for example, for a menu component in which each state is the active status of each menu item. But when I create new state it loses all interactions. Maintaining 5 states with 5 menu items becomes tedious.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Timed interactions between states

Add timer trigger to interaction easy simulation of non permanent states like: saving, erasing, exporting...

Thank's

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Link assets from local documents

The cloud support for shared Xd libraries/components/fonts/colours etc is exactly what I've been wanting - except I can't use it because I don't use the cloud to save my files (I have to use our internal server).

The same features but importing from files outside of the cloud is really needed!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple Interactions on a Single Element

Allow for multiple interactions on a single elements. Aka, be able to drag multiple wires from a single object.

Use case 1: When designing a carousel, a user should be able to swipe on an object left or right and navigate to the next or previous slide.

Use case 2: When designing an app with similar interactions to Bumble or Tinder, the test subject should be allowed multiple interactions on the same object. Swipe up, down, left, or right.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export to Photoshop / PSD format

this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

1,203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

295 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Storybook integration

For maintain a design system and improve the collaboration with developers could be great to integrate the XD components with Storybook (https://storybook.js.org/).

This will allow keeping updated and in sync the system across both departments.

Example of similar flow: https://medium.com/@brandaiapp/connect-sketch-symbols-with-their-react-counterparts-d100be414acd

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring Back Nudge WHILE Viewing Distance Indicator (Previously Alt+Arrow)

Please return the ability to nudge components with the arrow key *while viewing the pixel distance indicator simultaneously during movement.

After the October 2019 update, users can no longer press alt+arrow key to nudge AND view the pink pixel distance indicator at the same time. The distance indicator only appears when tapping alt but not arrow (only on a static component).

In the past, after I selected a component, then hovered my cursor over a different nearby component, I could hold alt to see the distance indicator between the 2. As I nudged the selected component with the arrow keys,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keypress for component state change

We like the new features for components, but it is still limited to taps and hovers. we would like to have keypresses for state changes inside components

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Download assets as JPGs from Design Specs

Please create the option to download assets as JPGs from design specs. As of right now, there are only options to download as PNG or PDF. JPG seems pretty odd to exclude. Additionally, it would be great if you could have the ability to control your batch export preferences.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Coediting Error 2143

Trying out the new coediting feature in November 2019 update. It's good and convenient. However, i currently encounter document crashing as it is unable to reconnect.

Having previous version is helpful as it backs up my working file and enabling me to download it. But I would still like it to be saved into the same document instead of forcing me to close. The current cloud doc is considered as a corrupted file. It is troublesome as I need to recreate a new cloud file for other partners once again. Viewer/reviewers also cannot use back the same link to view…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete unused components

Please add a feature that will allow the user to remove unused components from the library. Currently, I have to click on each component and check if it is on the canvas. Bearing in mind that there are several hundred of them in my file, it becomes very troublesome and causes a mess in the library. A similar option is available in e.g. Adobe InDesign and is very helpful when working with a file.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep Componet's Layers open, while switching between States

Hey,

when one has lots of States in component, then it's really frustrating, that the Component Group in Layer Panel just keeps closing, when I change the State. Would be really a great help if it is open all the time, unless I close it on my own...

Plus it would be also a great Help, if I select some element inside of a component group (like in the video at the end -> close icon) and in properties panel I would have the following info -> name of Master Component and in what State I am working now. Coz…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Place images like InDesign

It would be great if XD can place images or psd files into design like indesign. And also linked files must be updated in XD after editing images or psd files.

For example; while creating a landing page, the hero image is a complicated design; designed in photoshop. Right now if i wanted to edit hero image i have to open psd file, edit it, export it and place it to XD. But it can be like indesign; cmd+double click placed psd file on XD then PS opens, i edit and save then on XD updated new image on screen.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Smooth cursor animation in prototype recording

When recording a prototype interaction, the circle cursor shows off all of the jerky movements of my mouse. An option to automatically smooth my cursor movements would make for a cleaner and higher fidelity animation.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Batch overrides for Components within Repeat grids

This is something that is possible with Non-Component items inside Repeat Grids, but not with Components currently.

This is a greatly needed feature, especially when you're trying to create a Design System (which Adobe have been so vocal about recently). For example, in most Design Systems you will have Components such as Cards (with Image, Avatar, Title, Bio etc..), and having to edit these manually when inside of a Repeat Grid just makes the relationship with Design Systems and Repeat Grid null and void currently.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support for SF Symbols

As Apple will encourage to use SF Symbols from iOS 13 and later, it could be great to add the support inside Adobe XD so iOS designers can also use this software once Apple make their UI Kit available for XD.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base