Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To be able to edit layers on top of a locked one

If I have overlapping layers and I want to edit one of them, I usually lock the ones I do not want edited/ to move. Using Illustrator, I can draw a rectangle and set it as my artboard background and work freely without it going anywhere. I can't seem to do this in Adobe XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. XD version for local cloud government organizations

I'm working in a government organization that is disconnected from the internet, so we can't work with ADOBE XD,
    I would like to request that you consider the possibility of publishing a version for government organizations that work on an internal network so we can work with XD without losing the capabilities of the tool
    or let me know if there is any solution for this kind of environment

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save as older version

an option to save XD files in older version, so people working on updated versions can share documents with people who can't upgrade

406 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Force a path into a shape so you can edit it like a shape.

It would be be nice if there was a right-click option like "force path to shape." Paths do not have the edit options that shapes do.

For example, when I take a rectangle and change the edges or add new corners, XD automatically changes this to a "path." I've done this both intentionally and accidentally.

If I want to change this shape back to a rectangle so that I can edit the border radius, I have to redraw and restyle that shape from scratch. It would be really cool if Xd could identify the closest shape and force into that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stacks should be able to grow up and to the left

The new stacking function is very good and complements the padding function.

However, on some occasions the direction of the stacks is not necessarily (from top to bottom) or (from left to right).

I believe that adding two more stack options: (from bottom to top) and (from right to left) can improve the creation of interfaces more easily.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Color Agnostic Character Styles

I want the option when setting up character styles that there doesn't need to be a color associated with the character style.

For example, I set up my H1, H2, H3 with their respective font families, font weight, & font size. But my design has different background colors. Sometimes my H1 is lack on a white background, which is how I set it up in the Character Styles. While other times my H1 is white on a black background,. But if I change the H1 to white it no longer correlates to the H1 I setup in my character styles…

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Component override lost when copying between files

Our preferred workflow is to have a Xd-beta file for new development. When changes here are implemented the design gets moved to another file.

However, when copying artbords that contains components with overrides, these overrides are lost when the artbord is pasted in a new file. (both Xd-files are connected to the same master component file)

Would love if this could be fixed.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All -

Can you please detail out what’s your current workflow today in XD that lands you into that situation?

In other words, are the documents that you’re pasting into linked to the source document? are they “Saved As” versions of the source documents.

This extra info will help us identify what the issue is.

Thanks,
    Sherif

9. Allow Downloading Assets inside Component States.

Why assets inside components aren't available to download?

We need all assets inside any state of a component to be available to be downloaded.

Right now: Assets inside component states are not available to download, only assets inside the default state are available.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop to save endless artboard preview thumbnail on Windows local cache file

Every day i use XD for prototyping, but unfortunatly every day XD take more space on my hard drive and windows don't have enought system memory to work properly...

I located a local directory who growth every day on : C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalCache\Adobe\ACPLocal\2682204294\00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000\

This directory contain one folder by local/cloud opened project, and each folder contain thousands of exactly the same png thumbnail of each project preview...

for example, each minute XD save almost about thirty thumbnail files and each image can weigh up to 90 kb.

every day adobe XD takes extra of 2/3gb or more of my storage, and app…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make shortcut hotkeys for text align (left, center, right)

There should be keyboard hotkey shortcuts to quickly edit the text alignment.

SHIFT+ OPTION + L (Used to pull up my CC Library.. not as important.)
    SHIFT+ OPTION + R (Used to reload my plugins... not as important )
    SHIFT+ OPTION + C (NOT IN USE... maybe use this shortcut and have the 3 options cycle each time you hit it, left, center, right.)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Build various animations within same artboard

It would be great if we didnt' have to duplicate screen just to demonstrate an interaction within the same page (or artbaord). As an example.. I'd like to build a 'collapse" animation for a certain content section, but in the same artboard, I have another CTA that takes you to a different screen. In prototype mode, instead of building three pages for these two animations (one is an interaction within the same page and one is a transition to a different page), it'd be great if I only had to have 2 artboards vs 3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Component variants (parent-child, inheritance)

While Adobe XD Team has certainly done an amazing work toward design systems creation in the tool, it still lack a bit of power.

Actually, it's quite tedious to create, maintain and use a design system in XD. Especially when working with multiple variants of a component.

Let's say I need too work on an app design and I want create my buttons in my design system : primary, secondary, alert, w/icon, large, small...

With the current XD, I only have 2 solutions and both have are really time consuming to maintain :

1. I need to create a separate component…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow all states to be downloadable

Hi

If I have a dropdown that is collapsed when sharing my assets are not visible for download in the developers link. Not even if I expand the dropdown.

If I instead have my dropdown as expanded when sharing generating the link, the assets are visible in the developers link – until I collapse the dropdown. Then they are unavailable.

The assets should be available when the dropdown is open, whether it is done manually in the developers link or if the dropdown is expanded prior to generating the link.

Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to turn off Coediting

Add the ability to turn off coediting. It's creating all kinds of issues, and can't be turned off. It's absolutely appalling that this feature would be introduced without the ability to turn it off after enabling it.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Command line control for exporting renditions

Provide command line tool at least for exporting renditions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Better AI file compatibility

I would like you to improve ai file compatibility.
    Some objects are not come out properly.
    Such as vector brush/symbol set(sprayer)

Converting them to a regular vector or a bitmap is ok since many features are not available in XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rearrange Component States in Property Inspector

I'd love to be able to rearrange the component state order in the property inspector (the panel on the right in Design mode & Prototype mode). I would also love to be able to resize the section for component states. Currently it maxes out at 4 before you need to scroll.

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Warn user if component that they are trying to paste is outdated

Currently when working with multiple documents, if you have overwrites on a component. And you modify that component, and then paste the component or artboard into a file that has an outdated version of that component.

It will paste the components but reset the overwrites and set the component back to it's default state. It doesn't inform the user about why it just resetted all their content. Which can be extremely annoying to the user, as this seems very weird. (Which is why there are also several support tickets of people running into this issue).

After talking with support, I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow fractional pixels / turn off pixel snapping

The current feature of switching on/off snapping by holding "Cmd" in Mac or "Ctrl" in Windows doesn't work properly. Additionally, we couldn't align shapes or objects with one another as there isn't feature to turn on/off the snap to pixel grid for the entire document.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that the Cmd/Ctrl keyboard shortcut you’ve mentioned below is actually used for turning off snapping to other objects and to the layout or square grid. I’ll merge this with another request.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base