Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

55 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link assets from local documents

The cloud support for shared Xd libraries/components/fonts/colours etc is exactly what I've been wanting - except I can't use it because I don't use the cloud to save my files (I have to use our internal server).

The same features but importing from files outside of the cloud is really needed!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Overlay States

I would like the ability to move an overlay through it's own transitions without impacting the underlying area.

For example, let's say you have a button that says Help.
    Click Help
    Overlay slides in with message box, asks a question.
    User clicks Yes. Msgbox transitions to a new box, but underlying background (not part of the transition) remains.

I have a problem like this where I have a drawer a user can expand over the contents to activate slides and switches. Problem is, once you start trying to use that toolbox, the background is lost.

Overlays seem to only be…

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Overlay positioning below "fold"

I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold". For tooltip, dropdown menus, and other interactive elements, overlays are awesome. However, in doing responsive design work for enterprise applications, there are many instances where a dropdown or tooltip will appear below the fold.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. renaming components does not propagate to components on artboards

I would like to rename components in the asset panel and have those names propogate to the layers on artboards.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Batch overrides for Components within Repeat grids

This is something that is possible with Non-Component items inside Repeat Grids, but not with Components currently.

This is a greatly needed feature, especially when you're trying to create a Design System (which Adobe have been so vocal about recently). For example, in most Design Systems you will have Components such as Cards (with Image, Avatar, Title, Bio etc..), and having to edit these manually when inside of a Repeat Grid just makes the relationship with Design Systems and Repeat Grid null and void currently.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reset different aspects of a component

Currently "Reset to master component" resets all aspects of a component including text overwrites and color overwrites.

I'd like to have the option to keep specific overrides of a component on reset. e.g.:
    - Keep text overwrites
    - Keep color overwrites
    - Keep image overwrite

This would help to keep content and design separated and be very helpful. Especially If local adjustments where made and master was changed afterwards

Currently "Reset to master component" is the same as "Delete component" + "Paste master in original position". As a result I need to re-enter everything again.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manage access rights for cloud documents (view-only, read-only)

I manage sticker sheets for my UX team. It is too easy for anyone including myself to accidentally make undesired adjustments to the sticker sheet which will be pushed to everyone that I have shared it with.

There needs to be a toggle to switch between edit mode and view mode so these mistakes are avoided.

I would also like to be able to set varying security rights so that some people will be able to edit and others will only be able to view.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to clean up assets

It would be great to clean up assets in the Assets panel. To be able to identify duplicate and unused assets, fix them in the file and remove the extras.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Comments should allow mentioning users from your team and guests

At the moment, the mentioning functionality becomes populated with users only after they have posted a comment (refer to screenshots), even when the link is viewed by users within the same team (account type - wise).

However, if we delete an user's comments, mentioning doesn't reflect that (still shows that user in the list), so we are currently doing that to simulate the feature.

It would be very helpful if there was this flexibility in working collaboratively with XD, as my team is trying to evangelise using this product to management over other competitors.

Moreover, mentioning is only available for…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Delete unused components

Please add a feature that will allow the user to remove unused components from the library. Currently, I have to click on each component and check if it is on the canvas. Bearing in mind that there are several hundred of them in my file, it becomes very troublesome and causes a mess in the library. A similar option is available in e.g. Adobe InDesign and is very helpful when working with a file.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search document in cloud

Hello, I need search button to search document in cloud. Please add search option. currently its very difficult to find specific document on cloud storage.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export entire prototype as a User/Wire Flow type diagram

It's very easy to create linked "prototypes" within XD - thank you...

However, the way a prototype is viewed makes seeing the "flows" that exist within it very hard.

What I would like to see is a way to export all the artboards with the prototype "linking" arrows visible and nicely rendered as a large diagram...

This diagram would be similar to the concept of "Wireflows" (https://www.nngroup.com/articles/wireflows/) and enable an easy way to produce another type of design deliverable.

I appreciate that the design specs feature sort of allows this, in that you can see see all artboards,…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Place images like InDesign

It would be great if XD can place images or psd files into design like indesign. And also linked files must be updated in XD after editing images or psd files.

For example; while creating a landing page, the hero image is a complicated design; designed in photoshop. Right now if i wanted to edit hero image i have to open psd file, edit it, export it and place it to XD. But it can be like indesign; cmd+double click placed psd file on XD then PS opens, i edit and save then on XD updated new image on screen.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show component name in the design specs

It's great to have the component at last. But now I need to communicate the component name with the developers. for example: the values of a certain text are not interesting - they only need to know its class (is it H1, H2...?)

Swatches already have the name (only on hover, why?) in the specs, so it's obvious you did recognise the need for that.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support color transitions in auto-animate

The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change a linked color on a specific consuming document

It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is how it…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Confluence (Server) Integration

We need a possibility to embed prototypes and design specs into Confluence (Server version, not Cloud) since we use confluence to manage large ui and software projects. Confluence therefor is the central place to organise user stories, screen designs, prototpyes etc.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Categorize comments

I'd like to be able to tag/categorize comments

Use case: To distinguish between notes related to design, development, copywriting etc.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Nested Overlays

Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base