Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share button on artboard in design mode is too easy to hit

The Share button that appears at the top of the selected artboard is super annoying. I have clicked on it 100 times accidentally when I want to rename or move an artboard :( And it directly generates a new link! Horror. If you wan to keep this function - please move it somewhere else. Prototyping mode or actually the Share mode fit this button better.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Component documentation and description

This is mainly for designers that also know how to code, who works with or is trying to build a design system based on modern frontend frameworks such as material design, vue+quasar, etc. Or for designers who follows design systems that already have documentations that they can refer to.

The idea is to give the designers ability to add description to a component, and to be able to add links so that the devs can know exactly which component from the documentation the design is based from, or at least which component will help achieve the best results.

Attached here…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow negative values for Stack elements distance

We should be able to set negative distance for Stack groups. Would allow to have elements partially hidden under another.

It's possible to do this with Repeat Grid - set negative distance between grid elements. Not sure why you didn't allow us to do the same with Stack.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove "unnamed" from font-family, font-size, character-spacing and text-transform design tokens until we are able to name them

The design variables list is filled with "unnamed" variables that we can't name. It creates an extra step for developers to clean up the list given to them after download.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove forced cloud storage and remove cloud storage as default

My team cannot use Adobe's cloud for collaboration. We must be able to create a document without automatically saving the document to Adobe's cloud. Further, for a desktop app, local storage should be the default and CMD+S should work as expected.

Updating XD and finding that our documents no longer existed on our desktop was unexpected and we've lost time figuring out where our documents went and figuring out how to restore our workflow, and we will continue to lose time deleting files from Adobe's cloud and dealing with duplicate files every time someone forgets to explicitly save a file…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: When an image is placed in a rectangle with drop shadow, it can't be repositioned or resized

BUG: When an image is placed in a rectangle with drop shadow, it can't be repositioned or resized—when double-clicking it just jump directly into editing the shape, and no image is shown in the layers panel.
    (XD 42.1.22.4 x64 Mac OS)

Please fix this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the additional details. I was able to reproduce the issue and I have opened a bug to track this.

Meanwhile a possible workaround here will be to convert the shape to a path, and after that the resize/reposition should work.

Thanks,
    Corina

8. 76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to keep share links after filename is changed/ save as in XD

Apparently some people want to automatically delete the already created links each time they save their file as a new one.

But this is not the case for everyone!

I need to keep my link history even if I saves as a new file.
    (I don't get how people can not just create new links)

This was a very important good point of XD for my team, clients and I, and now I have to explain to everyone that I will have to share a new link, or simply keep the same file even if I have big change on…

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Link multiple prototype flows on the same share link

I would like Adobe XD to provide a way to share multiple flows on the same link.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto grid and horizontal grid

It will be great to create a grid that works verticaly and horizontaly, like a grid based on the golden number. It is really ennoying that we can have only vertical grid. And also it would be great to use a feature like "auto grid" plugin to create grid using the perfect pixel. Now it is really painfull to make great design base on a great grid. Thank you and sorry for my english ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Drop shadow spread

My request is two fold but both relate to shadows.

In brief

Include shadow properties that related fully to CSS
    Include the ability to save named shadow profiles for reuse

Details

Include a crucial forth property to drop shadows that is actually part of the CSS spec and will enable designers to more accurately communicate their specifications to developer – include SHADOW SPREAD.

Example declaration in CSS;

box-shadow: [x-offset] [y-offset] [blur] [spread]

Additionally, please include the ability to save drop shadow profiles so they can be updated easily and will be applied to all relevant designs. It is time consuming…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you only have a single request per ticket, so I’m going to repurpose this specific ticket for the drop shadow spread. Please do feel free to file your second idea as a new ticket. Thanks!

13. Difference when resizing artboard from left or right

Oh my, XD is so bad!
    Why when resizing an artboard from the left the content is pushed away on the right but when resizing from the right the content is hidden under the artboard (the way it should be!). This happens regardless of Responsive Resizing.
    This is NOT an idea!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Columns within area text

The ability to set column amount and gutter size within a single text box.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stacks should be able to grow up and to the left

The new stacking function is very good and complements the padding function.

However, on some occasions the direction of the stacks is not necessarily (from top to bottom) or (from left to right).

I believe that adding two more stack options: (from bottom to top) and (from right to left) can improve the creation of interfaces more easily.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Interact with objects on different artboards

In prototyping I need to be able to have an interaction transition not just between artboards but to a specific object on a different artboard. For instance prototyping a light box pop up, it needs to be able to be closed and take me back to the button I clicked to open it. This is a really common style of interaction. There are workarounds but they reduce the "realness" of the prototype when presenting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Layout Grid Linked Left & Right Margin

I believe, this is major bug in Adobe XD, Photoshop Guid Layout is perfect. In this way out layout is not going to be in center. If we use Align Center then there is no use.

If I enter any value to "linked left and right align" feature, it automatically convert to "Different margin for each section" feature.

I guess the issue is column width. It need to be calculate automatically. 

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Comments Pin not sticking

After I place a pin for feedback, when I view it, the pin moves with the scroll, it doesn't stick to the area to which it is supposed to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow working off-the-cloud

In my current context, working with Adobe XD is currently not a feasible option as using a cloud-only solution is against our security terms unless that cloud would be hosted on-premise.
    I would like Adobe XD to allow completely working off-cloud - so defaulting save to local save, as well as allowing exports to local file formats (PDFs, html...). If that is not an option, I would at least like to see an on-premise alternative, so that using Adobe XD is at least a viability to us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Natural language translation on all UI

Automatic translation to create prototypes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base