Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I find that this is the MOST annoying feature. I accidently click the SHARE button so many times which causes XD to break previous links. Please can we have a feature added to have it disabled in Design mode. I have looked for this in the preferences, but I cannot disable it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I click file- open recent, I can see a lot of list names without they are cloud or local, that's not convinent

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. When using a Lottie animation or Video, (without looping), the animation/video plays once and then stops on first frame... (for many animation this frame is 'empty' or 'blank').

This causes animation to play once and then disappear ... or appear like it glitches to different frame.

Could we please finish/ end playback on the last frame of animation or video, to achieve a freeze frame effect.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be great if XD remembered the export format used in a file.

How it works currently is, if I export all my artboards, I select JPG.

If I then need to go back and re-export artboards after making changes, I have to select JPG every time.

If the project remembered what export file type you used, that would save a lot of time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  5. AEM Asset Link plugin for XD enables you to pull assets directly into your XD canvas and currently you can just drag and drop most file-types that show up in the Asset Link plugin. However, Illustrator files cannot be dragged from the plugin. You must download them first, then bring them into your canvas. This is a barrier for us. Having the drag and drop function extended to AI files would be hugely beneficial.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  6. When your element has only a stroke color, apply the I color picker to it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Do you intend to release a massive XD update or are you going to stick with the current model? Because honestly, I have the impression that the app has stopped in time, while Figma is light years ahead.

There is literally no way not to compare the tools and be amazed at the delay of XD, while Figma has several useful functions and new ones that appear over time, an excellent Whiteboard, a huge and active community, XD still has bugs in the interface and the updates that arrive are not impressive at all, it does not have a community…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Components could have a setting 'remember last state between artboards'. This would allow prototypes with menu's that remain consistent between artboards, toggle buttons, etc, without having to make copies of all artboards for those features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. From the business risk point of view, we wonder if there is a function of the valid Expiration setting for file share.
    Currently we need to delete a share setting manually.
    Means, if we forget deleting, the file will be kept sharing permanently, and unexpectedly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This is the most used size for my company, please bring it back!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently, vector objects in Illustrator can be copy/pasted onto Adobe Animate artboards. However, due to how ridiculously slow Illustrator is as soon as you add an image, it's less than ideal for mocking up/storyboarding HTML5 banners/animations.

XD on the other hand is lightning fast when images and vector graphics are used.
    If vector artwork such as text and buttons could be copy/pasted between XD and Animate, it would make it the perfect storyboarding program, which Adobe currently doesn't have.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why didn't you start with the code for InDesign and strip out the print specific features and go from there? Forget that you've spent money, time and development trying to mimic workflows from Sketch or especially Figma.

Designers do not need everything to be automated.

Creating and editing text should be exactly like it is in your flagship programs. Click and go or drag a text box and go. No silly auto width, auto height or fixed. Just an open box where type flows as one changes the size or scales as one does with a modify key.

In the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be really good to have prototype links copied with the repeat grid function. Currently, you can copy and paste objects and the prototype links will copy with but if you're filling a page with a lot of smaller objects (i.e. items on a shopping page) it's a lot easier to use the Repeat Grid function. This way a lot of little buttons can all lead to the same place, which can be especially helpful for lo-fi prototypes where all the links go to one Lorem Ipsum template page.

You could either have the option to turn "Repeat Prototype"…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Currently z value is retained when yoiu disable 3D Transform. The z value should be reset to 0 when 3D Transform is not applied (but the original value should be reinstated when 3D Transform is reactivated).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When importing svgs, and the svg uses the <title> tag in the svg, use it to name the path upon importing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a user, In adobeXD Hyperlink will also work on exporting artboard into pdf formate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently when animating from one frame to the next, all elements are subject to the delay, duration, and easing. I would love to be able to apply different timing to separate elements instead of effect all. For example, I may have a element moving across the frame with no delay, but want the another element or text to delay before animating. And perhaps animate at a slower/faster rate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add an option, like pinned comments but that have an overlay to show the area to which the comment applies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Access to the design kits from within the app (File > Get UI Kits) takes you to a 404 page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When setting a drop shadow, it would be nice to be able to click "Make this the default drop shadow" so that any new drop shadows that are added automatically have that drop shadow. You could also have "Use default" of anything that already had a drop shadow applied.

Much like the layout grid with the 'make default' and 'use default' options

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)