Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. Smart symbols or symbols with states are discussed elsewhere. But, a super-easy way to implement this would be to simply make "show/hide" layer a symbol property that can be overridden. For example, a button's off state and its hover state could be stacked and either could be hidden in any placed instance.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. OKLCH colors are the next best thing as you can read about here: https://evilmartians.com/chronicles/oklch-in-css-why-quit-rgb-hsl
    Would be great if Adobe XD added it to the color picker, so I don't have to convert colors to OKLCH myself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Thanks for adding underline text to the latest release of XD. I really appreciate the fact that you're still adding features like this. I've had a bit of a play with the underline text tool and have a few refinements that would make it more powerful.

1) Allow for custom line weight. Currently the line is just the same weight, no matter the font weight

2) Allow for custom offset to baseline

3) Allow for variable colour.

See my mockup attached for further clarification.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. With some practice one can create navigation icons in XD, but it takes practice and a good amount of time if you want anything slightly better than a wire-frame level. I would love to see the ability to change the color of imported vector shapes. In other words, if import some vector mobile icons (simple shapes), I'd love the ability to change their color all at once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In the design mode of the desktop app you can easily copy the SVG element code.
    It would be very useful if this function could be done through the prototype link in the specs panel

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be really useful to set a base colour, and then create tints of this colour (like you can in InDesign) which are linked to the global base colour asset.

Currently, I get these tints by setting opacities of a base colour - but I want to be able to use the colours without any transparency & keep them linked.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. like sketch or another apps, they have plugins to export to swift ( UI ) or another platform in web or android, it's make it easier and better than build design again on swift or android studio.

Thanks

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be nice to have an area that you could have exportable code like html and css. Also allowing you to add in any related custom code for a particular element that you click on in the dev spec.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. See Example https://css3gen.com/css-background-generator/
    As a user, I can draw box
    As a user, I can set a background image on that box.
    As a user, I can Set all the background properties on that box.

background-attachment Sets whether a
    background-image is fixed or scrolls with the rest of the page
    background-clip property specifies whether an element's background, either the color or image, extends underneath its border.<
    background-color Sets the background color of an element This is already a feature.
    background-image Sets the background image for an element
    background-position Sets the starting position of a background image
    background-repeat

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Small detail, but as we define design system elements, the names of those elements are more important than the technical value.

In this case, for colors, the name of the color asset is more important than the hex value. Please swap the display of those values to reflect the importance...or provide the ability to turn that hex value off since, in some cases, developers should only be referencing the name anyway.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There is no easy way to exit an input field in the properties panel after inputting a value.
    For example:
    1. I have the 'artboard' tool selected and drag out a random sized artboard.
    2. Adjust the size by entering values in the W/H fields in the properties panel.
    3. Then I'd have to use the mouse to change tools to the 'select arrow' or other tool for the value to commit and exit the field

Because I'm used to photoshop and hot keys to switch between tools, I'll often press enter to commit (like in photoshop) and then "V"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great to be able to make the design live with html 5 animations (for the prototyping mode), that would be usable as assets for the developers. As we can record a live preview of our design, it would be a great feature.

Thank you !

315 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When you select the rectangle, ellipse or line tool, the 1px outline goes blue to show it is selected and active. It would be nice to also slightly darken/lighten the background color of the selected tool too just to show contrast as the 1px blue is too subtle, I have to click twice to be sure my selected tool is actually active.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Color swatch is Great!!... But we have not yet been able to delete the saved colors nor to edit them, leaving several unused colors in the palette.

I know a lot of ideas are being sent but I believe that color management deserves attention since when we need to change a color we have to manually change all the elements. My idea is basically to be able to edit a color in the palette and see all the elements flipping to this new color in real time. The gain in productivity would be incredible!
    In short, my request…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We would like to have the option of color transparency in cells of tables

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To speed workflow it would be good to have button tool in the sidebar. In the property inspector you'd have the ability to specify the top,bottom, left and right padding. the width of button would dynamically resize as you type the button's label.

1,267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let's say I create a simple button component. Then I want to have an outlined button. Then I want to have both buttons have a state containing an icon. Then I want all these to have a hover, active, and disabled states. On top of all this, I want a version of all of this for light mode and a version for dark mode.

See where I am getting at? I am creating a design system that my team can reuse for their designs. Many of the components I am trying to create are fairly complex and creating a separate…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to reorder the colors in the color palette. Currently they're created in the order I make them. I'd like to be able to drag the blues together, greens together, etc.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I save a gradient fill under 'Colors' section in Asset panel, the angle & position is not getting saved. Every time when I use that gradient from asset panel it is coming from top to bottom direction irrespective of what I had set before. Please retain the gradient angle & position also as part of the asset.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Colors stored in the left properties bar (document assets, components) can unfortunately not be applied to all elements. In this example, the color is not taken from a line. Sorry guys, this is really basic!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)