Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. I have read that this is not been considered as a bug.

But I think it could be helpful that if we only have selected the border attribute, this could be taken as the color to fill when clicking a global color.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

I’ve edited this slightly to reflect your feedback. As you probably know, this is currently working as designed. To apply the color to the border, you can right click the color swatch in the assets panel and select “Apply as Border.”

2. Color gradient function. The area of color selection is too small to accurately locate the desired position,
    For example, the gradient is from: #000 (0%position) - > #aaa (50%position) - > #666 (50%position) - > #000 (100%position), like picture 1;It is suggested to increase the selection of color areas. Picture 2 is like this;

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this idea. I'm going to keep this open, but as a tip, you can press tab to switch to the next gradient stop if they're really close together.

3. When object with applied asset color or font style is selected, highlight those assets in the left bar so I know which one is applied.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Adobe team please add a features in Experience Design (Adobe XD) Colour Plate Because a same project we make many of file Like

Home Page

There are many files not in one place so request is copy color plates features add in Adobe XD this is really help full

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be nice to be able to get the colour code of a shape that is locked, without having to unlock it first. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable the ability to pan the project while using the color picker

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would love to see a feature to helps create a coded design system for asset management and seamless developer handoff. Thanks!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I decided to change the whole prototype design from one color palette to another. I cannot change the same color of all the shapes together. I need to select same color shapes on each page one by one. This is so slow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would not only help the AdobeXD team if you Open Source your AdobeXD pluggin for VS Code, but also all the users of the extension.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Today we are able to save a color than change it on all artboards.

I think it would be interesting to have a function similar to illustrator but only for one artboard or more (if selection is possible). If it is possible to select the change on background and/or border, that would be awesome too.

An example, I design a web site or an app and I want to create a dark template only for one artboard for demonstration. So I duplication my first artboard and change the color. With this functionality, we could gain time and be able…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I fully transitioned to XD from Sketch, but I need to copy some of my work back into Sketch to share with other people.

When I try to paste, I get an image and the export SVG has missing fonts, images and colors.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. when you highlight a color on the canvas from the assets panel it does not highlight color when it is used as a border. I would expect to see the color highlighted regardless of it being a fill or border, is this a bug?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I am about to use it for design prototype for work. As I tested it, I found out the colour between design view and share online result have different colours.
    Please check the attached files. I tested with my own file and the examples from adobe.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If you mark an icon for Batch Export (which creates an Asset panel in the design specs) it will remove the color being used for that icon from the Color Swatch panel.

My workaround is to duplicate my icon in my artboard so that I have a copy that isn't marked for batch export and then the color information for the icon will appear in the Colors panel in the design specs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Although component instances are differentiated by a different diamond icon, I still find myself accidentally modifying instances when I mean to modify the main component.

It would be useful to more clearly differentiate component instances by using a different border color so it's more obvious that I'm looking at an instance rather than the main component.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Between version 13 and version 14 while editing text with bolded and colored text, the bolding and color of the text shifted (see attached image). Bold/color has changed randomly in the middle of words in multiple text boxes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If you use blue to indicate interactive elements of your prototype, the blue flashing of Hotspot Hints are not visible. The ability to change this colour would be welcome. Thanks.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This is not the same as exporting an entire artboard as HTML/CSS. Often when transforming design into HTML/CSS it can be handy to extract style information, piece by piece, from a design. Thus from a selection, rather than en entire artboard (though that would be cool as well). Beling able te extract style information as CSS from a selection (e.g. a selected text frame) and copy paste it into whatever code editor of choice would make XD such a powerful tool.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to fill entire imported asset with color on single click selection. Currently double clicking allows parts to be filled, but for a complex icon with multiple parts one has to select and color them individually. See attached example.

Example. When one has imported a series of icons from Illustrator, selecting the the icon should present a color fill option to fill that entire icon with color.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 30 31