Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. If I'm using the find/search feature to find an artboard, or to find some text on an artboard, it would be great if the search results allowed me to go straight to that found item and also to locate the artboard on the pasteboard. It's a partcilar issue when I have files with a large number of artboards.

Currently, I get the search results, and whilst I can click and edit the properties of found items in the results, locating the item or even the artboard on which it is contained can be tricky. Some sort of 'Go to' context…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Feature request.

Using this feature user can create the artboard based animation very easily. XD has to create a new scene based frame to select the artboard to animate.

1. Create a scene based frame.
    2. Drag and drop the artboard to animate in frame
    3. Draw the object in the artboard
    4. Same objects would display in other artboards drag and drop in the frame
    5. Move the objects in the frame. (same would refresh in artboards)
    6. Automatically animate the objects (Shape, position, color etc...)
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I can't see the whole name for my assets (colors, character styles, components) that have long names. This is made particularly difficult when opening files from Sketch, which by nature have symbols with long names.

Currently, as you drag out the assets panel, it automatically splits the list into more and more columns, never letting a column get wide enough to show the entire asset name.

A few possible solutions include either wrapping the text for long names, not breaking to multiple columns until the longest name fits, or best yet, sticking with what you have for the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have a text object, I want to change it's color when I hover over it but when I click on it to go to another artboard. I have added two interactions, one hover and one tap, linked them both, one as a hover to its own state (that worked) and the other (the tap) to point to the other artboard, this failed.

How do I solve this?

• I have older projects where this was possible and all worked fine, but on the newer files this no longer works as intended. I tried restarting XD, no no avail.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm a web designer. This app is great for me to layout previews to their website without having to code it then make change which is a nightmare. Well done guys, you are changing the game!

I'm wondering if it's possible if you could add animated features over images, which help liven up the design. Features like:

• Parallax Scrolling
    • Zoom over hover
    • Saturation Effect over hover
    • Banner Changes (image rotation over a set timing)
    • Video Background Play
    • GIF support

I hope this helps!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All of these requests are already in the database, so I encourage you to upvote them! In the future, it’s really helpful if you could file each suggestion separately so that we can merge them more cleanly.

Parallax scrolling: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942750
    Hover: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12941394
    Microinteractions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animate-individual-elements-separately-custom-ani
    Timed transitions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942969
    Video and animated GIF support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12924336

Thanks,

-Elaine

6. showing the image preview would help when dealing with many layers. especially the ones that are set to 0% opacity.
    I would then attach the replace image function to the thumbnail.
    Bonus: add a paste function to the "replace image" feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  7. Currently you have to select the Colur icon/block or Ag style icon to apply character or Colour style, if you click anywhere else in the character style block it does not apply!!!
    The more intuitive and i think previous versions had this, is to make the entire character style capsule clickable. I run a 5k screen setup so the icons are pretty small.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I am participating in trial 2-week with www.Thinkful.com community which has a great background in coding and provides structured feedback from assignment mentors. Unfortunately, you will have to pay to complete the bootcamp but I wish XD daily has a little bit of this focus. They also have online chats throughout the day on how to think like a data scientist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. My team and I created a shared CC library and I added couple colors on it. I want to be able to reorder the elements so it will be more organized.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Games are generating many times more money on iOS/Android then any other type of apps. Why ignore such a huge industry?
    Today we clearly can see shift to midcore/hardcore mobile games like MMO Real Time Strategy.
    This genre means user is forced to operate with a very complex system whith very high cognitive load.
    This games age very heavy on UI. Basically 90% of such games is UI.
    For example our upcoming sci-fi title consists of 162 unique screens with many states.
    We need a tool which will ease the process of prototyping/designing/iterating/approving the screens using our existing UIKit (a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Animations should be able to come out as assets. This way if you need to change all your animations at same time, for example to transition/none, it can be done quickly. This would be an AWESOME feature and should work just like colors assets!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. this plugin allow the designer to import an excel sheet and the plugin will convert it to an editable thing in XD.
    also, I can change table colors, font, font size, etc. and after that, it will be applied to the design

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be great to define font families that will be used in a project by adding them to the artboard property panel.
    This would help to
    - limit numbers of font used in a webdesign
    - change the font of a whole project

- maintain character styles easyly
    - avoid to miss some font replacement

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Currently the type editing features in XD are bare-bones. InDesign has possibly the best type editing in any layout program. It would be great if XD can implement and borrow some of InDesign's type editing features:

• Text Frame inset (This can be considered padding)
    • Vertical Alignment within a text frame
    • Superscript & Subscript?
    • Baseline Shift?
    • Underline
    • Ability to turn paragraph text into point text, and vice versa. (This is more like Photoshop)
    • Ability to use more than one color in a text frame
    • Ability to use more than one type size in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of these ideas are already in our database, so it would really help if you could upvote those individual features.

Color, type, and styles editing within the text box will come in a future release of XD for Windows, as we’re not quite at parity yet with the Mac client.

Thanks,

-Elaine

15. The Design Tokens feature is a welcome and useful addition.
    However I was surprised, that the colors did appear in a completely random order in the stylesheet. I had intentionally sorted them in my assets panel.

I mean sorting them alphabetically would have been a conclusive choice too, but scrambling them is bad.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to prototype a PDF or other document viewer allowing the user to scroll through a 2-3 page document (images arranged like pages) and then direct them to select the target text on the document.

Telling a user to select the text, they naturally want to drag to highlight and select the text as they would in a text editor or viewer.

I want to simulate that so I tried putting a small box with opacity set to 0% just to the left of the text. Then I copied the object for naming and start position and put it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Beyond Symbols, there is a need to have reusable Components. Where Symbols are a reusable group of elements, a Component is a reusable group of mini artboards that could be placed into a larger layout.

Having Components:

1) Opens up the possibility of showing on-page interactions without having to duplicate entire artboards of content.

The dream is to have each element only once in an entire project because making a single edit when you have duplicate content is a nightmare. A use case example would be needing to show all the states of a small newsfeed widget with tabs for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! This is in line with what we want to do. All three of these behaviors are actually already captured in UserVoice and are waiting for your upvote!

18. In order to export an Adobe XD prototype to Alexa Preview, the first artboard must contain actual content; an empty space will result in export error. This is a new issue as previous exports have accepted a single space as content.

I wasted several hours trying to address this. My exhaustion to figure it out on my own led me to leave a 1-star rating on Amazon for the XD skill, a phone call to the Adobe support team, rescheduling a client meeting and lost wages.

My feature request:
    Make export error handling better and more descriptive.

Explicit indication that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Image attached, that same icon in XD (Left), and in Illustrator (Right). See how the same icon is different on each app?

I've recently discovered knockout groups in Illustrator for making invisible gaps in objects to retain original object's properties and exact shape while also allowing stylized gaps between the shapes (hope I'm making sense). However, when I put this same object (and others like it) in the Libraries panel in Illustrator, and then drag it from the XD Libraries window onto the XD artboard, I realized that the invisible gaps are not present in XD. This screws up my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I frequently (at least once/day) hit CMD-V when I'm reaching for CMD-B while editing text. If I have an object on my clipboard, XD inserts the raw SVG code into my text area. (OK, Maybe using my left hand for B is bad typing form, but I'm old and it's never going to change)

This is especially annoying if the clipboard contents are large, as my system grinds to a halt for several seconds, preventing a quick CMD-Z.

I can't think of a scenario when this behavior would be desirable. I get the value of copying SVG, but the paste…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →