Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Color shift in shared prototype

I am about to use it for design prototype for work. As I tested it, I found out the colour between design view and share online result have different colours.
    Please check the attached files. I tested with my own file and the examples from adobe.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  9 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to jump to specific page in prototype.

Allow visitors to enter the page/artboard # in a shared prototype. For example: Someone shared a prototype with me that had 91 pages, and they asked me to look at page 55. I had to click the forward or back buttons repeatedly to get there.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Linking Between XD Previews

As a designer I would like to share my designs on the web, and be able to jump from one XT project to the other. There are many uses to this capability. 1) Breaking up a project. 2) Sharing a chapter page that can be updated.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search document in cloud

Hello, I need search button to search document in cloud. Please add search option. currently its very difficult to find specific document on cloud storage.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Zoom in shared prototype

PLEASE add a Zoom capability for "Share for Review" public links. Unbelievable that when sharing a URL with a client of a website that is 1920x5950 that there is no way to zoom the image to fill the full width of the screen so they can actually read the text and see what their web page will look like. Why does the public link only allow the full height of the artboard to be displayed and not allow a zoom-and-scroll functionality? We've had to resort to sharing designs in Dropbox and using that zoom and comment functionality because XD never…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change owner of cloud document

A member of our team is leaving. The only way we can change ownership of her files is to have her download them and share them locally. This is fine and all but it breaks all the links to the document so I have to go into the various places we share the link, like JIRA, and add new links.

I would prefer that we could just change ownership of the file to another team member.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to define a team and assign individual role-based permissions on a project

Super-admins (enterprise level) should be able to:
    -View, edit, delete, create teams
    -View, edit, delete, add team members + owners
    -Assign/ remove teams to/ from projects

Team Admins (manager level) should be able to:
    -Add members to a team
    -Remove members from a team
    -Edit role-based access permissions for each member of the team related to project access (Team admin, Collaborator, Reviewer, Approver)

Teams are associated with:
    -Projects (specs, style guides, prototypes)
    -Asset libraries & UI kits

This is related to the following feature requests (that I could discover)
    :
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16963429-user-permissions-for-collaboration

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13061826-collaboration-on-same-document-real-time-or-check

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12930321-creative-cloud-library-support-share-symbols-asse

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12935340-shared-style-guide-within-members-of-a-team-objec

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change green checkmark to another icon when the prototype falls out of date

Confusing: Sharing popup shows green checkmark even when shared prototype is out of date
    Loving the product folks, just a quick suggestion. Not really a bug.. more of a UX issue. I was a little thrown off when my prototype wasn’t updating even though the green check (up to date?) was there. The copy with ‘share again’ feels wrong to me when you can share again OR update the app.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Turn off cursor changes when hotspots are off.

Hot spots can be turned off by adding "?hints=off" to the URL of your web prototype.

If hints are off, we should also turn off changes to the cursor when someone hovers over a hotspot.

This would be useful for user testing.

Please vote if you want this implemented. Or, leave comments below on why we shouldn't do this!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Comments - @ Mentions should notify the email

In the comments when a mention (@) is used with an email - for e.g. @someone@something.com - It should send an email / notify that email about the comment. That way the user can action that comment. Invision has this feature and is such an important feature.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scrollbars in shared prototype

I would love to have the prototype pane (in-browser) have a scrollbar if the content exceeds the bounds of the prototype. Obviously, it does scroll with the mouse and keyboard mechanisms, but there is no visual indication to the user that there is additional content.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Less Confusing Link Management UI

When creating a shareable link you're given the ability to create multiples which are great for iterations. However, the update link function is more confusing. Is it updating the first link I created? The most recently created? Is there a way to update certain links and not others for different department reviews?

I suggest making link management part of the dialogue to allow the user to select which link they're updating.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Folders in Manage Prototypes

Be able to create/manage folders per XD file in the Prototypes view on my Creative Cloud Account.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please include plugins to upload design to Google's Gallery.IO

Google recently introduced gallery.io for design & development collaboration. This would be a great addition to Adobe XD

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Choose image compression level on images creating a prototype

When creating a prototype link - if you could set an image compression level that would save stakeholders waiting for an age when waiting to viewing the prototype. In a number of cases actually using the prototype link as a presentation tool, it is just not efficient enough to be consistently viable as a choice.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Customize hotspot hint color

If you use blue to indicate interactive elements of your prototype, the blue flashing of Hotspot Hints are not visible. The ability to change this colour would be welcome. Thanks.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cancel publish during upload

By mistake i choose publish proto and update link - how to cancel it? - i have to close the file to cancel an activity.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shorten link

The link is rather long. I usually run my link through bit.ly to prevent long links.

Shorter links would be great when sharing prototypes with clients.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. print the comments

It will be neat to have the option of printing the comments along with the design

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base