Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It may seem small but it would be a workflow improvement if when pasting a component, being able to make it local in the right click contextual menu. Currently I have to open the Assets panel, right click on the component, Make Local. But it would be a little more efficient if, once I paste it, right click and make local. Thx

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Sometimes screenshots of a design are needed, sometimes it makes sence to do these within adevice frame - the preview mode is already providing video recordin. I think it would be an improovement to display the recordings in a device frame as well (if wanted mby the designer), and also making the user able to do screenshots as well, in the preview mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to link multiple objects (across multiple artboards) to the same artboard simultaneously.

In my attached screen shot you can see that both "home" buttons are selected on the two different artboards but the "destination" dropdown is disabled in the prototype sidebar.

It would be nice if this destination field was usable even when objects (single or multiple) aren't already linked to something.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. This may be fixed once you introduce states, but I think component bounding boxes should change height if showing or hiding a layer affects the height of the group.

For example, we have used components to create form fields, with different layers for various states of the component. We have an error state that includes an additional line of text with a description. If we include this error state inside our master "input" component, the height of the component will include the error state height, regardless of if we have the layer turned on or off. This causes us to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hey guys,

This is an easy one. I don't love having to both select the Artboard that I'm looking at AND hit cmd-3 to zoom to its entirety, that's something I need to do very frequently (so that I can then zoom quickly to a specific area, or just view the totality of the board), so 2-3 steps feels unnecessary when it could be replaced with just one:

cmd-4 = Zoom to Current Artboard

"Current" in this case would refer either to the board containing your selection or the one that appears most in your viewport.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice to be able to choose which GPU to use (on a Mac, Intel Iris Pro Graphics or AMD Radeon Pro) in order to save battery life when performance is not necessary.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need to type page number and go to it. now just next & back.

In show all pages, should show page number .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. an option to save XD files in older version, so people working on updated versions can share documents with people who can't upgrade

543 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This is extremely important, almost as important as bringing back the old Design Specs flow which you took away for no logical reason.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great if XD can place images or psd files into design like indesign. And also linked files must be updated in XD after editing images or psd files.

For example; while creating a landing page, the hero image is a complicated design; designed in photoshop. Right now if i wanted to edit hero image i have to open psd file, edit it, export it and place it to XD. But it can be like indesign; cmd+double click placed psd file on XD then PS opens, i edit and save then on XD updated new image on screen.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ADOBE XD v 21.2.12.3 does not preview to "Amazon Echo Show 5" properly. I keep getting black bars on either side of my layouts regardless of what size I set up my artboards. The internet says the Show 5 screen dimensions are 960x480, but XD won't do that. Any workarounds?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. A member of our team is leaving. The only way we can change ownership of her files is to have her download them and share them locally. This is fine and all but it breaks all the links to the document so I have to go into the various places we share the link, like JIRA, and add new links.

I would prefer that we could just change ownership of the file to another team member.

994 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. As many designers will compare AdobeXD features with Sketch, and many Sketch Library use RSS feed to keep update their own librairies with users. I think it's a mandatory for BIG adoption by designers and companies to support RSS feeds like Sketch do.

Take a look :

As well as hosting your Libraries on Sketch Cloud, you can also host your Library file on any online server, publish an RSS that points to it, and have Sketch subscribe to the RSS to get updates when the Library is updated. To do that, just use a link in this form: sketch://add-library?url=URLEncodedPathToRSS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please! The way is done is not good enough, it#s kind of inverted. I don't want to highlight all the elements painted with the same color, I need to know the color of a selected element. Please, make this work like in any other software.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great to define font families that will be used in a project by adding them to the artboard property panel.
    This would help to
    - limit numbers of font used in a webdesign
    - change the font of a whole project

- maintain character styles easyly
    - avoid to miss some font replacement

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The highlights of elements in use on a page only appear while hovering an element (a font, a color, ...)
    It would be a great help to see highlighted elements while scrolling the whole page.
    Maybe by adding a checkbox in front of the element (see jpg attached)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I have an artboard set to transition with a keystroke, the keystroke automatically highlights and is editable when I select an artboard. I cannot then use Ctrl 3 to zoom into that art board. Instead, it changes the keystroke to Ctrl 3.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. At the moment, the mentioning functionality becomes populated with users only after they have posted a comment (refer to screenshots), even when the link is viewed by users within the same team (account type - wise).

However, if we delete an user's comments, mentioning doesn't reflect that (still shows that user in the list), so we are currently doing that to simulate the feature.

It would be very helpful if there was this flexibility in working collaboratively with XD, as my team is trying to evangelise using this product to management over other competitors.

Moreover, mentioning is only available for…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Similar to the 'Color' tool panel from AI.

This can/should also incorporate other features like seeing the hex or color build information of the fill or outline without having to click into a secondary panel.

Tie in key commands like 'x' for swapping the focus from outline to fill, 'd' for resetting to base black/white, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When adding Character Styles the first character style stays on top and the other styles adds underneath that, but when adding Colors the latest added color "pushes down" the already added colors. Would like the first added Color to stay on top, I know you can change the order later but it would just speed up my workflow.

All the best!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)