Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. a plugin to use webcam for tracking eye motions of the user [when using an XD interactive prototype]

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I have a component I would like to be able to add a shadow to the component. Currently there is only fill and border available.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please add a setting to control whether or not the comments/pins are showing on first load of the page. I would like my clients to be able to see the design and get an accurate first impression, without seeing the pins cluttering it. I would rather give them a real first impression than have their first action be to hit the comments button to hide the pins. I'm asking for a setting to control it because I see that others have found value in having the comments show by default. I chatted with a member of your support team and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Name it not "close", but "resolved" (a checkbox with checkmark/or no checkmark („resolved“/„unresolved“). AND it automatically will marked as „unresolved“ if the reviewer adds an new answer.
    The pin should be convert from number to checkmark if the comment is marked as resolved.

With this I can use the comments as a list of tasks which I can work off step by step.
    If I finish a task I mark is at resolved. The reviewer get an E-Mail (at the end of day all resolved tasks collected to one E-Mail) and he can now review this and do an answer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In order to work quickly and efficiently, I want to be able to insert components via keyboard shortcut.

This is made possible in Sketch thanks to its Runner plugin: https://sketchrunner.com.

You can see it in action in this quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXXVQlfOpo4

How it works:

1. Use the keyboard shortcut Command-' to pull up the Runner menu.
    2. Type "insert [name of component]" to filter the components library.
    3. Hit Enter to paste the component onto the artboard.

All without needing to navigate and click with the mouse!

Having something similar to to this XD would be a considerable improvement to my workflow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Whether we create an animation in XD we perhaps might wish to refine in AE, or work in AE to make an animation(s) for XD, I would like to be able to round-trip that within the Adobe ecosystem. Bonus points if we can make micro-interactions or IFTTT types of interactivity, which would activate the branching JSON file animations; perhaps connected as nodes. Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Please enable the possibility to swap a component with another component via right-click. It could for instance be useful when swapping one button to a button with another colour from your component list.

Right now you have to drag it onto the artboard and place it using the align tools and delete the older one. This could be made much easier by just a right-click

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Linked Assets is a great feature, but it is not as helpful as it could be for teams who do contract work. Where I work, we have multiple clients who all typically use Material components, but use different colors. At the present time, we have a shared component library (separate XD document) that we can pull common assets from.

If we use the Link Assets feature, we are unable to edit the master colors since that is controlled by a source document. So instead, we have to manually copy the components and paste them into a new document, then create…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When the layout changes, the pinned comments don't move accordingly. We ran into this today and it's a critical issue because we use Adobe XD as the main source of truth. That comment contains technical requirements for our devs like default ordering. The same happens in forms, where I use comments to specify input masks, validation rules and other things. Everytime I change something on the form, I have to make sure I update all the comments. Uncool!

Usually I will adjust the pins by hand, but in this instance I didn't create the comment so I couldn't move the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Developers use educated guess work when it comes to making animations based on designs.

Just like normal design specs, we need animation specs to be able to hand off design that contain motion and transition information. a way to clarify animation and eliminate guess work for developers.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need an option, like holding alt or ctrl adjusting the spacing in-between repeat grid individually after creating the grid. At the moment if we need different spacing inbetween the two block, it is not possible, have to ungroup the grid to achieve this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I've had to copy and paste text from Figma into XD and it would be really great if that text could then become editable in XD. Adobe Acrobat is able to auto-detect and convert text even in lowres PDFs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to be able to stretch text like in InDesign. This is possible in browsers with css transform so should also be possible in XD. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great to be able to drag guides from anywhere, not just the top and left of an art board. Sometimes I am editing a master component on the pasteboard and I cannot grab any guides. Other times I am zoomed in or at the bottom of a long page and I have to zoom out go and grab a guide and then find my place again. I would like to be able to get guides no matter where I am, I am thinking of allowing them to be pulled out globally from the top of the interface…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When using a component instance in a different document, changes to the linked color asset (in the new document) should update the instances.

There seems to be no reason for the current behavior. I work with multiple products with the same base UI differed mostly by color.

It actually looks more like a bug, but this ticket says otherwse: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/38063995-linked-components-not-reacting-to-edit-fill-color

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When we share a design made for iOS to developers, it could be great to have the option to select the appropriate color as NSColor and UIColor as well as Hex RGB etc :) It will be more convenient for developers to have access to UIColor/NSColor right from their dev design specs ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I cannot select multiple items within a group by CMD clicking the items on my design. I have to do that on the item side panel which is a pain because when having a lot of items of a sort you have no idea which item is which on the design.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. All other Adobe Programmes allow for font auto-activation from Extensis Suitcase. Can we add it to XD?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I share a link of a prototype and have the option "Show Hotspot Hints" enabled, it shows clickable areas. It would be great if there could also be an option to display information on available Key & Gamepad triggers.

Building out a prototype that is interactive currently has it's short comings but it's great to see Adobe listening to XD users and expanding the prototyping capabilities. Because there currently isn't a way to show On-Hover type of interactions, I have to fake it by creating a keyboard trigger that I press at the same moment I move my mouse…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The ability to designate a box as a dummy asset of a certain theme so that it displays an appropriate image (roughly the same size and theme). For example, when creating mockups on the web I've been using placeimg.com to show temp assets. If I had a nature web site and wanted to show a 340x340 image I would just reference https://placeimg.com/340/340/nature and it would show a random nature image for the demo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)