Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Need to have components, objects, UI kits, etc written to support, Low-Fedelity wireframes. Reason for this is their the only ones that work well with Design lead workshops and ideation workshops.
    This because the users don't get distracted and overwhelmed by details like in the high fidelity mode.

Currently use balsamiq for this, but XD should be a better alternative with this feature request implemented.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I have vectors in my CC library for various logos and symbols. I originally started my projected in Photoshop. When I imported my PSD into XD, all the vectors were converted to low resolution PNGs with no dynamic links to the CC library.
    If this program is truly meant to fit the ecosystem, it needs to preserve those CC Library links across every platform, including communications between Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. As Apple will encourage to use SF Symbols from iOS 13 and later, it could be great to add the support inside Adobe XD so iOS designers can also use this software once Apple make their UI Kit available for XD.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would like the concept of being able to mark 'hide' for specific artboards from the Prototype view.

This would allow artboards to exist within the same XD file for reference but not display at all when in Prototype mode navigating through the screens.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be helpful to relink all instances of a linked component in a given document to a different component, in similar fashion to relinking an image in InDesign to a different external image source.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It takes a long time to either create a new link for development or update an existing link, and I find myself waiting around often. I also often click "update" without copying the link first, then it's unavailable while the link is being updated, and I have to wait. I'd love to be able to share the link before it's updated since developers will only access well after it's finished updating/creating anyway. Three suggestions:

1. When updating an existing link, let the existing link be available to copy, since the URL won't change.

2. Or, have a "cancel" button so I can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Is there a categories for Plugins? This would help organize the plugins and allow for searching within the plugin category.

Note: as of XD 24 you can browse plugins within a category or search across all categories -- but you can't yet filter by category and search by text keyword simultaneously.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of XD’s November 2019 release (XD 24), plugins are organized into several categories — as well as in some cases various editor-curated collections.

There’s not yet any way to search within a single category though, so I will adjust the title of this feature request to more clearly cover than remaining missing piece.

8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently the URL for a shared link is the same between GRID view and FLOW view. Is it possible to have a separate link for these. Eg. https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/grid and https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/flow ?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Regarding the "Shared Presentation" on xd.adobe.com/view/...

The "Grid Feature" is helpful. However, it would be nice to allow the user to create custom ordering for the artboards. Perhaps in XD's "Prototype" mode, instead of just a stacking order, offer a way for the user to drag the artboards to reorder them and use that as the display order on the View page "Grid" layout.

Alternatively, it might be helpful to allow the user to create hierarchical lists (e.g. tree nodes) in XD. Then users could view as a Grid or Hierarchy on the XD View page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. For animations, it would be very helpful to allow for multiple rotations so I'm not limited a single 359-degree rotation. This will allow for much simpler loading style animations which currently I have to do some trickery to make it look like it is spinning more than once.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add the flow view also in the 'Share for review' link.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need an ability to rearrange artboards on the left section - where the list of all artboards are shown. This will enable me to export my artboards to pdf and also to zeplin in a sequential manner.

Because i like to drag and copy artboards the artboards are all mixed up on the artboards list section. It would help if there is a button to quickly rearrange the artboards alphabetically.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. What if we could add text rows ALSO directly from Xd withous using TXT files? Here is my suggestion to make repeat grid better IMHO.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please give option to download zip file of all assets. Now developer have to download it one by one so it takes too much time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When designing i like to keep to the guidelines eg material design. They have some already available icons that they provide to the design community for free.
    So what i currently do is i have to go to material design website download the icon to my local folder in whichever format i need - svg, png - then drop them in xd.

If i can have an inbuilt functionality to search and use the icons on material design or for iOS that would save me time and hard disk space.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  17. Enter a custom JIRA Filter ID either in the XD Plugin interface or the JIRA App Management.

This would populate the Filter by drop down in the JIRA XD Plugin interface.

Benefit: Leverage JIRAs powerful filtering to group Stories that need design and allows design teams to see the same group of Issues being worked on.

Note: For shared XD projects/boards.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I frequently (at least once/day) hit CMD-V when I'm reaching for CMD-B while editing text. If I have an object on my clipboard, XD inserts the raw SVG code into my text area. (OK, Maybe using my left hand for B is bad typing form, but I'm old and it's never going to change)

This is especially annoying if the clipboard contents are large, as my system grinds to a halt for several seconds, preventing a quick CMD-Z.

I can't think of a scenario when this behavior would be desirable. I get the value of copying SVG, but the paste…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  19. Links that scroll UNDER a fixed layer, should NOT be clickable. Currently, the link can be clicked "through" the layer.

For instance, if you have a fixed header at the top, and links below it in the body area that can scroll behind/under the header, are still clickable through the header...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add a feature that will allow the user to remove unused components from the library. Currently, I have to click on each component and check if it is on the canvas. Bearing in mind that there are several hundred of them in my file, it becomes very troublesome and causes a mess in the library. A similar option is available in e.g. Adobe InDesign and is very helpful when working with a file.

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)