Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Currently when we share Android Layout to the developers it was showing in DP for all in specs but as per platform guidelines prefer when it is character styles specs should be "SP" it is stands for Scale independent pixels. It is same as dp unit but it is also scaled by the user's font size preference.

Preferable request is meaningful as it will not confuse to the developers hope it make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I have a situation where I want a mask to reveal its fixed-position contents, but I don't appear to be able to do that. I don't see any reason that the mask and its contents should be inherently related, even if you want to set it that way by default (when the mask is attached) - I should be able to select either of them and select/deselect the "Fix position when scrolling" toggle.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Pasting anything into an XD file automatically places that object at the top of the hierarchy. Not a big deal, but for files that have "always on top" elements (such as pinned menu bars), this has you constantly having to move things up/down to correct the stacking order.

What I'm suggesting is a line/bar that you could pull down in the Layers pane that would serve as the "paste below" threshold - all pasted objects would appear just below that line until moved elsewhere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. FontBase is a very popular tool for managing fonts. FontBase works with many other Adobe programs, like Photoshop, but it does not work with XD. The most recent update declared that this is not a FontBase problem, this is an XD problem. Please fix so these are compatible.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When renaming layers I often use CMD+Shift+arrow keys to highlight text. I have some custom keyboard shortcuts setup for the nudge+resize plug-in that use the same CMD+Shift+arrow keys to grow or shrink items. It would be great if while I was renaming layers I could use these shortcuts to highlight text without it affecting the item I have selected on the artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  6. Components Color Label or Tag,
    having too much or a lot of components can be troublesome, it would be great if we can label or tag it with color. Something like Ai and Ps have.

This is valuable to the community to keep their libraries or components organized and easier to look for.

I think this update should be easy to be implemented and give somewhat considerate impact

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently if I have several ideas for the same Artboard, I have to copy and paste the artboard, usually I put all of them on top of each other, making a vertical line of versions to choose, what makes my whole screen full of garbage and unused Artboards.

I would like to suggest a Context Menu Option of the Artboard, where we can enter a "Multiple Version Mode", where the screen will only show all the versions of this particular artboard. Creating a new Artboard in this mode, will be considered as another version. We can create as many Artboards…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I have a component like a card with a button in it (button is a nested component) and I drag a different button in to swap it out, the card component should update the original button name with the new name in the layers panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Like rendition, if we can export font files applied to text using Adobe XD Plugin.

Developers needs font files along with images so it would be required feature.

For Example:
    - If a text later has font Lato, I want to know the location of Lato.ttf in the file system

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. XD Version 20.2.12.1
    Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.615)

If there is a way to do this, I apologize for the post.

Almost daily, I work with "grouped" elements that represent a section of a design. For example, a panel that contains sub panels, etc. Often I want to "marquee" select several items within the panel to adjust their locations, etc., but I end up selecting the panel background and moving it instead.

It would be nice if we could lock, say, only the position of a certain element and only that element(so it doesn't move) instead of locking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When exporting Android assets, I'd like to see an option to "include dpi in asset name".

iOS assets add the @1x, @2x, @3x to the icon names, which I find useful. I would like to have the same option for Android, where mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, etc. is added to each asset and see them all in one folder.

I export a large amount of assets every week and this could really speed up our process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As a Designer I want to create links that will not change during the project for iOS, Web and Android.

I want to be able to update all (iOS, Web, Android) in one click.
    I want to be able to generate a single link for both prototype and specs; all should be updated in one click.

In such case, the links should not be changed but stay the same.

Description
    Why is this valuable to you?
    Because when designing both iOS and Android applications from one XD file I cannot manage/update 2 spec links at the same time, and have…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I work with developers, and we found a little problem during the export of assets for android : The folder where are exported the assets are named "drawable-hdpi" … or now, I don't know exactly from when, the folder to make an app is called "mipmap-hdi" …

It depends on actually of some projects (sometimes you can still use drawable and sometimes not), but it will be a good idea to add a function to choose the name of folders :)

Can you fix it for another update? Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to be able to reveal the color in the assets panel, even if the assets panel is not open. If I have the layers panel open the option is currently not in the context menu. It would be great if it was an option regardless of what panel is open and if clicked it would automatically open the appropriate assets
    panel.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If PNG is imported and over ca. 5000px of height it's not in highres anymore (in webview) but gets blurred by adobe XD: not showable, not usable and adobe seems to be not interested in that problem or would not fix it at all (perhaps even this is not a bug and just a way to keep other design-exports from sketch & co. out of XD?)

for now the only way to keep using the prototyping web-view is to slice our pngs in smaller peives and play puzzle in xd... WOOOW!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. For maintain a design system and improve the collaboration with developers could be great to integrate the XD components with Storybook (https://storybook.js.org/).

This will allow keeping updated and in sync the system across both departments.

Example of similar flow: https://medium.com/@brandaiapp/connect-sketch-symbols-with-their-react-counterparts-d100be414acd

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please make the new screens and updated screens appear in the top of the (shared link) grid. Please make it default behavior or let us choose this behavior.

The recently introduced grid view in shared links is nice but there is a problem. People I work with are not able to find the updated screens. Before I used to place new and updated screens in the top of the XD document so they could be easily found. Now as they can't see the "document view" anymore, they've lost all the visual cues and they are forced to do a time-consuming…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. There should exist a "refresh file" button to reload the local file instead of re-opening the application.

2. I needed this feature to reduce the burden of reopening application whenever I made a change to the file in the dropbox sync from another PC.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It should be geat to add a handle in the bottom right angle of a repeat grid to resize it proportionally

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add an ability to set default view mode when sharing project on the web for Development, so that it would open by default as prototype or as specs.
    It's great that now we can switch between those modes, but it might be not clear for developer who got used to work with specs that now he has to perform some additional action to be able to see specs once he is in prototype mode.
    Also controls for switching between modes should be more prominent.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)