Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Hi, I would like the viewport dotted line not to be visible while I am designing. Sometimes I just like to have a bird-eye view on my design and I don't want more clutter there.
    It can be only the indicator in the left side active, and on click the dotted line can appear.

Thanks!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide ability to make XD files available publicly via cloud documents as a URL link (only those who have URL link can access the cloud document). This makes it easy to share UI kits with users who are not part of the organization. Users can then link assets from this URL link and keep synced with changes to the kits.

Currently, we have to share XD files directly with the user and the user needs to upload the XD files to their cloud documents to link assets from the XD file. Any changes to the XD file would require re-uploading…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When viewing in the inspector mode in the browser, would be ideal to be able to select multiple elements at the same time, in order to check the total size. This is necessary for when a developer is building the layout templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We should be able to see Design specs in inches as well. Some Enterprise development tools (BI TOOLS) only support Inches as the measurement value.
    So we are able to design, review and prototype but can't share design specs, that's still a manual process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. My prototype-links where published at d.adobe.com/view/xyz. To have an overview over my past prototypes and delete them (or give new authorizations to specific persons etc.!) I have to go to assets.adobe.com/links. Why? To give assets.adobe.com/links more features in the future (generate folders etc.) it could be smart to unite these both sites?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The ability to add minus values in the paragraph spacing box to decrease paragraph spacing from default.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to use a PC keyboard trigger in device preview using iPad. It's to create a prototype that uses touch and hard switch operation, like Nintendo's Switch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a button or some way to allow the commenter or Owner to mark comments as "Important". This would visually change the comment itself as well as the pin, if it's pinned. The button or status could also be clicked again/removed to allow the comment to go back to normal status and not Important.

Attached is a quick example of what could be done, to allow the eyes to quickly see what's been marked priority over other comments.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great if you could switch between Design & Prototype menus right there at the right-side panel. It's a little thing, but it would save us from moving back/forth across the screen to change menus.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello,

It would be great to have a list containing all the XD URLs created by my own account.

The reasons why:
    - as it stands now, anytime I'm searching for a URL, I have to open again the XD file, even if I'm just searching for the URL and I'm not going to work on XD.
    - sometimes we share more than a URL with a client. By having a list, we would have under control the amount of URLs created for every client.
    - since the only way to get the URL is open the app, my colleagues…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...) developer often don't see them because active and inactive status is grey

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The distance between objects hotkey is amazing, but very often hard to read, due to the overlap of other objects or background colors. I've attached two examples where the distance between objects is very hard to see.

Putting the measurement in a box would make sure it is always easy to read

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. (posted in the right forum this time)

As a user, I want to be able to adjust the auto save frequency on cloud documents so that I have more control over my system and my file, and my workflow is not interrupted.

Right now, the auto save seems to save my work every X edits, which would be great if XD didn't slow down or freeze during this, unfocus typing, and generally interrupt my entire workflow.

For example this just happened to me again: I manually saved a document. Then I clicked into an element (not component) and adjusted the…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When aligning objects that are nested deep in a complex component it isn't always that easy to right click on the right object from the first time on.

As an advanced user i would like to select align to pixel grid in the layers panel by right clicking the selected layer and navigating to 'align to pixel grid'.

Limitations of items in this specific context menu is a concern, i would make a group "design options" and add the suggested 'align to pixel grid' option together with the 'add colour to assets" option to it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When there are raster images pasted in to the project and I want to move some objects around with pixel precision I do Cmd+"+" or Cmd+2 to zoom in (200%) which is enough for me. But blurry images make it hard to do a pixel-to-pixel alignments. 300% zoom though looks perfect (pixelated and sharp). Could you please just disable raster smoothing at 200% zoom?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  18. Just something minor, but would be quicker if we don’t have to right click to edit the character styles, but just could double klick to change the settings of the style.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Of course it's set ot german and of course now I have to hunt down some setting somewhere which I dont want to do. Spellcheck should not be on by default, anyone who wants to use such a feature will actively search for it, the vast majority of users do not want it, especially not when it uses some localised setting from who knows where that is now constantly uppercasing all my stuff without me ever having this problem before.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would find it useful in creating more complex and easily editable components if they could be used in boolean operations and retaining their linkage to the master component.

Right now, when I use a component in a boolean operation, the green outline becomes red and editing the master component does not affect the components that were used in the boolean.

This is one way I've seen google's material design components being implemented in Sketch and I found that approach very handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)