Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Hi

It's really annoying having to press X on the instructions each time I want to use the prototyping tab. This happens if I only have one artboard and need to go into the prototyping tab to access the Fix Position tick box.

Please can we have an option to stop showing it?. (see attached)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be very useful to be able to grab all the colour values as text in one go.
    To copy and paste into our SCSS or CSS.

Could be a download or copy all.

The shared assets in the Share for Development web pages are great. When it comes to the Colors, currently we can grab the Hex, RGBA, HSLA colours one at a time. I frequently want to grab all the colours.

Code editors help designers see the colours, we don't need to do the colours one at a time to know which is which.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add the ability to control the entire document export of assets and/or instead of defaulting to "mark for export" leave the checkbox empty.

Please STOP making decisions for us and let us choose how we want to use XD (The same goes for saving everything in the cloud by default).

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Request:

Make it possible to input a custom domain that will be used for generating both share links and design specs.

A current link example: https://xd.adobe.com/view/[random generated string of characters]

A preferred URL: https://companyname.com/clientname/comp

But I could live with: https://companyname.com/[random string of generated characters]

Value:

I work at an agency. We have historically created comps to share with clients by exporting designs as an image and manually building an HTML page on our development server.

Moving to XD has been great for our development group, but account managers don't like sending clients an Adobe link to review a comp, despite…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sometimes you need to reorganize your design system files. Once you have created a master components, you cannot move it to another file, and you are stuck with the current file forever.
    It would be great if you can just move your Master Component from one document to another.

344 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search Option in the Installed plugin pannel, It is difficult to find the right plugin when you have installed lot of plugins.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cmd+F, Ctrl+F to launch the layers panel and give focus to search

with the key ctrl + f you can search for elements

same as browser

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please, can you make the keyboard shortcut to switch between the asset panel and layers the same?

My brain absolutely cannot get used to 'Shift' 'Command' + 'Y' to go to assets then 'Command' +'Y'. I end up turning off the panel and then turning it back on every time before doing the correct shortcut 🤪

Make it just be 'Command' + 'Y' to toggle assets and layers!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A way to review all edits/changes made to a master component. For instance, a team is sharing a Design System and wants to see all the changes made to a component should they need to revert back and see who on their team made the change.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Exactly as the title says bruh

Tilde-key to expand Assets panel like in After Effects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want it so that the cloud space would work as a team space, not only the individual users.

team cloud space

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently it's not possible to deploy XD via MS SCCM because SCCM uses the system account which has no profile. This is a no no for large scale environments. If you let users manage their software each of them works with another version of the same product, which eventually leads to countless support calls ("why can't I access the XD files of team A? Why uses he features I don't have?") Furthermore you can't uninstall properly software via SCCM, if the user installed the respective Software, because the user has a profile where as the system account doesn't. Currently I'm…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great if I could just create a whole artboard as element for the regular version and copy/paste it for dark mode. As far as I understand, I cannot convert the whole artboard to an element AND still be able to change colors without being automatically adapted to all element copies.

So, the idea of the dark mode artboard element (copy) would be to adapt to EVERY change from the original regular (white mode) artboard, except for coloring. Kind of like using a different CSS for colors but react to size and content changes.

This would enable to…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. hello, thank you very much I would like to thank you for this Idea

I think it is better to make slide like powerpoint so it will be easy to view it

I think when I try to view my page in xd I need to have zoom in or out to find my page but if it will be slide like powerpoint it will be easier to find my page

without zooming in out until I get my slide

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I struggle always to find the target artboard I want to link it. Would make sense to show the last edited artboard first. Also, a better search and filter function would be great.
    . Makes more sense. Hard to find otherwise the artboard. Search Function also don't work very well. Thank you. you guys do awesome work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When publishing a project with many artboards (300-500+), it often takes a lot of time to load the artboard when reviewing the link. If the artboards contain heavy visual design then the loading speed is slow event for projects with fewer artboards.

As a result there is a lot of disruption in the review meetings. And the management/client often does not have the time to sit through the delay caused by the artboard loading.

It would be great if we have a way to preload all the prototype artboards after accessing its published link in the background. This will enable…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently editing a master component opens up the component on the pasteboard, out of context of the design.

It would be great if when a user right-clicks and selects "Edit Master Component", it allows to edit the master component in place of the current screen so that editing the component is in context of the broader screen design.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm designing icons in Illustrator, add them to a CC Library and would like to use these icons in XD. What's missing is the ability to apply a color fill in XD.

My aim is to use icons from a CC Library and place them within an instance of a XD Component, e.g. a button which I have established in my Design System. That button Component should hold information like color fill and opacity, so that I only have to (re)place the icon shape (coming from CC Library), but the color attributes (defined in the XD Component) shall stay the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There is no official indication of the latest version number (cf. PS https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html). Please post this information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Picture the scenario. You have an art board, you copy the art board and completely alter the spacing. So now you have one art board that has a tight fitting UI, and one that has a spacious one (too spacious!)

You might play around with it for a while until you find a good point somewhere between the two art boards. But these minute changes can be difficult to keep track of.

My solution would be for art board interpolation. You select both art-boards and right click to interpolate them. This opens a screen with a simple slider that lets…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)