Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would like to a be able to make my app connect to and control an external camera with a wifi or bluetooth signal. BlackMagicDesign has a camera app for ios but not android

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能に

コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能にしてはどうか。
    コメント毎に選択するのは面倒なので、ユーザー各々が自分のカラーの設定を行うなど。

How about making the color of the pin of comment selectable?
    It is troublesome to select for each comment, so each user sets their own color etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If you guys could include in the assets panel a way of saving styles for borders, so that we can easily apply it to elements in our designs, it would be great.
    Functionality wise it would basically be the same as as for the other assets in the assets panel.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. By mistake i choose publish proto and update link - how to cancel it? - i have to close the file to cancel an activity.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to be able to connect different shapes (rectangles, rhombuses/diamonds, ellipses, but potentially everything). The connector line should either be solid, dashed or dotted and end in an arrow. If I move a shape, both of the connected shapes stay connected (the line expands/contracts as necessary). The line should be able to carry a text label, either in the middle, at the beginning or the end (supercool would be if you could add an offset from/to beginning/end of the line).

In other words: I would like to be able to draw a flowchart.

For me as a UX…

381 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add a blacklist / whitelist option to the "Previous Artboard" links.

The problem: "Previous Artboard" logic is linear, which only works for specific use cases.

Example: From a "Parent" page, user clicks a link to a subpage that has tabs. They click the tabs on the subpage a couple times, and now want to use a back button that takes them back to the "Parent". Currently, "Previous Artboard" will take them back through all the tabs they clicked on, before finally getting back to the "Parent".

Solution: The designer can blacklist or whitelist a group of Artboards, and/or single…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It's common in all other Adobe and MacOS products to have Cmd+D to discard saving the document when closing it. So I can quickly hit Cmd+W and Cmd+D to close document without saving changes instead of working with both keyboard and a mouse.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be really useful for me as an developer to have the fonts embedded in the XD file (like Photoshop does).

I use the XD file made by our designer to extract al sizes / font-sizes / line-heights and spacings to determine what the generic styles for specific components are going to be.

But when I don't have the current font installed on my PC yet, I can't see which parts of the design are bold / italic and how the font-sizes hold up to certain design blocks ( because measurements aren't the same between all fonts ). XD…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need better distinction between layers and groups in the layers panel. Possible solution: color blocks, a darker grey block of color behind groups or the ability to color code layers/groups like in Photoshop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If I'm drawing a rectangle and setting a corner radius of X, and need to resize that rectangle's width, I'd like to just be able to push one side without having the other side's corner radius "squashing" up.

Currently it's possible to do so by editing vector points and just selecting the left or right-side point group, but it wastes a bit of time. Thanks :)

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Got it. Currently, that’s expected behavior, as double clicking and adding points converts it from a rectangle (which will maintain the corner radius) to a path, which has a different set of rules for resizing (for things like icons). I think what you want is this behavior: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12962355. If this looks good, I’ll go ahead and merge this story with that one.

-Elaine

11. It would be nice to be able to memorize the type of display of the assets by document: I often use the "grid" type and each time I open my document I have to switch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. For mobile apps Design we need light weight for the assets we export on the stores ( play store / app store ). So actually we only export in PNG for android and iOS. The result when I export a Picture, my PNG is for example 1Mo if Adobe XD have the possibility to export in jpeg my @2x @3x pictures will be 0,1Mo.
    Because when our app is to heavy on the store you loose some customer, downloading is too long...
    So please, could you implant that point and quality export select like photoshop or illustrator.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It could be nice if the boundingbox that sorrounds the font on hover, expands in size when increasing the lineheight. With that we could set the lineheight as the developers use it in css.

See example attached.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would love to have a menu item at the very least, that I could assign a keyboard shortcut, to rename a layer or group. I'm on a big display and it wastes so much of my time, dragging my mouse all the way to the top left to also double click a layer.

Thanks!

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I used the beta version to completely redo my personal home page (fredspage.com). It looks a whole lot better now. It used to look like a variation of the examples from Head First HTML with a dated color scheme.

It allowed me to first focus on design first, and later on hand coding the implementation, a much better work flow than attempting both simultaneously.

I am a subscriber to the Adobe photographer plan and perhaps you might sell more photography plan subscriptions if you included some sort of upgrade of Xd with it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Introduce a new feature that lets you import color swatch libraries from photoshop or illustrator.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m leaving this open for now, but if you’re interested in using color swatches from Photoshop and Illustrator, you can export them to a CC Library and use them in the Assets Panel directly within XD. Hope that helps!

17. Sketch currently have a fantastic approach to moving objects - if you have a complex group and need to move an object that is behind others you can hold command & option and move the object as if you had the mouse on it

A great way to speed up workflow and stop accidentally moving the wrong objects

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great to be able to incorporate some of InDesign's character/paragraph styles into designs. Things like drop caps or paragraph rules would be a great addition to enable more editorial style designs.

( See also: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931494-paragraph-styles )

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi there,

Recently, I found myself usually make layout grid off when I used eyedropper.
    It's silly, who the hell select their color with layout grid?

So I submit this idea.

Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A symbol is highlighted with a green frame when hovering over it and with the same green frame when it is selected. I would like a distinguishable visual indicator for when a symbol is actually selected.

Maybe just finally introduce resizing symbols, then you can display handles around the selection frame, just like any other object! ;)
    -> https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16939339-scale-resize-symbols-individually

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)