Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Some fonts have issues between Mac and Windows environments most notably at the moment the Intro typeface. It works fine in all other Adobe software but in XD if a person sets up a file on a Mac and then a Windows user tries to open the file the fonts are all missing despite the exact same font files being installed on both computers. Mac and Windows in XD seem to group font families differently so Intro Black Caps on Mac is Font-Family: Intro, Font-weight: black caps. But on Windows it's Font-Family Intro Caps, Font-weight: Black. Causing the files to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. If you create an artboard and make responsive versions it would be a useful feature when you could connect the different screen sizes of that artboard (desktop, tablet landscape, tablet portrait, mobile) and than show buttons in the preview window to switch between this screen sizes.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. For example, all assets would easily be able to be exported to a simple design sheet where all of your used assets are laid out. This is helpful for design briefs and as a guide general branding cohesion.

A design sheet I made in Ai is attached and reflects the type of output I am talking about.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hello,
    I just returned from Adobe Max and loved learning about XD. I work for Le Creuset and would love the ability to be able to sketch our product and a 3D model be created in XD. I know this was part of Sneaks. Or at least be able to upload our 3D models that we currently have in other applications to be able to place new designs on our product in XD. Is that a possibility? If so, what format do they have to be in? Thank you, Nicole

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Introduce a 'Sketched View' mode, which a designer can toggle on/off. This would effectively remove all color from an artboard/design and render lines,borders,shapes with a slightly hand drawn effect, greyscale images, etc. You may have produced a lovely design but don't want the client to initially get held up on color choices. Once layout tweaked/approved you can then turn off 'Sketched View' and re-publish for the next review stage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Possibility to export png as 9patch images is very useful to deliver assets to developers correctly, specially when we design android apps.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add a noise slider to the background blur tool. This will help mimic the acrylic noise in the Fluent Design System.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be a great idea if there is an option to print the design specs on paper. Just like the option in Adobe Illustrator to print crop marks, in design specs we can create marks & regions of elements used it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. if you change a simple text or colour XD file created as separate New XD File, thus when if edit 300mb - 1gb file then we have to upload full size file to creative cloud if change a simple text change or colour change saved file created as a file which should be uploaded as full size file so if can achieve this only changes can uploaded instead of Full File.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If a link update has been made by a designer to the Design Spec a slack notification automatically gets sent to a channel/user within slack with the link and the changes that have been made. e.g new artboards added etc.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It is necessary to inntegrate thisis app witith XD. Since Figma is like XD, and some features are still missing in XD, collaborating both app will be beneficiary.

www.figma.com

355 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please allow the embed option which products an iFrame to have the ability to allow comments in the same way that the direct link has.

This should also ideally allow a simple way to get to the comments section from the prototype, such as when the cursor reaches the far right edge of the page, the comments will slide in from the right, for example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. While populating objects within a repeat grid with images is extremely handy it would also be nice to have a similar feature for symbols.

Say you design an instance of a repeat grid with a icon (as symbol) and a label (text) and then repeat it. It would be nice to then have the option to drag multiple symbols (e.g. icons of the same style and size) from the symbols sidebar onto the symbol in the repeat grid in order to build a repeated pattern from these various icons.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I find that sometimes the description of the plugins are difficult to understand. Im not sure if the plugin is right for me. If the plugin developers could get the option to upload a preview video or screenshot/gif of the functionality so that the user could get some more info before installing – that would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. One thing I miss from Axure is the ability to select multiple items on the page using two options:
    1. everything contained in the selection box gets selected
    2. everything intersected by the selection box gets selected

Adobe XD only supports 2. above. When using lots of objects, option 1. often makes this a lot easier. Even selecting from the layers panel this isn't ideal. I'd love something similar to Axure in this respect

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I create a project, I usually get a lot of arboards, and get loads of small varioations / overlays - so when I want for example print all, or export all to a PDF I will get LOADS of pages which I manually have to remove.. In some projects I also have the Mobile Layout too.

So I would like to be able to Mark / Label / Flag / Group for some key artboards (like: Mobile 1, 2, 3, 4... or Desktop 1, 2, 3, 4... or maybe just mark as Key Artboard)
    So that when I then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would it be possible to introduce a short-cut option (right-click on Mac) to export each page directly from an artboard?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Global rulers for the x/y axis.

3,311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When you have an object with a fill that's very close to the pink color of the guide, it's hard to see the value of the guide

Is it possible for the guide color to change when the background color of the object is almost the same color?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5,425 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)