Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. At present, the list of Destinations within the prototype settings popup (see attached) is shown arbitrarily, seemingly having no sort order at all. For a document with more than a few Artboards, this makes trying to find the one you want really hard.

The expected behaviour from my perspective is that the list of Destinations just follows the existing ordering of Artboards in the Layers panel. This way, a designer can order things as they like and then see the same order shown there.

This is using Adobe XD 13.0.12.14 (latest version at time of writing).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Automatically adding color and styles to Assets by 1 click
    It requires manually selecting the objects to add colors and character styles assets, but why it has to be manually selecting object? (performance concern?)
    It could be done in an automatic way from the whole document level, by having a update button to while having a function to opt-out from a object by object basis. And this integrates the Color used in a design with the swatch library.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. UI pattern Library for beginners. UX/UI Designers can understand and learn the UI patterns trends in UX community.

I have added an gif animation for UI pattern Library.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It is not easy to manage all the colors and styles in a design in XD

There is no overall design specs for all artboards in the design specs nor in XD, making it hard to review all design styles in 1 place.
    Colors and Character Styles in assets can't be use as style guide/ in app design specs, the current version is not favoring this function

Something similar to this suggestion is needed but with more function
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34285129-integrate-designs-specs-inside-adobexd

[Second feature request moved to: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/34705201]

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Mac] Unintentional masking problem with SVGs when replacing via drag

Tried to find this in the forums, so I hope I'm not posting about a known issue!

I have an icon (SVG) in one of my layouts. I've duplicated my artboard several times. With regular images (like PNGs), I can just drag a new image onto the one I want to replace or swap out. Works fine. But if I use SVGs, dragging the new SVG icon onto an existing one creates a mask group...?

(v. 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.2.61)

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, it makes sense! Once we import SVG, we essentially treat it like any other object. It sounds like you want to ensure that your SVGs retain some “image” properties and be able to swap them the way you can already swap images. I’ll keep this one as open for now! Thanks for getting back to us. :)

-Elaine

6. Currently the CC window open over XD and can't be locked within it. This has made me realise why should the user need to open CC Libraries in every Adobe application every-time they go into one?

E.g. I use InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD daily and I have to open each one in each app individually? This now makes zero sense...Would it not be better to have CC Libraries as an app / extension window of it own so no matter what Adobe app you are in CC is already their and open? I hate to do the same repetitive actions…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The grid system should work and look just like the columns in InDesign, the grid is a common thing for all graphic designers and making them look different across apps makes it all feel non cohesive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I was excited to hear that the June 2018 update included Math Calculations which I what I upvoted. I was surprised you said it was completed but I felt like it's not there yet.

So here's my problem that I still ran into many times.

I have a responsive website project with more than 100 artboards. If I change the footer height size by -40px, that means I would have to go to each artboard to manually change the height size of the artboard by -40px as well.

I thought I could select all 100 artboards of different height size…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Since the August 22 release, when zoomed out far enough, artboard names go away and you just see an ellipsis (...). While the artboard names were previously difficult to read (in some cases, text over text), there has to be a better way than removing them completely. Access to the artboard name is important.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Once a prototype is published and shared the text lacks the ability to be copied. This makes working with a remote team more difficult. It would be very helpful for developers to copy and paste the text to avoid the time and human errors of re-typing. Please add this function to the published prototype links.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hi,

Would be really nice if you could add gradient to text as well as objects.

/Iversen

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Speed to market:
    Please accelerate the development of this product.
    Drip feeding product features is leaving you well behind the market.
    Justifying CC is now actively discussed.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The new incrustation mode is very useless but it's too bad not to be able to change the overlay screen. For example when we want to make a menu with interactions within the menu to navigate we can't use this mode because we can't change the overlayed screen.

You can see my idea in the attachment.

Good luck and congratulation for the previous update !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When posting comments on the shared design on the web, I would love to be able to use emoji and images in the comments similar to Slack or Dropbox.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Columns exist but rows would be useful for app screens and display units.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Realize that this was "fixed" by removing borders for prototypes, but I am now having an issue with designs that use a white background color.

It is hard to tell the boundaries of the viewport. Feel like it will be impossible to satisfy everyone with a default setting.

Any way we could choose to add a border color to our prototypes?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be awesome if every time I opened the wrong file, after closing it, I would still get the initial screen where I can choose another file.

As of right now, the project closes and I have to reopen the application to choose another file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. As some features are still missing (like multiple grids for different screensizes) our team is using artboards as UIkits within the file. We use this for prototyping & design (standard block definition, assets, …).

It would be great to have "artboard options", to say those pages should never be shown in XDlinks or pdf's.

You could potentially solve multiple artboard-issues this way, for exporting, sitemap creation, namegiving, artboard grouping, etc.

Possibility for artboard options:

• Show artboard when exporting to file
    • Show artboard when exporting XD link
    • Gridstyles
    • Select master for artboard (like Indesign)
    • Artboard grouping…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. File management, Version Control, Change Control, Feedback, Integrations with Abstract ! www.goabstract.com

Please !

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support PSB files in XD

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)