Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. At the moment I realise a prototype, everyone comments on it and if I update the prototype the comments are lost.

I think it would be really cool if comments were maintained if i republish a prototype.
    Maybe the comments could be labelled with a page release version number or date so i can hid them - but I don't want to lose the comments, i want the person who left the comment to be able to marked the problem they highlighted as solved.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Repeat Grid should allow you to spread over multiple sheets. Then "undo-grid" seats each pieces into a proper layer on each sheet.

Once ungrouped and in separate layers, you should be able to reselect all shapes/groups based on similar features or symbol.

XD would keep track of the grouping/ungrouping/Grid/Ungroup Grid actions and be able to reselect all or some (manually) NOT using symbols.

I got lost in initially thinking this Grid tool was to spread from one sheet over many sheets versus using a symbol which doesn't give the same design behaviors as the grid tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  3. Selecting text on your art-board automatically highlights its style in the Assets window

Problem:
    It's hard to tell which Character Style in the Assets window I need to modify to affect a certain set of text boxes.

Solution:
    To be able to click one of my text-boxes and the relevant Character Style gets highlighted in the Assets window.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Editing gutter width automatically changes my margins to adjust to account for the static column size and changing gutter size. A similar thing happens when changing the column size. Other fields are getting auto set to some value when I don't want them to change. This means I'm not able to get the correct grid size at all.

It would be nice to set each one independently or have an option to lock in some values so I can eventually get the correct sized grid.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove the visible border between artboards when transitions are activated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hello Guys,

I am a visual designer and exploring adobe Xd suddenly one thing noticed my eye icon has been used for zoom in/out functionality actually use for search but adobe XD is using for zoom in/out. I was little bit confused so I chose to test this some of UX designer and visual design or normal people they got his as search icon not for Zoom in/out.

For research prospective I checked this in photoshop CC so I found zoom icon little bit different form Adobe SD and in photoshop top left corner presenting the both zoom in and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to scale attributes proportionately. When creating shapes, buttons, or icons within XD sometimes they need to be scaled to different sizes. Currently when scaling these shapes, buttons, or icons created within XD we can no scale some of the attributes proportionately.

As an example I create a container box with a stroke, border-radius, shadow, and paragraph text. If I need to scale proportionately, like say 50%, the stroke, border-radius, shadow, and paragraph text don't scale proportionately.

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

694 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When you click on the desktop preview, dim the background if it's on the same monitor your Artboards are on. I constantly have to scroll the artboards off screen to be able to demo the preview for someone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. it would be great if there was an easier way to replace images within a symbol other than drag&dropping from an outside folder (which is a bit WTF right now), such as a replace element option or similar

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I think the styles are really helpful. Would be more convenient if they were accessible at the typeface settings in the inspector though. When I am dealing with type in a design, or parts of a design I am generally looking at the right side of the screen, whereas the left side with all the symbols, colors, etc is more for the whole document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the same sorting functionality to the CC Library panel in XD that is available in Illustrator.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We want it to be easy to create a *.po language file directly from XD for developer. So it can be easily imported into code and be ready for translation tools.
    At the moment there is a possibility to get pdf for text but it is splittet in many pdf files. We need one pdf file to be able to extract text from that file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use (or have the option to use) a mouse-down (or touch-down) input to trigger changes instead of a full click (down+up).

When doing usability testing it's possible a user might try to click and drag something. Unnecessary confusion may result when the system doesn't respond at all (because a full click is necessary to trigger a change). If we could respond to the initial -press- or mouse-down we could provide an immediate response at the time the gesture begins, mitigating confusion.

Of course drag-and-drop would be super ideal, but the ability to respond to a press response would allow us…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There needs to be an option, on Prototype mode, to "tile" background images.

For example: this Adobe XD web page has a background image (or DIV) that repeats on the x-axis no matter how wide the browser window is (dark gray, horizontal top-bar).

That feature would make the prototypes look as cloase as possible to what a web page would actually look in the wild.

Thank you!

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The method to set a Playback action appears quite complicated for many of my course attendees to grasp (setting the Artboard handle as a Timed animation with a Speech action) and definitely too difficult to discover. It even gets worse when they try to understand why to drag the handle from destination to source (as indicated in many Help files). Why not tell users to simply click the stub to invoke the heads-up display and get that initial confusion out of the way ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can we have a UX Plan (Like a Photographers plan Photoshop + Lightroom) so the App Designers / UX chaps can have Adobe Photoshop + Adobe XD Plan instead, as the great alternative to Sketch?

Thanks in advance for the consideration

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Since many enterprise apps today runs on bootstrap Grids, I felt it would be great to have featur in adobe xd.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If I want to replace an image underneath another object I cannot use drag and drop because it will replace the topmost object instead. Since there is no way to replace an image other than drag and drop (which itself is a serious shortcoming), you should be able to drop an image onto a layer in the layers panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. XD would be a lot more cross-platform friendly if is offered a DPI/PPI switch for font sizes.

For example, I'm mainly desinging for MicroStrategy platform which uses 96dpi to calculate font sizes. XD uses 72.

I've read there's a similar issue with Android development.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 8,057 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)