Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Will be very helpful to be able to place precisely the overlays with measurement informations, like in the design mode.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Objective

XD's mobile preview is less than ideal for larger organizations, due to the requirement that files must exist in Creative Cloud before the mobile app can access them. This causes friction where organizations have established file storage restrictions in services other than Creative Cloud (i.e. Google Drive, Box, etc.).

Business Case for Adobe

Rather than focusing on a tethered experience for Windows (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17453770-tethered-usb-mobile-device-preview-on-windows), I'd rather a better untethered experience that is platform agnostic, thus benefitting more users (at larger organizations) with less code.

Notes/Thoughts

The existing prototype publishing functionality currently uploads files to Adobe's servers and gives…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently when someone comments on a online prototype i get a notification through my create cloud. When i click on it it opens in a new window. But if a get multiple notifications I have to open up a new window, or search the screens for the comment.

Could we include a notifications dropdown in the online prototype to show new notifications. This would make the online prototypes friendlier to use, more efficient (especially when collaborating).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 从AI 画的效果不能完全到复制XD上 类似网格渐变

Admin note: this request is about simply importing the correct appearance from AI. If you want to create or edit this kind of gradient in XD, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/36364030-create-edit-freeform-gradients.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. An option to record the work progress (via a plugin) as timelapse.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. My work involves a lot of non-traditional input devices. From gamepads to custom industrial controllers. Being able to develop middleware on my end and communicate with, let's say, a websocket API into XD would allow for much wider usage at our studio.

Ex. Websockets, UDP or TCP to control prototype interaction.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would love to be able to navigate a voice prototype WITHOUT having to long press the screen. Having to interact with the screen in order to use voice defeats the purpose of voice prototyping.

I understand there may be privacy concerns, but perhaps there's an option where you can have voice "turned on" at the prototype level. Meaning as soon as you navigate to the prototype and open it, Adobe confirms that this prototype uses voice and that you as a user consent to the mic being turned on as long as particular prototype is open on the phone. If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I have used the new private prototype beta by accident, now I want to make it a public link but I am not able to. Several people are having difficulty accessing the prototype, but I have spent a long time adding comments if I make a new public link the comments are lost.

Dont see why it is not easy to just switch public or private on and off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The possibility to embed design specs, either with an embeddable code like the prototype or by removing the "X-Frame-Options DENY" header currently being sent.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I have an element selected, it would be great to apply one of my global colors to it with a keyboard shortcut. XD could give all my global colors a number from top to bottom and then I could reference it with ⌘⇧1 , ⌘⇧2 ... (just an example). In that case I can sort my global colors in the order I use them most and the shortcut automatically references the respective color. Optionally pressing ⌥ could change the border color.

This would save me a lot of mouse movement and time.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like to be able to define for overlays that they are open by default when I get to a page. That would enable me to close and reopen the overlay again without having to build another full page with the overlay in it (and I could use the overlay-specific animations rather than having to switch to a completely new page). The use case is a menu that stays open by default, but can be closed if the user wants to. If this is already possible, please let me know how, thx!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Frequently, when I'm just trying to drag and drop a small object, I end up accidentally resizing or transforming it. For example, notice in the attached file how small my target is if I just want to drag and drop. If SELECT were a different tool from RESIZE/TRANSFORM (like in Adobe Animate) this problem would be solved. The direct manipulation points are great when I need them, but get in the way when I don't.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please make able view recent opened files in Windows Timeline
    when i press Win+Tab.

Thanks in advance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Basically XD is a step in the right direction, but from our understanding it does not really support scripting such as JS or similar, and so we can only prototype using static images, instead of HTML5 code we want to use to test the overall look of the planned website.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Now I use photoshop to create a gradient image, but it would be much easier to implement a feature to add a gradient, with an image as a fill, instead of just a colour.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change the font-weight handling to numbers or identify the number associated with each weight. This is the standard implementation paradigm for developers and should be considered by the UX designers.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would really like the default transition for wires to be "None," not "Dissolve." I have almost never seen a real website or app or desktop software do page transitions with a dissolve transition, so I don't understand why it's the default transition. I have to change the transition from "Dissolve" to "None" every time I create a new project. I could be the only user who wants this, but I wanted to make this request.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I love Adobe XD, but this small interaction consistently drives me insane – and it is when you try to highlight any text within a text box and Adobe XD deselects what you're trying to highlight far too easily.

This routinely slows me down and I have to either perform the action slower or multiple times to maintain the selection.

I know it sounds minor in the grand scheme of things, but it's actually quite infuriating.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would love to be able to open XD files from other sources than Creative Cloud. At work we use Dropbox as our source of truth. It would be great to browse Dropbox or Files app on the iPad (and iPhone) and retrieve the prototype for testing it on a device. As for now I need to make a duplicate of my file and move it to Adobe CC to find it, it’s quite tedious.

I´m not talking about tethering, only being able to access files outside of Creative Cloud.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scroll direction isn't natural (see Mac OS Gestures x Google Maps ixd). If I hit Command and scroll up, the art board pulls toward me on screen. It should push away from me as I scroll up. Considering we're all interaction designers here, likely designing interactive experiences, this seemed like something you'd want to address in the XD experience or at least allow as a preference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →