Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It is terrible to re-type eg. font-size values using keyboard.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Hot Search/ Run:

http://goo.gl/S1VL26

Not only saves time, but also very much easy to use.
    Now a days, We(user) want "on hands".

Say if i'm half the way of designing any interface
    and trying to insert any symbol/ object/ element to particular place
    It would be obvious to go, search for "symbol, library panel" and then find the appropriate element like Large Button, Navigation.. and finally drag drop to the screen.

Instead we could search for what we want in a single interaction.
    If we are searching for it, We would have already created/ known about it. (Let it be…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The ability is lacking to organise your artboards into some kind of chronological order – specifically when exporting all as a single file pdf for proofing. Can we please have a palette of some kind (maybe that is visible from the Window drop-down (as in Illustrator) or a link near the new layers and symbols icons at the bottom of the tools left-hand menu?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. While a love Adobe products and am super excited to see XD and how it integrates with all the other programs I use on a daily basis, I have built a rather large custom library of components in Axure and would like to convert them over or use them in XD so I can start using it as a primary tool.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. I noticed that alt + scroll mouse to zoom has an inverted behavior from the existing paradigms that the rest of the creative suite (like Photoshop and Illustrator) set. For example: scrolling up zooms in within XD while it zooms out within PS/AI. The request is to make XD's scroll consistent with the paradigms the rest of the creative suite has set with mouse scroll zoom.

2. Inconsistent and unexpected feature behavior, especially when moving between PS/AI and XD.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export APK file...

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am always annoyingly clicking on the lock and show/hide buttons when working with the layers palette! I only work on my laptop, so real estate matters. I keep the layers palette narrow (the default setting), so when looking in a 4-deep nested group in a symbol, I hardly see the text description. And since those buttons don't appear until you hover over an object, I'm always accidentally locking my objects without actually selecting them as I intended.

Please consider moving them or floating them off the panel, perhaps only in a narrow view. Or letting me lock/hide them by…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be very beneficial to change the color of the bounding boxes. I am working on an application with a very similar shade of blue and it's incredibly difficult to see when I have selected things.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In repeating grids, it would be great if there was a way to adjust the position (x,y) of objects adjacent to text boxes based on the width and height of their content.

For example, designing a comments UI, it would be nice to have multiline text that varies from 1-5 lines that would push the elements below it to match the margins set in the original instance. So if you have a "reply" link below the multiline text it would move +y to match the intended layout.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great to be able to sort and maybe group artboards. I think it would make it easier to select the target artboard in prototyping mode if you were able to sort them, alphabetically or even group multiple artboards so that you wouldn't need to scroll through a long list of artboards just to find the one you would like to target. It would be really usefully especially when your XD project contains 60 or even 100 artboards. Imagine scrolling through a list of 100 artboards that isn't sorted?

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. One of my favourite features in Illustrator is that it rounds units to the nearest ten when using shift and clicking the up/down buttons or hitting the up/down keys.

Just to be 100% clear, I’m not talking about bumping up/down by exactly 10px like what Photoshop does. If a shape is 23 pixels wide and you hold shift and hit the up key while the width text box is focused, the shape will bump to 30 pixels, not 33 pixels. It’s glorious!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. This is a simple yet time saving feature. If you create a new shape holding down the shift-key the little "Lock Aspect" lock-icon should be locked.

Because in most of the time Users create shapes with shift to resize the width and hight at the sam time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A user adds a "Symbol Container" to an artboard.

The container is a searchable field and the user can do a search (in context) to find the symbol they need.

The search will auto-suggest the Symbol.

And show a thumbnail of the Symbol prior to selection.

The user selects a Symbo, which will 'load' into the container and resizes the container accordingly. The user could also change the Symbol by 'double clicking' the container to retype (with in the same container).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please implement a ‘Reset Bounding Box’ function for drawn vector shapes. They conflict with alignment and centring.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My team often needs a vision to start with, but also smaller increments for in between. It would be great to have the possibility to show the design roadmap to the devs / shareholders.

Some more detail:
    We will usually have a big idea, very rough on a sketch level - defined from user research etc. But to get to this point and to have it validated, we need to split it up in smaller increments.
    Now I just have an xd file called _vision, then another one _mvp or _mvp2 or _mvp3 ... you get it. It would be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatic update on Sharing URL when we made changes on mockup

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would work like in Illustrator: Select all text - press alt and either up or down arrows to increase or decrease the spacing. That is assuming there isn't shortcut keys already?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)