Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Design contradiction intelligence between devices & design approach

As a product manager, so far loving AXD & can't wait for few top feature requests like UI, Icon libraries etc. It has made prototyping so much faster.
    I would recommend, if a Product manager or designer picks a certain design template such as iOS flat design or Android Material Design then recommend or suggest possible issues across web vs mobile design during design mode. For e.g. width or placement of a grid element that is responsive, recommend best practices in design mode based on the device selected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prototype API - Access transitions, actions and targets for artboards and elements

I would love to be able to access information about a project prototype setup from the API. I'm building a tool for sketch currently that enables building sketch projects to functional web and mobile applications using webpack and react. The bit that is missing from sketch (possibly could come through SilverFlows) is info about relationships between views and how to transition. I see this being a very powerful API and certainly very useful for my own selfish needs.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. See a preview of the target artboard when drawing wires

When prototyping it is sometimes difficult to use the pick-whip to select the target screen if it is far away. The alternative is to choose the screen from the drop down menu, which I think works fine other than the fact that it requires you to be able to identify the screen is from the artboard name only. It would be helpful to see a preview of the artboard along with the name.

Additionally, it would be great if there was some visual cue as to what elements already have hotspots assigned to them. Right now it seems like you…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. File Properties for Imported Objects

A 'Properties' or Meta panel, different from a 'CSS' panel.

This panel would have information on imported or placed files and their attributes.

Files would have their source (src) property, original dimensions, size, etc. Maybe even a little thumbnail.

There would also be a way of changing the linked file, opening source file in associated software etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. XD vs Xd - XD looks like emoticon?

I don't know how about you guys, but each time I see XD like #AdobeXD on twitter etc. I think for like 0,1s about this crazy emoticon I was using a lot when I was young boy.

So then I decided to be serious and I was looking at this Adobe XD and tried to take it from branding perspective and even I thought it really looks good, but then, after few hours I've forgot about that, seen it again and again I thought about this crazy face.

Is it only me?

What you think about putting more pressure to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import photos from external services

Imported photos via Lightroom, google photos, dropbox as in Adobe Slate does.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Built-in file browser panel

Dropping images from Finder is cool, but it might not be tricky (especially if you've got single screen) to have Finder window and some element you want to have image applied visible at once.

Would be cool to have some kind of files browser inside XD

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share one 'cell' template across multiple Repeat Grids on different artboards

Create a 'repeat-grid cell template' that can be used on many artboards, or even on the same artboard where I need to separate them into categories. Edit the 'cell-template-A' and all repeat grids using that template update accordingly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prototyping: magnifying glass/loupe to help linking small elements

If I want to create a link from a small element like a menu item to another page, it is hard to accurately select the text and be zoomed out far enough to see the page I want to link to.

I know you can use the drop down to select the page, but if you want to do it visually it would be good if the area around the cursor would zoom like a loupe to enable easier selection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to create smaller files when recording a preview

Movie optimisation required, XD creating very heavy weight .mov file, its difficult to share in mail/ download from mail.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fade Mask ala Facebook Live Comments

I would like to see a gradient/fade mask feature, similar to how comments were being masked on Facebook Live and other live streaming apps.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keyboard shortcut for lock aspect

Please Make more hotkeys
    Lock aspect toggle
    and Color pick like in Photoshop [just press "I" and pick color]
    this really need for productivity while designing.

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 124 125 126 128 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base