Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Easily change link name in my Prototypes section in the Creative Cloud Account.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The slide transition (coming soon) with parallax effect looks sweet, but there may be cases where it is not desired, or will not work. I think it would be ideal if the slight parallax effect on slide was an option instead of being applied by default. Thanks!

[added clarification] Customer would prefer it if we had an option for the the background to stay static/not to move during the transition.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. All adobe products have at least basic hooks to get current file name or window properties. Personally I use these kind of applescript requests to keep track of what files are open and being worked on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I use it as my main color selector in photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export options should be more robust. I also find unwanted borders on some elements (a tile design with shadow) when exported to a PDF.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m separating out this feature to focus on PDF export issues, as we have many export option suggestions already in the system. I highly suggest you search for specific features you’re looking for in export.

Thanks,

-Elaine

6. For many of my clients with web based projects we'll use several control suites such as Telerik Kendo UI, DevExpress DevExtreme, jQuery UI, Bootstrap, or Infragistic controls. It would be stellar if we could import the control packages based on the provided JS and CSS in order to make use of those controls out of the box. An example of why this would be great is many of the controls in these suites might not be possible at all with XD... a progress bar, timer, data grid... but they're needed at times to display crucial UI elements.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. there is 'shadow' but that is only for the bottom of any object. please add outer/inner glow.
    otherwise- everything is amazing.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would be nice to be able to change images of repeat grid items. At the moment if I drag & drop on a repeat grid item, all instances will change …

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Here’s how it works currently:

• If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid where all grid cells show the same image, the image will change in all the grid cells.
    • If you drag multiple images onto a Repeat Grid, you will set up a repeating sequence of different images. For example, if I drag in 5 images at the same time, the first 5 grid cells will show different images and then the pattern will repeat (e.g. every 5th grid cell will show the same image).
    • If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid that already has a repeating sequence of images, you’ll replace all copies of the image you dropped onto. For example, if you had a sequence of 5 images repeated 3 times (15 total grid cells), and then you drop a single image onto one grid cell, you’ll see 3 copies of that…
  9. I share prototype sketches with developers in the team. Each time I update sketch I need somehow to inform them about that. I try to add version and timestamp so they can make sure they follow the latest revision.

Proposal: File > Export... > (Add timestamp / Version / Note)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Could be the most amazing tool for apps designers. How? Create a HTML, CSS and JavaScript code integration through widgets like Adobe Muse.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am extremely sorry, but sharing just a thought which may not part of this product, but might its related to all our UX designer thinking/ feelings. We are really sensitive about out creativity, and do not wanted to give up while its getting developed/ or do not wanted to depend on someone.

What if Adobe come up a complete end to end product for UX professional or UI experts, where they do not need to code a single line and create a complete product which will be a tough competition to XCODE or respective application.

May be the basic…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I need direct selection tool to adjust groups this way:
    1. I created rectangle and placed icon inside with 10px offset from right side.
    2. Grouping rectangle with icon.
    3. Now I want to resize this group and save 10px offset, but this offset changes proportionally.

I can easily do this in Ai using Direct Selection tool. So, add Direct Selection tool, please.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can direct select elements by holding CMD when clicking on items that are part of groups. Marquee selecting anchor points is landing very soon, so that you could select parts of your rectangle. Do you expect a different behavior? Did I understand your request right? Thanks for your feedback.

13. Being able to create alternating colors to rows or columns after using the repeat grid tool. Very useful for when creating tables that need visual separations between data.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Select All currently selects everything on every artboard. I'm not sure I would ever need that-- in fact it's potentially destructive. Select all should probably just apply to a single art board, with another item added to the menu (Select All Artboards).

Even better.. give us pages.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Instead of Drag / Drop images from outside of XD, an Image Library exists within XD similar to Illustrator. Images organized into named folders can be drag / drop into repeat grids, etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Since the art boards can be very very large having a mini pan and tap to zoom in / out window possibly on the right bottom side to navigate elegantly through the entire art board space would be convenient I believe.

as of now I have to use the little hand and move around on the art boards themselves in combination with the zoom out function.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In the process of exporting individual elements - there's no interface that lets you choose file type or any other settings. Also exporting overlapping design elements exports as tow image files. Would be nice to have an option to control that option.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It's easy to accidentally click on the label (i.e. iPhone 6) and move an artboard when working with design elements close to the boundaries.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice (besides animated gif`s) to view cinemagraph images. Advantage would be the low rate of MB’s and so acceptable up- and downloading times.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Whilst you guys do a great job discussing the major features in each Preview release, I'd really like to see detailed release notes that cover all of the fixes, tweaks and changes. For example, today, through trial, I found that you could edit individual character colours, which was a much requested feature here. However, there was no mention in your blog post. I think it's super important that every detail of a release is made public, so that we can give feedback, try new things and genuinely feel more involved.

As ever, Sketch do this really well: https://www.sketchapp.com/whats-new/ -- but…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)