Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Round to the nearest 10 pixels when using shift + up/down (like Illustrator)

One of my favourite features in Illustrator is that it rounds units to the nearest ten when using shift and clicking the up/down buttons or hitting the up/down keys.

Just to be 100% clear, I’m not talking about bumping up/down by exactly 10px like what Photoshop does. If a shape is 23 pixels wide and you hold shift and hit the up key while the width text box is focused, the shape will bump to 30 pixels, not 33 pixels. It’s glorious!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow control over whether or not the scroll position is maintained

app preview on iPad cannot back to the header

Hello,

When i install the adobe Xd app on the iPad, every artboard all scroll from the header to footer perfectly in first time. But, when i back to previous artboard, it will always start the scroll from the footer, not the header.

the bug only happens on the preview app, but not on the software of my laptop and the share link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently as designed, as we maintain the scroll position on mobile. I’ll change this to a feature request. Over time, we’ll be taking a look at allowing control over this over time.

Thanks,

-Elaine

3. Enable Applescript hooks

All adobe products have at least basic hooks to get current file name or window properties. Personally I use these kind of applescript requests to keep track of what files are open and being worked on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove automatic highlighting from "HEX" box in color picker after a color is chosen from saved swatches

Right now, when you open up the color picker, the "HEX" box is highlighted. I get it, it's so you can manually type a value or copy the existing value easily.

However, once you have selected a new color from a saved swatch, I think the automatic highlighting of the hex should be removed. That way, you could close the color menu by pressing "V" and returning to the regular "move" tool. Right now, I constantly type "V" to try and close the picker, but I end up typing "V"s in the hex box instead.

Honestly, if there was an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Horizontal-only-scale drag handle on short elements like text fields

This small but frustrating issue has been such a common recurring problem for me. See attached. I know if I made the field much taller, the horizonal drag/scale handle would appear, but text fields are always short, I'm always tweaking the length, and it seems like there's room to fit the handle. Why not have it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Drag objects to other XD files

I would like the ability to drag between different XD files without having to copy and paste.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Windows] Add F5 hotkey support for desktop preview

From Visual Studio to other known editors, it has been common feature that when pressing F5, the application will launch.

Why not add same key (F5) support to Adobe XD as well, that when pressing that key, the desktop preview will launch.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Symbol Search in Container

A user adds a "Symbol Container" to an artboard.

The container is a searchable field and the user can do a search (in context) to find the symbol they need.

The search will auto-suggest the Symbol.

And show a thumbnail of the Symbol prior to selection.

The user selects a Symbo, which will 'load' into the container and resizes the container accordingly. The user could also change the Symbol by 'double clicking' the container to retype (with in the same container).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Do not force updates

I was with a client to show them a prototype. When I opened Xd it demanded that I updated to the latest version. If I didn't it quitted. There was no option to use it without updating. Because there was no way for me to update during the meeting Xd put me in a really awkward position and I couldn't show my work.

Not cool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Trusted user testing group

I would like to have a way to invite trusted people to user test my prototypes; in fact, I would like to entrust this to a group of verified AdobeXD users. Instead of always trying to hunt down ways to user test on another platform and then get participants. I would like to turn to a set of UXers and ask for feedback. This could relate getting Adobe Points for being a tester and for providing feedback.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Indicate which artboard is currently active on mobile device in XD window

When users have their mobile device tethered to their machine via USB and are viewing a prototype on that device, as the user traverses through screens it would be helpful to indicate on the computer on the XD canvas which dartboard is currently being shown on the mobile device.

This would be to help track screen flow as you click through a complex prototype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow multi-selection of an object in a symbol and an object outside of a symbol

I can't select those two objects (Attachment / Red dots). The reason I want to select them is because I want to align them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Do not change layers view on deselect

I find it highly irritating that the Layer-Mode always collapses/closes the Artboard if you click outside of it.

Some people are used to click outside the artboard to deselect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Duplicate locked layers (Cmd + D)

Make it possible to duplicate locked layers please.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatically lock shape aspects if you create an shape holding shift

This is a simple yet time saving feature. If you create a new shape holding down the shift-key the little "Lock Aspect" lock-icon should be locked.

Because in most of the time Users create shapes with shift to resize the width and hight at the sam time.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create Symbol toolbar button for quick access

It would be a great time saver to click on a layer and than on a "Create Symbol" button, instead of having to right-click or to switch to the "Symbol-mode"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export artboard (as PDF) with 'extra space' added to the artboard edge

When exporting an Artboard (as PDF) I would like an option for the artboard to be exported with extra space added to the edges, such as 400 pixels or "Export to an A4 size page set up".

Also, add Header (Name of Artboard) and Footer details (Designer name and date, etc).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unwanted artifacts on PDF Exports

Export options should be more robust. I also find unwanted borders on some elements (a tile design with shadow) when exported to a PDF.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m separating out this feature to focus on PDF export issues, as we have many export option suggestions already in the system. I highly suggest you search for specific features you’re looking for in export.

Thanks,

-Elaine

19. Placing multiple images like in indesign

It would be great if you could just drag multiple images into XD and place them one by one onto shapes (like in indesign)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Maintain scale when dragging symbol from panel

v 0.6.2.7

-when placing a symbol, the scale is not always correct, so I drag and drop from the symbols menu/bar, and sometimes the scale is ~70%.

So when I release, and "place" the symbol, it grows, and isn't placed correctly, requiring me to re-select, and then re-place the symbol. Not a huge problem, but feels like an inconsistent experience, buggy, and was probably just an oversight.

Symbols should always come off the menu bar @ 100% scale, so I only have to select and place it once.

https://youtu.be/qXRQ8-WtlOM

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base