Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Saw Talin Wadsworth talked about the recolor feature and it looks like an amazing feature to have.

Imagine instantly changing the color scheme of the UI just by choosing the colors from www.colors.adobe.com to show the client without manually changing the colors.

https://youtu.be/ipbqQSIPSZ8?t=10m20s

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When you import an image into XD it will manually be placed into an artboard with the same dimensions.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be great if I could give a artboard a device that is connected, so I can preview iPhone artboards on my connected iPhone, same for my iPad and so on. That would work pretty well with multiple device setups.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When your paragraph is center aligned but there is a space in the end of the line, InDesign can justify the paragraph optically, so that the empty space is neglected.

On the other hand PS, AI, AE and now Xd make use of that empty space and the visible text will not be centered. That's just stupid, right?

Make all the type settings as clever as ID, which is obviously the only app with professional understanding of type. Thanks!

XD is super great and I can't wait for it to develop!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When attempting to use repeat grid to create column guides for responsive themes, I found that it is not possible to snap to fractional x or y values. This means that if a column is a fraction, you have two problems.

First, when creating your repeat grid, you create the first column of (say) 67.5 px width. Then you create your second column of 30px and try to snap it up to the right side of the first column. It unfortunately will be .5 px to the right of the boundary instead.
    OK, fine, to remedy, I simply shave off…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Each web page is applied multiple font families in CSS file in general, and it lets a browser on its OS read corresponding font family based on the order of font family.

On Mac OS, Windows, iOS and Android, installed font families are different from each other, and some letters in languages (e.g. Japanese on Reference1.png captured on Android app) seems to cause being garbled.

If multiple font family is able to apply, it'd be great especially when the prototype is reviewed by multiple OS / devices. My idea would be attached as Reference2.png.

How would you think?

Thanks!
    Kei

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The default background color should be a mid-tone gray and not black. It is against a midtone gray that color can be most accurately assessed. Of course the preferences should remain that one can change it but default black makes little sense for a designer or artist for whom color needs to be accurate.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would be great if you could add this feature from Illustrator (Ctrl + D), it's a very handy thing even to have... wish i had it in Photoshop

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It is often necessary to publish several versions of the same design for user testing sessions. The idea would be to define artboards basically dynamic in the workflow to export the number of versions (A / B) of the prototype.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I am often working off screen shots of our existing products. I would like to use magic wand to change the color of particular elements of the UI. I would also like to be able to select a UI item from the screen shot and cut and paste in in order to move it.

Also: Quick remove white background from images (erase opaque pixels to create transparent background)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reduce number of lines between linked artboards: (when an entire artboard is selected or you select all)

when two artboards link to each other, instead of having two, three or four lines, have one line (with two or more arrows or another color) to show the two or more links.

This makes it easier to get an overview of the entire applications dartboard links (app/site structure)

Its the smallest things that makes a great and intuitive workflow

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. is the best way for designing fast where there's a ready widget for use immediately, edit it and go not only the common need like slide menu, dropdowns, inputs..etc
    but also widget for bootstrap, fontawesome, fixed header, mobile screen (elements, icons, btns...etc).... i'm here not meaning UiKit where it's now in XD NO, i mean widget on the left side of screen drag and drop inside the artboard edit and go

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Surface Book has an additional GPU in the keyboard to accelerate apps like the ones part of Adobe Creative Cloud.

This helps a lot when doing rendering work that the tablet's Intel default GPU handles but not gracefully.

Would be great if XD could handle that same way as Photoshop etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would love it if the color palette automatically turns into a color picker if you move your mouse outside of the color box (like it does in photoshop). It's so much quicker and easier to select colors that way.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be helpful if we could make a new symbol from multiples of the same object - for instance, you've got a button or icon that is exactly the same, but you've got 10 of them in use already. It would be great if you could 'symbol-ize' one of them and have it work on all instances.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Anybody working in this field knows the "randomuser.me" web service.
    Randomuser.me service is an essential tool for automatic User assets generation.
    AdobeXD should integrate it. It is has simple API, and it is free.
    This would make out lives much easier. Manually creating users profiles every time is something that can make a designer cry...

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We like to share our design with others so that they can interact with it, they can install Adobe XD Mirror on their device and we can send them the file with .xd extension. (like principle in "Sharing an interactive design": http://principleformac.com/docs.html#faq)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow to resize shapes using cmd+arrows. It's one of the best Sketch features, it's really useful for pixel perfecting.

Cmd-up arrow to increase height, Cmd-down to decrease height.
    Cmd-right increases width, Cmd-left decreases width.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Similar to Microsoft visio this feature will give users the Ability to make interaction points explaining functionality in the prototype. The user will be able to draw an arrow pointing at the element linking to the dialog box. A dialog box will give user info on functionality or explain Interaction point.
    This feature will show in prototype mode and give the option to enable in share prototype mode.

As a user, I can draw an interaction box.
    As a user, I can link interaction box to shape/element/ect.
    As a user, I can choose to enable this when I share a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A quick toggle for pixel preview would be much appreciated. Just like the one in Adobe Illustrator.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)