Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I wish there was a way to change the default drop shadow setting.

I'm in a project now where I decided to add a dropshadow to a number of boxes that are already made on my project. I have to go in and fill in the drop shadow settings every time because they default back to: X:0 Y:3 B:6, which aren't the settings im using.

Thanks!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. To speed up work with text in few columns — just like in InDesign

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please add the option to import and use svg animated icons and buttons in the layout, with the animate on click option. This would make very easy to makeup prototypes of UI components.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The ability to add a gradient instead of the solid color option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Would like to be able to export Illustrator Symbols to Xd. Also manage the symbol Library in Xd like in AI.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be really helpful if they incorporate a third wireframe option along side design and prototype. May be they can change the Design label to Mockup. This will be a great help for both UX and UI Designers .

Then later wireframes could have stencils that designers can use to quickly wireframe the app or page. The whole process can be a collaborative i.e. the wireframes --> Mockups --> Prototype and export the prototype or video.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As a Designer I want to create more complex shapes quickly. To align vectors in a vector shape I want to apply alignment or distribution to selected set of vectors or a singe vector to quickly create correct and precise shapes.

In short - provide the alignment / distribution also for single or a selection of vectors.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I've been using XD with a wacom tablet (Intuos 5) for several weeks and I have the same problem as with other design software: the pen input is too sensitive to movement!
    Often times I click with the pen to select an object and I accidentally move it at the same time (a few pixels) which is really annoying and sometimes I don't even notice it if I've very zoomed out.
    In Paint Tool SAI, which ironic is not even a design tool, there's an intentional lag snap when dragging stuff so you don't move things accidentally. Maybe something like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I think it would be extremely convenient and natural to have a Move... command for objects, exactly like the Object > Transform> Move... command in Illustrator and Indesign. I use that command A LOT in those programs and wish it was available in Experience Design.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice if the creator (sharer) of the prototype could add footnotes to the shared prototype, separate from the comments.

eg. if there is a conditional object. this hypothetical object on the page should only be there when the user has a message, I'd like to be able to add a footnote to inform the shareholders on this condition. Footnotes would be used for these function-specific notes, and comments would be used for feedback and discussion.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We use the SVG output of AdobeXD to build our websites faster. But the only problem is the lack of meaningful names of the SVG elements in the exported file. It should be very helpful to name any element or group inside AdobeXD and preserve that name as svg id when exporting to svg. Including color and gradient names, repeaters names and interactive click spots.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great to have another section for Artboard presets that are your own. I have a few sizes I like to use that are not a preset and would be great if I could define my own name them and have a category of most used or user defined. Maybe Just a My category for presets. Thanks much I am loving this app a great deal keep up the awesome work!

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add xCode export to the list of functions... great for informative apps

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you tell us more about how you’d like this to work? Do you want XD to export image assets and insert them directly into the correct folders/filenames in an existing Xcode project? Or do you want XD to generate Objective-C / Swift code to create a brand new Xcode project?

16. Always in a spirit to save time, it will be great to coloring monochrome bitmap with pipette without Photoshop.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This is a simple but yet an annoying issue. Right now, newly created artboards will stack upon each other, with the newest artboard appearing on the top. So for example if you create 5 artboards, they're nicely in order, from left to right in the viewfinder (1-5), but in the layer panel they're in the opposite order (5-1). Why is this good?

I understand that new layers should always appear on top but don't find this logic to apply for artboards. So if there would be a way to change that according to preference that would be great.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The current Artboard grid does not allow for offsetting. This means if you wish the grid to start at a particular x-offset or y-offset you are out of luck.

e.g. if you are designing UI for the iPhone 7 at 375pt width, and you wish to use an 8pt grid, 375 does not divide neatly into 8 and therefore you may wish to add a left margin of 4pt and a right margin of 3pt. Also, you may decide that you wish your 8 pt grid to align vertically to the text in the status bar, so wish to offset…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)