Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Command-Click the icon and file name in a window's title bar to reveal the full path as a menu like an other mostly OSX app

Or just add an Right-click on the file name in the window bar like photoshop opens a menu with the option reveal in finder

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Sketch includes a cool feature which let you have a background color on your artboard (like the fill setting on artboards in XD), but it also has a setting to Include or not this color on the export. (see attached screenshot)

This let us define a background color to work on our design, like when we design an icon, but when exporting the background is transparent.

This could be expanded to layers by adding a setting "Include in export" checked by default, so we can filter layers when exporting. As an example, when designing an app icon, i could add…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. while drawing shapes it would be helpful to see the dimensions in close proximity to the shape being drawn

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Here my idea for exporting asset that I call Asset Mode.
    Workflow:
    1. Choose Assets you want to export in Design Mode by right click > Send to Assets
    2. Switch to Asset Mode
    3. Change wifth, heigh, position, background of assets
    4. Choose scales (1x, 2x,...)
    5. Export
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWa0Z-qke5g&feature=youtu.be
    XD Prototype: http://adobe.ly/1O438HI

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great to have the ability to 'detach' / 'tear off' the properties panel from Xd to accommodate use on multiple displays. (Like Ps panels)

This would give us more room to work and use all panels etc. on a second screen or even allow for floating panels.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Help us quickly get from concept to working prototype for our Windows 10/HoloLens/WinPhone/Xbox apps by streamlining created content from XD to XAML.

Add support for exporting (or copying to clipboard) XAML. Make it intelligent enough to convert things like repeat grids to GridViews.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There are not many professionals who like the creative cloud. It's cumbersome, awkward to use, not user friendly and slow. It's like the UI for the Typekit website - not fit for purpose. For some of the exciting features you have shown at MAX, history states and multi-user document access, please don't tie these to Creative cloud. Don't let 'Adobe' bully you into using legacy frameworks to support innovation. A lot of pro users will want to decide the place they write data to or use their own cloud service. For example, some of the worst performance I have seen…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When in Preview mode, the ability to quickly go to content currently displayed in the Preview window would be greatly beneficial.

Let's say you're in Preview Mode. Clicking through the screens, you noticed that there is something that needs to be fixed within one of the artboards.

To make the fix, you have to currently close the Preview window, then navigate to the relevant artboard and make the change. For complex documents, this may require a good deal of hunting.

It would make an easier workflow to have an option to go to the current artboard in the preview window…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It took me a while to figure out where the pan command was for mouse users. It's difficult to discover and remember.

WAS:
    It would be amazing to have an intuitive way to navigate around your artboards when you are trying to create something. Every time I open up Xd I am stuck trying to figure out how to look at my boards. Relearning that over and over (at the moment I still don't know) is tedious and frustrating.

At first, I couldn't see the first artboard fully until I used the magnifying glass. Now I can't get to the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Wouldn't be easy if I were select similar object like Adobe Illustrator does?

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to get semi-random images in grids using adobe stock images. I would type some keywords like "nature" and "hiking" and it would automatically fill other grid elements with similar photos.

Maybe it could be done for single images too like this:

1. select shape
    2. click insert image (in appearance)
    3. choose source (adobe stock)
    4. type keywords
    5. select image

and if it's grid it selects similar images.

It could speed up design process when you need to quickly get dozen of related photos.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The new layer's function is great! But in order to locate one of the generic named layers on the canvas it would be great if the associated element would be highlighted in some way, when hovering over the list-item in the layers gap.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Text properties has been greatly improved with individual portion styling in May update, including colours in the fresh June update.

However, the individual formatting doesn't conform to text files that are dragged into a text box in Repeat Grids mode (unless the number of characters in each word is matching exactly, see attachment ‘DragDropFormatting’).

I would love to see a feature in the future that lets you set up spacing margins between text boxes that are meant for ‘drag and drop’ text files. This lets you use individual styling for each box and keep the spacing consistent. See attachment ‘TextBoxMarginsHorizontal’

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If you've changed numerous assets you should be able to hit export and by default it will reexport them all to the same location as before, like Sketch's "Make Exportable" feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. You've just selected an object (or group of objects) and want to try out different fill and/or border colors, but you want to use the eyedropper tool to pick up colors from your design, or a photo.

Wouldn't it be cool if, as you're hovering the eyedropper, your selection gave you a real-time "clean" preview? By clean I mean without the selection UI around it (the green transparent outline and white handles).

(Originally: "Clean", live update of object as eyedropper is being used to select new Fill/Border color)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SVG export should emulate Sketch's exporting SVG code (with accompanying height and width attributes included natively). Not as it currently does without height and width. This should also be changed in Illustrator too.

• Set height
    • Set width
    • Address color shift
    24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve updated this idea with the specific callouts for height/width support and addressing the color shift. It’s possible we might need to split this story up in the future, but I’m leaving it this way for now.

-Elaine

17. I'd like the possibility of grouping together fonts I use.

Most of the fonts that XD comes with are junk, never to be really used.
    There's no way for fonts I really DO use to stand out in the font selection panel.
    eg:

My hi-fidelity UI fonts KIT, my wireframing fonts, Serif/Sans Serif, etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'm currently testing one of my designs in XD.

I've shared my design with some users so they could leave their feedback by using the comment en pin tool.
    Those comments are visible for everyone what could influence the users comments by reading other users comments.

I think i would be great if the owner can decide whom can view the comments and mark them as invisible when desired.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The option to change the (global) background from grey to any color that fits to my design

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)