Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. is the best way for designing fast where there's a ready widget for use immediately, edit it and go not only the common need like slide menu, dropdowns, inputs..etc
    but also widget for bootstrap, fontawesome, fixed header, mobile screen (elements, icons, btns...etc).... i'm here not meaning UiKit where it's now in XD NO, i mean widget on the left side of screen drag and drop inside the artboard edit and go

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Seperate opacity of border, area/fill and image inside the frame. So I can set the image to 80% and with the black fill it will be shaded/darkened but the white boarder is still white and has no opacity!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be amazing to option+drag an item in the Layer's Panel. I find myself wanting to duplicate something by dragging from one folder (or symbol) to another.

At the moment I can't even drag an item out of a Symbol into another folder or layer in the Layer's panel.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. One of my favourite features in Illustrator is that it rounds units to the nearest ten when using shift and clicking the up/down buttons or hitting the up/down keys.

Just to be 100% clear, I’m not talking about bumping up/down by exactly 10px like what Photoshop does. If a shape is 23 pixels wide and you hold shift and hit the up key while the width text box is focused, the shape will bump to 30 pixels, not 33 pixels. It’s glorious!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. hi,

Xd allows to us to make some basic symbols, it would be very usefull to be able to export those symbols individually out of XD.
    It would speed up my process from designing website to putting img in html.

[clarified after responses]

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Text comes in 2 modes: line or bloc. The particularity of the line mode is that the size is dynamic.

When creating a Repeat grid with a text line, it would be uber cool that if we change the replicas content, the gutter applies on the new text width, which is best for classic inline items (menu, breadcrumb, …).

For now, the gutter adapts to the largest item.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1,046 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As a Designer I want to create more complex shapes quickly. To align vectors in a vector shape I want to apply alignment or distribution to selected set of vectors or a singe vector to quickly create correct and precise shapes.

In short - provide the alignment / distribution also for single or a selection of vectors.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. At the moment if you mask some layers or a group of layers (Mask with shape) you are not able to reorder them. They become locked, not it terms of repositioning them but your are not able to reorder them on the layer level. Right click and "Bring to front" etc. works though.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You've just selected an object (or group of objects) and want to try out different fill and/or border colors, but you want to use the eyedropper tool to pick up colors from your design, or a photo.

Wouldn't it be cool if, as you're hovering the eyedropper, your selection gave you a real-time "clean" preview? By clean I mean without the selection UI around it (the green transparent outline and white handles).

(Originally: "Clean", live update of object as eyedropper is being used to select new Fill/Border color)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The idea is to be able to leverage content already on the web via a URL, for prototyping purposes.

It could be as simple as the following:

1. Add a new "Web container" type of object
    2. Double-click for a popup asking for the URL, press enter

The content could load right away. Xd could take a snapshot of it so that it doesn't slow things down in Design mode, but in Proto mode it would of course show live content.

There would also be more options, like enabling/disabling vertical and horizontal scrolling for the container.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I love that the Xd team values the designer's flow, so that the designer can work as efficiently as possible, without the tool getting in the way.

Setting colors is a perfect case study for this. There's nothing more flow-breaking than having to go fetch something in the toolbar, especially with a common operation like setting colors.

Needless to say it would be "un-Xd" not to have intuitive, flow-friendly keyboard shortcuts for these operations... so, here are some ideas:

If using straight keyboard keys:

"i" to activate the Fill eyedropper
    "b" to activate the Border eyedropper

Ctrl+i to remove Fill…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I use it as my main color selector in photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. select-tool can't grab a group of outline objects without zooming in
    in indesign or illustrator this is much easier....

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Percentage calculated border sweep around shape

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When objects are in a group smart guides do not show up for those objects, only the group. It makes it hard to keep an artboard organized, no objects you want to align other objects to can be in groups.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Each web page is applied multiple font families in CSS file in general, and it lets a browser on its OS read corresponding font family based on the order of font family.

On Mac OS, Windows, iOS and Android, installed font families are different from each other, and some letters in languages (e.g. Japanese on Reference1.png captured on Android app) seems to cause being garbled.

If multiple font family is able to apply, it'd be great especially when the prototype is reviewed by multiple OS / devices. My idea would be attached as Reference2.png.

How would you think?

Thanks!
    Kei

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It may be helpful to see which text objects are point versus area at a glance in the layers panel.

Just a thought.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Subform allows a designer to design on 1 art and it will translate to ALL sizes without having to manually resize for every viewport.

That is dope! You guys need to get on that.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. (Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)
    I've seen newer implementation of the Zoom tool updated for the Mac version.

However I don't think I've seen "Scrubby Zoom" implemented.

Currently many users don't use a track pad. Using a marque selection is a slower multi-step process to zoom. Using the mouse wheel to zoom also isn't nowhere as fast as the Photoshop's "Scrubby Zoom".

To see what I mean in Photoshop (Windows keyboard shortcut), hold CTRL + Space Bar, and use your mouse to left click & hold, and move from left to right. You'll see your document scrubby zoom, in…

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)