Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Make it possible to duplicate locked layers please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. In repeating grids, it would be great if there was a way to adjust the position (x,y) of objects adjacent to text boxes based on the width and height of their content.

For example, designing a comments UI, it would be nice to have multiline text that varies from 1-5 lines that would push the elements below it to match the margins set in the original instance. So if you have a "reply" link below the multiline text it would move +y to match the intended layout.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. For many of my clients with web based projects we'll use several control suites such as Telerik Kendo UI, DevExpress DevExtreme, jQuery UI, Bootstrap, or Infragistic controls. It would be stellar if we could import the control packages based on the provided JS and CSS in order to make use of those controls out of the box. An example of why this would be great is many of the controls in these suites might not be possible at all with XD... a progress bar, timer, data grid... but they're needed at times to display crucial UI elements.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add the ability to embed tooltips and/or annotations on design so that when a user is interacting with your prototype and hits a "hotspot" a tooltip or annotation appears.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I often use the angle values to rotate my gradients—most often from 0 to 90 (to switch between vertical gradients to horizontal ones). I know this can be accomplished by dragging the on-canvas gradient editor segment, but it slows down my workflow trying to get the end points to align on the x or y axis perfectly. Even if you could hold shift while moving the end points so it snaps to the 45, 90, etc. angles, that would be a huge help.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 314 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Whenever I give my design to developers, they always want the pixel measurements in whole numbers and not numbers with decimals. I always have to round the number for each element I drew. Very tedious process.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to right-click to swap Symbols in Design mode
    Or replace selected artwork with an existing Symbol

This request does NOT cover nested-symbol overrides (swapping an inner symbol differently in each copy of an outer symbol). For that, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19592509-nested-symbol-overrides

286 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support the ability to enter a x, y, width or height in physical units (mm,cm,inches,pts...)

The ability to create shapes that are physically sized. For example, creating a square 1"x1", when view on an iPad, it is 1" x 1". Also it would be nice to see those physical measurements.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I need Font Awesome icons, I have to go and create them in Illustrator, rasterise them and import them into XD.
    My FontAwesome ttf font family appears in the font list but it doesn't work (not applied to selection).
    Ideally I would want to select FontAwesome from the font list (or as a glyph), type it, and rasterise/vectorise it.

513 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When an accessible application is being developed, the designer needs to deliver accessibility information to the developers. For example, a designer wants to create the tab orders, keyboard specs, and ARIA Region information.

Deigners currently use makeshift tools to create these specs and would benefit from functionality embedded in this wonderful tool.

This may simply be an addition to the wildy popular "Generate specs / measurements / style guide for developers."

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pls add options like in photoshop for layers, small/mid/big. And change layer panel size horizontally.

Now it so small text size.

Thx for your work! like your app!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability is lacking to organise your artboards into some kind of chronological order – specifically when exporting all as a single file pdf for proofing. Can we please have a palette of some kind (maybe that is visible from the Window drop-down (as in Illustrator) or a link near the new layers and symbols icons at the bottom of the tools left-hand menu?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sorry if this request is already listed. Could not find it listed amongst the requests.

I absolutely LOVE how you can rearrange your artboards in Illustrator, and even adjust the layout order, columns or spacing between artboards (See attached screenshot).

It really neatens up the workspace, and it makes use of the artboard 'alpha number' instead of the artboards name when rearranging (allowing me to name my artboards whatever I like).

Would love to have a 'sorting' feature like that in Adobe XD please!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Overlaying a text box on top of another pre-existing image to copy styles requires you to see what underneath the text while you are changing leading values. Have the highlight state semi-transparent ( or fully) like Sketch/other apps do.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. while drawing shapes it would be helpful to see the dimensions in close proximity to the shape being drawn

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The new layer's function is great! But in order to locate one of the generic named layers on the canvas it would be great if the associated element would be highlighted in some way, when hovering over the list-item in the layers gap.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We need the usual suite of typography shortcuts such as CMD + SHIFT + C for centre, CMD + SHIFT + L for left etc

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For the design I use InDesign as InDesign is much more powerful as XD. I export my Designs as PNG and import those PNGs in XD to create linked artboards for customer presentations.

It would be very much needed to have extern links (as in InDesign) pointing to those PNGs. Each time I update my Design in InDesign and export automated all PNGs all screens in XD would also be updated. I conceptualize webprojects with more than 200+ screens and this would speed up prototyping tremendously.

Anyway XD rules – really like it – just miss this killer feature!

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Okay, so I’m trying to understand here. By looking up documentation, I see that you can place images in your file and link them to an image on your file system, so not embedding them in the file. (I’m assuming you’re not talking about inserting links to images on the Internet via URLs.) When the document opens, it loads up the image and places it in. In some apps, updating the file on the file system will update the image automatically without any intervention, and in other apps, changing it on the file system won’t update until you either manually refresh or relaunch the app.

This scenario is what I was defining as “dynamic linking.” Smart Objects (as I’m defining them in my head) are elements that are in a CC file format (like Photoshop or Illustrator). Am I misunderstanding your request for external links?

Thanks,

-Elaine

20. Currently I can only select colors using Hue. If I want to adjust the brightness of a color I need to use the numeric input. It would be nice to allow users to adjust Hue, Saturation, and Brightness visually, similar to the way Photoshop works.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)