Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Completion hints to help designers name objects/layers

I know Layer Panel is on the way so I hope this idea will help.

Naming Layer is still one of the worst nightmare. We forget to name layer and group all the time. We need good naming for organizing and exporting assets but with hundred of layers after the design done, we just cannot complete this task well.

So I think you should make a new kind of naming process to encourage designers do it as an important part of their routine.

My idea is a naming box appearing after we add an vector, bitmap or a shape. The…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UI Kit Object Panel

Having the UI Kits (and hopefully in the future customs ones as well) is great. But now you have to open a separate file, select what you want, copy it, go back, paste it.. If there could be a (sidebar) panel with all these loose elements as a library that you could just drag in... That would be amazing!

Thanks.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Em values for font sizes and line spacing

Em values allows me to set relative values for font sizes and line spacing in a way that the line spacing is always relative and proportional to the font size. This is a great time saver.

Please take a look at Typecast, you can set it in px and/or em. Amazingly flexible.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mini navigator view - Pan & tap to zoom window in/out

Since the art boards can be very very large having a mini pan and tap to zoom in / out window possibly on the right bottom side to navigate elegantly through the entire art board space would be convenient I believe.

as of now I have to use the little hand and move around on the art boards themselves in combination with the zoom out function.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change spacing between objects/artboards by dragging (like Repeat Grid spacing)

Upon selecting multiple objects, have a key combination / tool that enables us to resize the spacing between objects rather than the objects themselves. For example, three aligned, ungrouped, circles, when resized horizontaly would increase the spacing between them, rather than making them eliptical.
    This behaviour already occurs when those objects are text boxes, so I think it would be useful having it for everything else.

For me, this would save time when I need to align or distribute multiple different objects across the artboard ( for example, a set of vector icons ) which don't work with the repeating…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove spaces from Artboard name when duplicating

When drag-copying dartboards to create new ones, a 'space-hypehn-space-number' is added to the name. These spaces carry over to the exported files. Obviously this is not good practice as spaces should be used in files intended for web use. Are you planning on removing these in a future update?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change orientation of property inspector W/H/X/Y

This is very hard to describe in words so please see the screenshot.

Essentially, let's put WIDTH and HEIGHT side by side in the toolbar interface, and below that, place X and Y coordinates side by side.

Further, please add the coordinate origin (that little thing that defines where on the object the X and Y coordinates are referencing. The absence of this is a major frustration for me in Sketch and Keynote. (perhaps a power feature, but standard in Adobe apps)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use webfonts without manually installing font locally

I would like to use icon libraries (web fonts) without to install them as fonts in my system. For that it would be great to have the option to use all icons of a downloaded "woff-file" i.e. from the following sites and embed them into the xd project:

materialdesignicons.com
    flaticon.com
    Google Web Fonts
    FontAwesome

788 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Slice elements when exporting jpegs/pngs

Slice out elements from xd to make jpegs/pngs other files

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tab Button should indent text

The tab button on a keyboard doesn't indent text like it would in every other text tool in adobe suite.

please make the tab button indent paragraph text.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support integration with InCopy

The idea behind InCopy was always an awesome one for print layouts. It never really took off in InDesign's web mode, because using InDesign for mobile application development is a bit like running a marathon in hiking boots.

There is still a huge use case for integrating real copy with the design process. It would be awesome if we had a way to do that. Is there any chance that we might be able to get a creative cloud integration between XD and Adobe's primary copywriting tool?

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Some SVG gradients are missing

SVG gradients are not rendered correctly when importing this image in AdobeXD.
    See the reference file with embedded bitmaps to see how it is rendered compared to how it should be rendered.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a background color to the active tool in the toolbar

When you select the rectangle, ellipse or line tool, the 1px outline goes blue to show it is selected and active. It would be nice to also slightly darken/lighten the background color of the selected tool too just to show contrast as the 1px blue is too subtle, I have to click twice to be sure my selected tool is actually active.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sketchy/squiggly looking borders for early wireframes (hand-drawn, napkin sketch look)

Have the ability to set the global borders thicker and sketchy/squiggly looking. It sounds slightly ridiculous (although very true), but every time I showcased wireframes with squiggly lines at stake holder meetings/reviews/etc, people have a better tendency to understand that it's work in progress and focus more on the core issues at hand.

When the lines are straight, comments regarding spacing, type, color, copy tend more to be part of the conversation and it's a constant battle to remind people that these are still work in progress.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Offset Paths (like in AI): expand/contract path

At JBF Sports, we have been creating stickers in AI: using the Offset Path under Object, we can take the initial shape and offset the path which I then fill with white to create the exact shape of that sticker.

We are slowly moving into Xd to be able to export our assets quickly in svg and png.

other keywords: grow path, shrink path

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Restrict to designing purely with CSS styles/properties, match browser's rendering appearance

As has been noted for this to be a good web app it will need to fully embrace css and render it accurately.

However some display capabilities would inevitably require special markup, complex css constructs, javascript etc... in development that would be beyond the scope of this program if this is to remain a pure design app.

Therefore it would be useful to tag objects or artboards to display in strict mode - exactly according to css properties - or to display in lets say design mode to allow freeform placement of objects which would require additional markup in development…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Find and Replace - Text

It would be great to have a generic "find and replace" inside the edit menu like most text editors have. What would be even better is if you could select the find and replace function to use the current art board, or all art boards. This is super helpful if you're mocking up redundant content that has a slight name change between screens.

755 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Browser font preview

Being able to see fonts exactly how they look in a web browser is crucial. I would love to have a preview mode that allow this.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Simple layer slider/scrubber to control Z order - like Adobe Comp

Maybe something like Abobe Comp is enough. It is very simple and useful

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Import animated SVG icons and buttons

Please add the option to import and use svg animated icons and buttons in the layout, with the animate on click option. This would make very easy to makeup prototypes of UI components.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base