Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Snap objects to artboard scrolling/viewport fold line

I would love to have objects snap to the fold line. Currently i'm moving my footer around a lot because we don't have any sticky footers (yet?) and I always need to zoom in to make sure its on the actual fold line.

Or whenever I resize my canvas back to the actual height of the fold line I need to either enter the height or make sure I drag it to the pixel perfect location.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gradient color swatches in color picker popup

Thanks for adding gradients !
    Right now, we can add colours to our 'favourites' with the + button, could we also save gradients when in the gradient tool?

Something really nice too would be to allow the pipette to pick the gradient of a shape/artboard.

These too would save a lot of time !!

555 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While XD doesn’t yet have this feature to save gradients in the color picker popup’s swatches, you do have several other options today:

- Store gradients in the Assets panel swatches: open the Assets panel on the left side (View > Assets), and click the “+” next to Colors. Then select any other object and click the gradient swatch to apply it to that object.

- Copy gradient fills between objects: use regular Copy on the source object, then select the destination object and choose Paste Appearance.

3. When creating a text field, automatically fill it with lorem ipsum.

Well, just as the title says. When selecting a text field and dragging across an art board, fill it with lorem ipsum automatically. If you don't need a dummy text - simply start writing to overwrite it. Would make prototyping text rich websites much faster.

545 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  30 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Zoom in the Preview Window

The Preview window is a great way of navigating through a design/flow, especially since the window is minimal and works great with my iOS mirroring software (xScope from Panic).

However, there's no way to affect the level of zoom in the preview window. Preferably, I'd like to set the zoom to 200%, 300%,or 50% (or reset it to 100%). This would make the mirror on my iOS device pixel perfect at 200% (Retina).

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1,688 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

400 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Function: "Quick Menu from Text Paragraph"

when you have a paragraph of vertical text or a list of items if you click the right button of the Might Mouse separate each paragraph break or line break in a menu item, then it would be a ready to use menu and could be edited separately as if it were a menu created from different text boxes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring JPG in as 1:1 instead of halving it

Don't assume imported JPEG images are 2x high DPI

Hello,

I have the problem, when I import a picture that the initial size is not the same like the original picture. In the video attached you can see it.
    For some reason, the bug does not occur with every picture. But the video shows you that it exists.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When you import a JPEG image, we assume you’re bringing in a 2x-resolution image to support high-DPI (Retina) screens. Since you typically design at 1x scale in XD, the correct thing to do in that case is resize the image to 50% of its original size.

If you’re using lower-DPI image assets, then currently you’ll have to manually resize the image back to its original size. Do you run into this often enough that you’d like a preference to completely turn off the auto-resizing? Or does your situation vary so that you’d prefer an option to choose each time you import a JPEG? Please let us know.

(I’ll update the title here to clarify that this is the general type of thing being requested).

8. 165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text: Bullet points

I'd like to have bullet point support in my area text.

2,839 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  419 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Material color swatches

1. Material color swatches

2. An essential tool to conduct material design styles; it is available in Skecth, Illustrator & Photoshop.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Joining two end points to create a new shape

Just like in Illustrator, have the ability to combine two end points so that you can create a shape based on previously created lines as opposed to making a new shape entirely.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Kinetic pan (throw) on Space-drag

With this enormous amount of artboards which Adobe XD can handle it will be useful to have a kinetic motion for artboards like in Photoshop.
    In Photoshop when you press Space bar and start dragging around it works like a swipe gesture on mobiles — you drag through the artboards with smooth break in the end of the move.
    This feature is now realized on Mac for touch pad. But it would be usefull to have it for "Space+Drag", especially in the future Windows version of XD.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Transform Again

I don't think I need to explain the usefulness of this feature. Cmd D to transform again (like in Illustrator) is a beautiful thing. Am i missing something or is this really not there?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Flow text line wrapping around/inside a shape

I would like to be able to wrap text around an object or another text block as with InDesign.

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add artboard closer to where I clicked the mouse

When I click add new artboard, the artboard should be placed where my mouse clicks, not automatically placing at random place.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pen Tool: Same logic as Illustrator or Photoshop

I think the pen tool in Adobe XD is horrible. I couldn't draw the vector shapes the way I want because the pen tool is missing the same logic as Illustrator and Photoshop.

I first drew a curve vector in Adobe XD, and for my next point, I want to make a straight line. But there's absolutely no way for me to do that.

Whereas in Photoshop or Illustrator, I can hold option key to bring that '<' icon and click on the second point to and remove the next point's curve line.

Here's a video attachment to show you…

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show different color when hovering over locked item

Self explanatory - show locked items in another colour not the standard selection blue. A grey or red or something that is different to the standard please. That way I don;t have to click on it to find out it's locked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Angular gradient (conical gradient)

Add angular gradients -- gradients that sweep around like the hands of a clock.

(This is NOT the same as radial gradients, which are shaped like concentric circles).

Angular gradients are useful for creating progress spinners, color wheels, etc. With high contrast gradients you can also create "starburst"-style background patterns.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Scaling Repeat Grid and increasing/decreasing dimensions of child items

Being able to scale the Repeat Grid and its child items at once would be great.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In-app protips

Add a tips button above the rate us options!! so people can see the better shortcuts or tips will help them work better!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base