Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Some designs will require pixel precision, it would be great if the current "Align & Distribute" can be enhanced to "Distribute" objects based on pixel spacing. In similar way to how InDesign's "Align & Distribute" panel works. This becomes useful when distributing objects that are not the same that need to be spaced out an even amount of pixels quickly and precise.

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

EDITED: I'd like to be able to enter a number while distributing to ensure that my items are X pixels apart.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ability to scale attributes proportionately. When creating shapes, buttons, or icons within XD sometimes they need to be scaled to different sizes. Currently when scaling these shapes, buttons, or icons created within XD we can no scale some of the attributes proportionately.

As an example I create a container box with a stroke, border-radius, shadow, and paragraph text. If I need to scale proportionately, like say 50%, the stroke, border-radius, shadow, and paragraph text don't scale proportionately.

694 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently in XD you have to mask images with a shape, which takes extra steps to accomplish. Being able to paste images or artwork into shapes similar to InDesign is much faster workflow and only requires a single step when working on the canvas.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When you edit a symbol inline, it would be really useful if everything else dulled out or something, so that it was cleat that that is what your doing – think isolation mode in illustrator

I just confused the hell out of myself by repositioning the contents of a symbol, rather than the symbol itself, then at some point later seeing all my other artboards with random positioned stuff. And then when trying to fix (without realising what had happened), I managed to edit the symbol again : /

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When designing web layouts I always need to adjust viewport height manually. It would be nice to have an option to make artboards auto adjustible.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Saw Talin Wadsworth talked about the recolor feature and it looks like an amazing feature to have.

Imagine instantly changing the color scheme of the UI just by choosing the colors from www.colors.adobe.com to show the client without manually changing the colors.

https://youtu.be/ipbqQSIPSZ8?t=10m20s

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It'd be nice to figure out how to design for different websites or applications that can use Touch Bar :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Because.. why not?

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Always in a spirit to save time, it will be great to coloring monochrome bitmap with pipette without Photoshop.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A user adds a "Symbol Container" to an artboard.

The container is a searchable field and the user can do a search (in context) to find the symbol they need.

The search will auto-suggest the Symbol.

And show a thumbnail of the Symbol prior to selection.

The user selects a Symbo, which will 'load' into the container and resizes the container accordingly. The user could also change the Symbol by 'double clicking' the container to retype (with in the same container).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Workspace for designing the screens.
    Viewer mode (a second "page" of screens).

Screens are split like an Excel "freeze' screen.

Use case:
    Working on mobile app
    Reviewing UI material in page based layout, not Symbols!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi, I really get the urge to use a minimalistic design UI in your new software, but the design should not stand in the way of usability.

One problem I have is that is is really hard to distinguish between active layers and none active ones because the grey color is way to similar.

Also (example attachment) it is hard to quickly see which layers are grouped with which folder/symbol if the Layerbox has a lot of layers. (Maybe use an down facing arrow like in Photoshop)

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There should be an option for 'Edit Original' in a right-click menu.

For example, an image in the document should be able to launch Photoshop by clicking 'Edit Original'.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great if you could just drag multiple images into XD and place them one by one onto shapes (like in indesign)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After creating a repeat grid, if you have elements outside the grid that you want to add to the grid, it cannot be simply dropped into the Repeat Grid 'Group". You have to cut it and double click into the grid to paste it in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. v 0.6.2.7

-when placing a symbol, the scale is not always correct, so I drag and drop from the symbols menu/bar, and sometimes the scale is ~70%.

So when I release, and "place" the symbol, it grows, and isn't placed correctly, requiring me to re-select, and then re-place the symbol. Not a huge problem, but feels like an inconsistent experience, buggy, and was probably just an oversight.

Symbols should always come off the menu bar @ 100% scale, so I only have to select and place it once.

https://youtu.be/qXRQ8-WtlOM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We often design Area Graphs, Doughnut Charts, Bars etc for Dashboards. Personally I switch between AI and PS to design this type of stuffs.

But it would be great to have an easier way design Charts and Graphs in Adobe XD.

For example, I would like the following method to design a Doughnut Chart:
    Draw a circle
    Select Doughnut Chart from Menu
    Insert Percentages and colors
    Hit OK and done!
    Similar idea for other type of graphs.

Thanks for the Awesome work, XD Team!

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I can't select those two objects (Attachment / Red dots). The reason I want to select them is because I want to align them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I find it highly irritating that the Layer-Mode always collapses/closes the Artboard if you click outside of it.

Some people are used to click outside the artboard to deselect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be a great time saver to click on a layer and than on a "Create Symbol" button, instead of having to right-click or to switch to the "Symbol-mode"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)