Request details

Use Import... to populate images into a repeat grid

I really like the populate behavior that drag and drop has when used in a repeat grid.

With that said, and this just maybe how I work, but I feel like it would more efficient to not have to leave the program and just use the shortcut for File > Import... select the files I want, press enter and it populate a repeat grid as if I had dragged and dropped those files from the Finder.

Granted some may not want that behavior, and I may not want that every time; a possible solution could be to have "import options" like in Indesign and Illustrator when you File > Place.. an item.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel Blake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Knell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd rather have a right-click menu option than to have the File > Import menu option do different things depending on whether something is selected or not. Right-clicking is more convenient anyway.

• EvoWizz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to directly open files to import on grids directly from XD, without having to open the file explorer and drag them into the grid.

Feedback and Knowledge Base