Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
You can reach our support team for bugs in the following locations:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select corners and set radius

My natural workflow of setting corner radius is to select the corners of an object that I need and then go to the sidebar and set the radii for them. Sadly XD doesn't show the radius field anymore when corners are selected. Please fix this since selecting an object and then think which of those fields represent which corner it is uses way too much headspace.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Live preview for tablets - Android & iOS

There's live preview now for mobile devices; both Android and iOS and that's great. But we need the same for tablet devices as well. For both iPads and Android tablets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text area snap should include line height

The new feature is great; however, it doesn't calculate using line height. So when it snaps to size, it snaps to the bottom of the physical text, not the bottom of the line-height, which is how it would work online. Would LOVE to see this as an option or an update. As it stands, the feature is nice, but not super helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Escape button consistency

When I type in a text box on the artboard and I hit escape it keeps the text I just changed and takes me out of editing mode with the cursor.

When I type in a layer to change the name of it and I hit escape it removes the changes I just made and take me out of editing mode with the cursor. To effectively keep the changes I must hit return on the keyboard.

If I hit return on the keyboard while editing a text box on the artboard I get what I would expect -- a carriage…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reduce repeat-grid items to elements, not shadow

I created a set of cards recently, with at least 50px shadow around them. When I wanted to create a repeat-grid out of it, it calculated the repeat-grid-items from where the shadow started and not the grid. This made it super difficult to work inside my grid. Please ignore the shadows as these are not part of the layout and the grid should be only for the elements and not the shadow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share text across component-sates

I created a set of cards yesterday, all based on a single master-component. I spent quite some time to iterate the content on all of them (basically just text) which worked fine. I did all of that in the basic state of the card. But when I added the hover-state to the master and hovered over the instances, the instance changed the text to the masters. As if the hover-state is not recognizing the text I added to the instance. Please let me customize text on instances and let that be reflected in the hover-state as well!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Component State change while working inside component

(1) While editing a component, you can't change the state of the component unless you click on the parent layer first.

The State menu in the inspector panel disappears when you select anything other than the root layer. This makes it so you cannot change the state unless you have the root layer selected.

Instead, the State menu should be available while any layer inside the component is selected.

Let's say I'm making a button and changing the size of the shape layer. I want to match the Default state and Hover state, so with the shape layer selected I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allowing Text Binding between Component States

For example, when you have a button with several states containing a label and you want to change the default text label, you have to update every state of the component one after one.

It will be nice to be able to define a text as persistant inside the component states.
    Perhaps a simple checkbox in the Properties?!
    Or a way to link/bind only some states and not some others for more flexibility!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Color pick (i) on paths

Color picking should work with paths too. Am I doing something wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Note that ‘i’ actually picks the fill, not the border. For paths, you’re probably trying to change the border color. If you’re looking to change the border, I’ll merge this with the request to have the shortcut toggle to the border as well.

10. Groups in Elements Panel

The sidepanel, especially the Components side panel gets cluttered very quickly. Please add groups for components so we can organize Elements the way we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add tint colors linked to base color

It would be really useful to set a base colour, and then create tints of this colour (like you can in InDesign) which are linked to the global base colour asset.

Currently, I get these tints by setting opacities of a base colour - but I want to be able to use the colours without any transparency & keep them linked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Grid / Guideline should be in center

If anyone creates grid/guideline and then I exceed the page width it should be sticky to center not on the left side.

Designers always have to adjust after some work if we change the width of the artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multi-line artboard titles

It would be awesome if there was a way to allow for large captions anchored to each artboard, that would stay linked when moving/rearranging the artboard.

Maybe if the artboard title allowed for a new line to be entered (Shift + Return?), that would even help.

When I'm planning out a feature, I'll frequently add captions above each artboard in huge text with notes as to what should happen in the view. Since my captions are outside of the artboards' bounds, there's no way to link or lock them to that artboard, making it hard to keep everything together when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Component Overrides

I would love to have the ability to create overrides for master components. For example if I create a card, I would like to be able to select a text field, and in the properties panel have an overrides section where I can hit add. The properties panel would then give me a text field where I could type the new text and it would update that component.

That override field would be available on all instances of the component, each with its override content being separated from the other instances.

However, the text itself in the component would still…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Outer Margin for Groups and Components

The new padding feature is cool, but a little too limited. I’d like for it to be able to adjust padding for the outside of groups/components in order to help with building design systems.

For example, when I build a website, a page is often made up of smaller sections (components). I would like to be able to define margin on those components so that each one has an even amount of spacing between the next. That way if I update the height of any of those components or change content that affects its size, components around that one will…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Child component state shouldn't persist across various parent component states when changed in those states

I have Parent Component which has state A (default), B, and C, then inside it I have Child Component with states A (default), B, and C. In state A of the master Parent Component I set Child Components state to A. In state B of Parent Component I set Child Component's state to B. In state C of Parent Component I set Child Component's state to C.

Now I create a new Instance of Parent Component. It defaults to state A with Child Component inside in the default state of A, but if I change my Parent Component instance to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. shortcut for "paste remember layers"

Hi, my suggestion is for Adobe Illustrator. It would be really helpfull if there was a shortcut for "paste remembers layers" in ou off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to keep the color wheel/picker open

As I'm trying to create colour palettes and quickly apply colours to assets, I find it annoying to keep re-opening the colour wheel.

Can we have an option to pin it open?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Store component with states in CC Libraries

I noticed that if I add a component with multiple states to the shared library, only the currently active state is stored. Please allow storing the components with all of its states in the library.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Command to reset all components to default state

Description:

Please include a command which resets all elements to their Default state.

At the moment, one has to individually select each component separately and return them to their default state before viewing in prototype mode. This implementation would make this process very easy and quick especially if one has many components and component states.

This could be done via the command menu or the Component window, on a pasteboard, or selected elements level.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base