Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
You can reach our support team for bugs in the following locations:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text Skew

The ability to skew text and force italicized live text when using fonts that don't come with italic/oblique variants.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For Fast Scanning, Add Dropdown Arrow for Groups/Folders in Layer Panel to Mirror Other Adobe Products

Hello,

Currently, there are no dropdown arrows next to folders within the layer panel. These dropdown arrows are something we see in other Adobe products and have for ages.

When scrolling through large documents, the folders/groups don't stand out enough for easy scanning.

Please add a dropdown arrow to the left of the folder like Photoshop has.

Doing this will allow for faster scanning and locating of groups, as it creates a subtle callout for these special layer panel elements by indenting them slightly.

Further, adding an arrow is also an appropriate Call To Action for this type of element…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Text Border / Bounding Box

The attached screenshot has the "System" text on top of the box.

CURRENTLY: I need to create a layer underneath to break the line and make the system on top of it. This is troublesome if I'm working with a page that has 10000-000000-00000 input fields.

ASK: If i have a way to make the text' border 5, i can effectively eliminate the need to create a layer underneath, the amount of work is going to be halved, and that will scale.

ASK2: if not, can i have a solid box to cover the line where the text will be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. selecting objects doesn't move the entire window

I have a very large list of groups, when I select a few of them at random down the list every time I select one from the bottom the panel scrolls back up to the top of the selection, so I have to scroll back down to keep going. It would be great if this worked like everything else where there is no automatic scroll back to top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lock asymmetric radii on rectangles

When I use radius 0 10 10 10 for example, I wish to have option to lock the corners separately, so when I use handle to adjust the locked one doesn't change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Organize, Edit & Name artboards in XD like you can in Illustrator

It would be very useful to be able to Organize, Arrange, Edit & Name artboards in XD exactly like you can in Illustrator.

Currently in XD you have to arrange the boards linearly from left to right in order to share and export them properly. If you could organize the artboards like you can in AI it would allow for smoother organization, grouping and exporting capabilities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reveal Components in Assets – filter to those assets only

When user selects "reveal components in assets", the panel should filter to those components only within the assets panel.

As it works now, it highlights all of the components in the asset panel without filtering the other components, and if you have many components, it makes it very difficult to find.

I realize the components are highlighted in blue, but when the mouse cursors over the components, they're highlighted with a gray/black stroke, making it very very frustrating to find the component you're looking for.

By filtering only to the component(s) selected, it would be far easier to find.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Duplicate artboard should avoid objects in the pasteboard

You know how sometimes you take pieces off of your artboard and put them 'aside' for later? When you duplicate an artboard those areas that hold design items (like texts, icons, boxes) should be considered occupied so you don't end up duplicating an artboard and have those spare parts now part of it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatically resize Area Text box height when changing width

When using Responsive Resize, items will adjust according to their parameters but items such as Area text will not take into account their contents. When resizing an Area Text box, XD should provide the option to resize the height in line break increments to accommodate the text.

An option for width could also be useful.

The benefit of this is that responsive resize will now responsively adjust all other elements to fit.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Page for all master components

Can we have a Page for all the Master Components?? Please

Page 1 - Project Artboards
    Page 2 - Project Components

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better usability on selection of objects from left list. Select layer interferes with "expand" action

The direct selection of objects/layers/groups/ interferes with the "expand" group/folder/components action.

XD is missing something as simple as an "chevron" to tell that something is expandable. Nowadays is globally accepted in every app out there (even on illustrator) So why fool us each time we try to select a layer or expand any group or component? Specially, when Name of layer and folder icon are so near in big screens.

See the comparation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alt+Drag to duplicate in the layers panel

Drag and Drop Elements in the layer panel and copy them by holding ALT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. An option to not include text values in components

Lets say you have a Button designed as a component but you want it to have different labels in different situations - the problem I have: every time I change something in the primary component, the label always sets back as well. It would be nice if I could set some "Lorem Ipsum" as a placeholder text that can be changed in child components without repercussions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Arrange tools and their properties in separate Panels

It should be possible to open tools and properties in separat panels like in every other Adobe Software ...

So you can - for example - look at layers and components at the same time, having the font properties always open, having a different panel for pathfinder options etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Auto Scrolling Viewport Height

Think of an "Auto" checkbox alongside Scrolling's "Viewport Height", that would fit the artboart to the device width, with free vertical scroll.

Considering screen sizes vary wildly in every scenario we design for (design review, user testing and of course, production), it would be much better to be able to define the design only in terms of the artboard's width, and the fullscreen prototype preview would fit the design proportionally to the device width, and scrolling vertically using the device's viewport height (not a fixed one).

This is the default behavior for the HTML world, the very presence of a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Component instance size persists across state change

Let's say I create a 128x128 Card component with multiple elevations as states. If I create a new instance of the Card component and resize it to 300x400, then change states, I expect it to retain my 300x400 size rather than reverting to 128x128 because I changed the component size, not the shape inside the Card component.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Intelligent Component States

Let's say I create a simple button component. Then I want to have an outlined button. Then I want to have both buttons have a state containing an icon. Then I want all these to have a hover, active, and disabled states. On top of all this, I want a version of all of this for light mode and a version for dark mode.

See where I am getting at? I am creating a design system that my team can reuse for their designs. Many of the components I am trying to create are fairly complex and creating a separate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto layout

There is one thing that frustrates me every time I work with XD.
    The moment when the height of an element changes and I have to adjust all margins and the height of e.g. cards. And all because the text of a line got shorter.

Figma recently introduced "Auto layout". This allows to define the margins of elements within a "group" and thus complex list/grids that dynamically adapt to the content.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrKX46DzkGQ

It would be great if, after "Content aware layout (padding), the margin could now be addressed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export to .ico format

Is it possible to export icon as .ico format? I wanted to save save icon for "favicon"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Component closes when viewing component states.

SEE ATTACHED VIDEO

PROBLEM:
    When browsing through the states of a component, the component closes and you can no longer see the folders and layers of the component.

RESOLUTION:
    When working out the states of a complex interaction, or revising the layers of an existing component, it would be really helpful if the folder structure of the component remained exposed while browsing through the component's states.

Thanks,
    Mike

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base