Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Populate text objects with rich formatting

I would like to have a way populate text boxes with text and retain formatting/special characters including indents and spacing. I have content in word and would love for a plugin that could populate each text box (maybe by treating each paragraph break as a different box)? I develop technical training and am using XD for storyboarding--this is a huge limitation with content that is technical in nature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open a closed path

I'd like to be able to open up the path of a closed shape. Like in Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Revert to master component values on a per property basis

Currently when master component values are overriden, the only way to revert the overriden values is to do so as a whole object. There is no way to just revert one property or one specific object inside the component. In Unity (game engine) they use a prefab system (similar to components) where any value that has been overridden has a blue bar beside the value in the component value panel. This way you can right click each value and revert it to the master on an individual basis. This can save a ton of time versus going back to master…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable selection of multiple objects across different components

Since CMD+Shift+Click i'm able to select multiple object across different groups, but what if my group is also a component, then i'm only able to select with CMD+Click, but CMD+Shift+Click does'nt work if I want to select objects across differrent components

in the example I try to select a text field within the group. This only works for groups with CMD + Shift + Click, but if I do the same and I make a component of the group, it will select all components instead of just the textfields.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save zoom location on document close

When you're at work and you're done for the day.

Then the program closes (picture: Adobe-XD_now).

When restarting the program you are asked: do you want to go back to the last position? (picture: Adobe-XD_restart)

If yes: go to the view where the program was closed (picture: Adobe-XD_now).

If no: the view does not change.

The advantage is: you still know where you have worked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow the Default and Hover states of a component to be swapped

Would love to be able to swap the hover state to the default state rather than having to redo both states if I want to swap the two. This would save time on more complex build outs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hide art board

support hide for art boards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drag into mask group in the layers panel

In photoshop it's really really easy to create Hero-Image for example with 3 options (And show/hide these options - or save these options for future development) -- see the file attached.

This "basic" idea is very hard to manage by Adobe XD (Also hard to change images inside a frame - you find this issue as
    separate topic).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Font-weight sort/arrange by weight (thin to regular to black)

The font-weight should be displayed in the right order as follows
    -regular-italic-bold-bolditalic
    and in larger families
    -thin-thinItalic-extralight....-light...-regular....-medium....-semibold.....-bold...-extrabold...-black
    Right now it is arranged in a random order which is bad experience for designers to search the entire list to sharp shoot the one we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. View CSS directly within XD

You shouldn't have to share to a link in order to see your CSS Specs... would be nice to be able to see and copy them from within XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Scale component when swapping

Users should be able to replace old component to new (Any original size) component form component library. When we drag and replace component it remain in their original size and then we have to manually resize it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A component nested into another component should show the override version rather than the master version when pulled from the menu

Senario:
    We create a button with a rectangle fill and generic text and turn it into a master component called "button". We then place an instance of that button into a master "footer" component and override the generic text of the button to be specific to the footer. If I now copy/paste the footer component it keeps the override text. If I opt+drag to copy the footer it keeps the override text. BUT if I drag the component out from the component menu all nested components revert back to the text from their masters.

Expected result:
    Everything in a master…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ensure that local and linked colors and character styles in the assets panel both link

I would like to have all the fonts and colors to be recognized in all my documents, not only the source document.

I have a source document with all my colours and character styles, which is linked to my current working document. I also copied a few elements and pages from the source document, in order to edit those for a new part of the design. Which means that all the elements and fonts should be correctly linked together, but when I right click on the font in the document, it does not recognize that that font already exist in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Border radius for artboards

I think it'd be nice to have the option of being able to set border radiuses for artboards.

This way, if I want to export an artboard that should have rounded corners, I won't have to duplicate the contents of the artboard to a rectangle (with rounded corners) before exporting.

See the attached image for a visual explanation. Such designs can't be exported straight from an Xd artboard at this point.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prewired component library (preset)

I don't ever want to group a shape object with text, wire basic hover/selected states and call it a button; a library of basic UI components like buttons, menus, text/password fields, drop-downs, v/h scroll areas, etc need to come standard in Xd!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Apply eyedropper color to selected text only

Selecting a portion of a text block, then clicking the Fill rectangle, and choosing a color from the fill panel works as desired, except you cannot use the ink dropper tool to select a color from anywhere, including color assets panel, without that color being applied to the entire text block.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Toggle Auto-Sizing of Component Bounds

I just updated Adobe XD and it appears, they're automatically setting the component bounds to fit the content which is great is some scenarios but I have an existing project where I intentionally left empty space in components (e.g. for padding, spacing) and it's not even allowing me to turn this on/off like Sketch does. Now if I make any change to these elements, it automatically gets rid of all that space. I've tried manually resizing and turning the Responsive Resize on/off but to no avail.

I've also tried putting an invisible background layer behind it, but that layer doesn't…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Changing a color in the assets group should update locked items

Locked items currently won't be updated while locked, but the only reason i personally lock items is so that they are not clickable and i can select multiple assets on top.

However if the locked layer is using a global color i believe it should change with all my other assets. If i didn't want it to change color i would manually change it to something else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Layers Panel - Rename without tapping 'Enter' to confirm

Maybe it's just me, but I find it super annoying to have to hit "Enter" to rename my layers. Once I've double-clicked (or right-clicked > Rename) as soon as I am in that state, whatever I type should overwrite whatever was there and remain that way, whether I click on the artboard next, or another layer, etc.. I should not have to make my change and then hit 'Enter' and I definitely should not see my newly entered layer name revert because I clicked on something besides the 'Enter' key on my keyboard.

It seems like a small thing until…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base