Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Duplicate guides using opt/alt key and cmd+D/ctrl+D

XD is becoming dominant, and I love the Guide featured added in XD. However, the guide can be even further improved if you add a feature allowing duplicate the guide or create a guide using the guide itself.

Details:
    Unlike Photoshop and Illustrator, XD artboards don't have a fixed ruler on the interface. Guides can be added from the top and left artboard borders, which is fine. The issue is when we are working with a zoomed level on any object, the top and left edge of the artboard is not accessible, and creating a guide either we have to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mark component as master option

Please add an option to mark a component as master in the flyout menu. Sometimes you want a child of a component to now be the master, but the only way to do that is find the master and drag it down to where the child is to replace it without copy/paste (because that will create a new child). It'd be easier to just right click and set that child as the new master.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Character sizes to resize with the size of the artboard

I like the idea of have character styles cascading ie using the same font but different style. ie H1 and H2 same font different size, colour etc...

I was also thinking that by designing websites to be responsive it would be good if Character Styles were created in such a way they could detect the size of the artboard they are on and resize.

Within each character style you could give it a breakpoint:
    h1
    Font
    0-479, Size/Line height etc
    480-599, Size/Line height etc
    600-849, Size/Line height etc
    etc etc

Also…
    Styling of text links would be great too. Better…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save to or Push Updates to Master Components

"Save to Master Component" and/or "Push/Save as Master Component", so that any changes you've made to a component can be put into the master.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Validator to ensure web-ready SVG export

I would like to see the option to add filters to svg elements in the design that match the current spec of web svg. Things like color inversions, blurs, etc would be really helpful, especially when designing for the web.

The reason being often times we as designers may create something that may not be possible unless we export the element as an image. These elements are not always SEO friendly (such as when working with stylized text). However, we can often accomplish a similar effect by using svg filters in the web. So, allowing us to apply these and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drag and drop elements to the components panel

Drag and drop elects from the artboard to the components panel would be nice and quick.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. import webp image format

Please allow webp images format to be imported or drag & drop directly to artboard.

This will lessen the time to convert webp to jpg, png, etc.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Text selection highlight color on Windows should invert

When selecting text (via drag selection or double clicking a word), it will display the blue highlight boundary. There are some UI kits that use this blue as part of their wireframing palette making it impossible to see the text highlight when you have text on top of this color.

Ideally, the selection highlight should just invert the color underneath it so you can always see the boundary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keyboard shortcut between text inputs

It would be great to have a shortcut to jump between text inputs, including within repeat grids.

For example, tab to move to next text box.

Example image shows why this is necessary, I have a lot of similar pages that require typing in a lot of different text boxes.

Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show full name of linked document in the Assets panel

Allow an option to view the full name of a linked document in the assets panel. Right now, document names are truncated and if two documents are linked with similar titles, there is no way to distinguish which one is the correct (or most current).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Object alignment not working!

When trying to align objects, object won't align to the same edge as something else, Example box and a line dont align for half pixel!

When will this issue be fixed? This same bug is found from Bugs section but it shows there that it is resolved even it is not!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update Component Preview in Assets Panel when Master Component is edited

Currently, after creating a component, there is a preview image of that component in the assets panel. But if you make a change to that master component (for example, changing a green object to red) the preview in the assets panel does not update. So even though I now want this component to be a red object, it becomes very hard to find it in the assets panel, at a glance because it is still green in the preview image.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create new document from clipboard dimensions

If i have an image in the clipboard, i would like to be able to create a new document based on its size (similar to what Photoshop does). Idea: If an image is in the clipboard, Prefill custom size fields with image dimensions from clipboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Snap point to middle of a path segment by holding down shift

while using the pen tool and adding a point to a line that already exists, if you hold shift the new point will automatically snap to the exact middle between the two points to the left and right.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Responsive Resize button should toggle BLUE when ON

The Responsive Resize button should be XD Blue when it’s toggled to the “ON” state. The dark grey background when the toggle is activated (in the right position), isn’t as clear that the feature is activated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. choose amount of columns in asset panel

I would like to be able to choose amount of columns in the asset panel regardless of the width of the asset panel list view. Instead of XD automatically choosing the amount of columns depending on width it would be much easier if I could choose the number of columns I want and have it stay that way.

Because I sometimes have long names of components, I am constantly having to manipulate the size of the asset panel to see the full name in the 1 column view. When I have a wide panel in the layers and then I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. reset component name to original name

I would like to select 1 or more components, preferably on 1 or more art boards though search, and reset the name of the component(s) to the name that it is in the asset library.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to drop images onto elements outside of the artboard

If an element is outside of the artboatd, e.g. an image carousel that slides with auto-animate, currently you cannot drop an image file onto it. This needs to be fixed, as currently you need to move the element to inside the artboard to drop the image then move back to the original position, which is very counter productive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delete non used component

Sometimes I no longer use a component I have made, but it continues to show in my components list making it so long.
    It would be great if we have an option to exclude these non used components. Or, maybe a tag / icon showing it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When overriding the size of a component instance along one dimension, maintain link to master's other dimension

This would be useful for e.g. resizing button instance widths, but maintaining the link to the master component button height. See image for an explanation.

(And yeah, I know I can rig up something like this myself by going into the master component, putting an invisible rectangle behind the green button's rectangle, and then adjusting the height or width of the entire master component group or of the green button itself, but that's a pain. It would be nice to have this work on individual objects too, instead of just groups.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base