Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move prototyping tool outside of XD

Hello Support Team,

We really don't need the pack of the tool. We only simple and sweet UI Design tool. We never ever use prototyping. Or we use just simple linked prototyping. Nothing more than this.

Please don't make the software heavier. Keep it sweet and simple.

Thanks,
    - Dhaval

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-animate, regardless if the group is within another group on the other artboard.

So many times when I design, I just want to put things in new, overarching groups. Yet, this always breaks the auto-animation of any group within that new group. Very frustrating as it breaks the "feel" of my design constantly.

I really want components to keep their inter-artboard animations, regardless if they reside in new overarching groups. Hope this is possible!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Update a Library with a single click

It would be great if libraries could be updated with a single click rather than the multiple click, pop-up window, sometimes blue bar on the bottom too, senseless process currently in place.

Updating assets in a document using a shared library could also do with "some" thought.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reuse CC Library published by XD in other CC applications

Somehow the new CC Libraries are not thought through. There are two things which are really a problem in my opinion.

First:
    When I publish a library I now have all components, styles and colors from XD in all applications. Which is ok for colors but what should I do with the styles and components in print for example? They are completely useless because I will define other styles and components in InDesign. So now the libraries are getting more and more filled up with elements you don't need.

Second:
    I use always the same template for style guides. For…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Match fonts weight with browsers fonts weight

Fonts seem lighter, or too sharp, in XD than in browser reality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Paragraph text line height should change on text size

Can we apply more than one character style to text in a text box. Many websites are text-heavy – this is a nightmare to update in design phase, when options need to be presented and text updated. "Space after" needs to change depending on text size etc. Am I missing something here?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m going to change this to adjust for the “Space after” request you have here, as it does look like you can add more than one character style to text in a text box (please see attached animated GIF). Hope that helps!

7. Variable / no padding on one of the sides

The padding tool is great, but for some cases, it would be great to have a possibility to leave it undefined. Example: I have a component that has a background and a text in it. I want to use it in a way that the background will take all the available space on the right of the text, regardless of the length of the text inside. Now I will not be able to do it otherwise than manually adjust the padding for each instance of this component.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Plugin to mass edit widows/orphans in text objects

Is there a plugin or way to mass edit widows/orphans in text?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Warn user if component that they are trying to paste is outdated

Currently when working with multiple documents, if you have overwrites on a component. And you modify that component, and then paste the component or artboard into a file that has an outdated version of that component.

It will paste the components but reset the overwrites and set the component back to it's default state. It doesn't inform the user about why it just resetted all their content. Which can be extremely annoying to the user, as this seems very weird. (Which is why there are also several support tickets of people running into this issue).

After talking with support, I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adjust position of objects across artboards relative to their current positions

Selection and operations on multiple objects has a considerable improvement potential to better meet the professional needs.

I would love to be able to conveniently select, then change and also add, subtract to etc. to the relative position of multiple selected elements like in Sketch.

Use case: While cooperatively working with a XD file a designer Ted want's to check, if one specific element used all over his huge design went a little bit off of their desired positions., which causes flickering in the prototype. Optimally Ted does the following:

1. Ted selects the suspected Element to find out the exact…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop reorder layers in the layers panel automatically

When I click ”Edit Main Component“, the Main Component is automatically pushed on the top position of a group. That kills the design which is based on stacks. Make it stop or at least give the option to turn it off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. copy appearance of a group and paste into another

Paste appearance now works for individual items. It would be time saving if I could copy the appearance of a group of objects and paste it into another one with the same objects and different appearance.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Esc button on Mac Touchbar should be available when editing text objects

When I am typing text or creating an object, I always want to be able to click ESC to deselect the active object. Currently the touchbar in XD causes my ESC button to disappear. In order to stop typing inside of a text object I have to click on the canvas, which creates another text object.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Define minimum and maximum sizes for components

Hello XD team,

I am working on a large design system and even if a lot efforts have been done on the components in the previous patches, I would like to share my thoughts on the two following points.

I collaborate with product owners, project managers and developers. These profiles have been formed on XD (basics principles and how to use our design system). As far as I know, they struggle on updating values as text or icon within components. They have to click a lot time to "correctly" point on the element they want to update, resulting in a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Align child layers inside a group to artboard

When I select a single child layer inside a group, all the align options are disabled. Please enable them so that I can align them with respect to the artboard.

Also, please allow us to select an artboard and a layer outside the artboard together and align.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow for the use of Unicode txt files for repeat grid

Currently, the txt files do not support Unicode format, so when dragging a Unicode txt doc onto the repeat grid the design/grid breaks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. default position for a component to snap to when added to an artboard

Many of my components have standard locations on an artboard. I would like components to snap to that default location.

At a minimum the default location needs to be specified in the following ways:
    a. As an xy co-ordinate from the top left of the Artboard.
    b. As centred at a y co-ordinate

However, it would also be good if the distance from the bottom and right-hand side of the artboard could also be specified, and also the distance in terms of fractions of artboard height and width.

I envision the component snapping into the correct position whenever a component…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Replace all occurences of one component with another

I occasionally come up against a situation where I have created two components that I realize should have been a single component.

When this happens I must repeatedly highlight the redundant component on the canvas and manually replace the component.

It would be great to have a way of simply replacing all occurrences of the redundant component.

In an ideal world, this function would be a smart replace where object attributes from the replaced component instances were applied to an object in the new component instance where its name and type matched.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. make local should also make the component the main component

Having copied a component from a different document and made it local, I think it would be more logical if the component was also tagged as the main component instead of just an instance.

This was the behaviour that I naturally assumed was taking place when I first did this because whenever I create a component in other circumstances the selected object is the main component.

When you implement the duplicate component functionality I would also argue for the duplicate component to be tagged as a main component.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Edit rotation point for 3D transforms

Hi,

would it be possible to move the 3D rotation point, so we can rotate something like a door on a hinge rather than spin around the centre?

At the moment, it's possible to rotate and move, but it doesn't keep an edge in exactly the same place using the autoanimate options - it's a bit floaty.

Thank you,
    Adam

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base