Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. In many other apps, when I see an eye icon it is because that layer is VISIBLE / ACTIVE. In XD this icon works exactly the opposite. We have a strikethrough icon with an eye that when active represents INVISIBLE layer and when not active represents VISIBLE layer.

It confuses me so much each time.

2 options:

1. KEEP THE STRIKETHROUGH ICON: Can we revert the way it works so by default no icon appears and then you can click to hide layers.

or

1. DO AS IN AFTER EFFECTS: A normal eye icon for showed layers and nothing for hidden ones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. It could be cool if XD got a "tilt phone trigger". Like when tilting your phone the color of your text changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A busy design session may result in "orphan" Character Styles which are not named or do not conform with the standards. For example, I want all body copy to be 14pt but a few instances were wrongly created at 13pt. Currently, I click one instance of the 13pt, then "Add Character Style to Assets". I can then use the "Highlight on Canvas" feature to SHOW ever instance. But I cannot apply the 14pt style to them because they are not SELECTED. If "Select on Canvas" were an option, I could apply the correct 14pt style to all of the 13pt…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When changing zoom to something new, remember the previous zoom coordinates and zoom level.

Double-tap 'z' to return to that previous zoom level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. create a keyboard shortcut for 'add state' please. or better, a suite of keyboard shortcuts affiliated with adding all the different type of states to a component.

When working through a suite of icons, for example, this is a very tedious process to have to manually repeat 2 states per icon using the mouse to hover over and click every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There’s a number of problems that arise when the component instances don’t have their own name field. Component instances should have an instance name and a name field that always maps back to the master.

Currently, the logic is, if you rename an instance, the connection between the master’s name and the instance name is severed. Though, the actual inheritance link between the master and instance is still intact. This causes a confusing user experience. You can’t tell what’s derived from what.

The current logic is too clever for its own good. If you decide to change the name of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: When you edit an animation in design mode and try to edit the time, there is an error when you try to type the time.

The textfield shows for example:
    0,5 Sec.

If try to edit and you type:
    0,6 Sec.

it goes back to
    0,5 Sec.

You need to type:
    0.6 Sec.
    to edit the field correctly.

And then, the field shows again:
    0,6 Sec.

Why? It drives me crazy when editing animations. It should be only. 0,6 (comma) and also SHOWING 0,6 but not this mixed mode.

Also it would be very convient if the "Sec". would…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. To be able to define the text box width with 'ch' like in HTML. Similar to what Webflow has implemented: https://webflow.com/feature/control-width-of-text-elements-by-character-count-using-ch-unit

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Just like how photoshop has checkered background to denote transparency. XD should have the same thing. It's important to know what shapes have or don't have a fill without having to worry about if the fill matches the same background color as the artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. xd no funciona con efectos de desenfoque cuando se exportar los archivos en PDF y SVG

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want you to be able to enter decimal numbers in the padding numbers of the group.
    It is inconvenient that you can handle the decimal point for other positions and sizes, but not the value here.
    When considering character units (em, rem, etc.) as a reference when coding CSS, there are cases where a decimal point is required when converting to px, so I would like you to be able to enter a decimal point here as well.

要望 グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力

グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力できるようにして欲しい。
    他の位置やサイズなどは小数点を扱えるがここの値は扱えないのが不便です。
    CSSコーディングの際に文字単位(em,remなど)を基準として考える場合、px換算すると小数点が必要になるケースがあるので、ここも小数点の数値が入力できるようにして欲しい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently, you only have the option to edit paths if the Z-position is set to 0. As soon as you set the paths Z-position to anything greater than 0 you lose the ability to edit the paths, which is extremely frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to add animated GIF's to projects would make a big different to communicating certain aspects of designs with clients and developers. Please add this in! :)

This needs to be able to be displayed in preview as an animation (not just as a static frame of the animation)

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Currently both the list and grid view have their advantages and disadvantages, especially since the sudden loss of responsive columns of the list view I find myself switching back and forth. In some occasions the list view is still more compact, but as soon as there are many items in one category - i.e. colors - I feel forced to switch to grid to avoid endless scrolling.

To counter this and add customizability, how about being able to select the view mode per category? For example grid for colors, list for components or vice versa - just the way your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sorry, if this has already been requested but I couldn't find it. I would love it if when I change the text of an existing text field, that the naming of it in layers automatically changes to reflect what I've typed. I tend to copy and paste text layers, holding option, to speed up my process but it keeps the name of the layer regardless of if I change the content of the text box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In Adobe Muse, there was a on the left side, near the rulers, to pull up or push down all design elements under the handle. Was it called the "Vertical Move Handle" ?

Can Adobe XD integrate this feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Font resize by Command + . wold resize space between lines and paragraph spacement (proportionaly).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We need a simple way to add text to a container to avoid creating and grouping multiple objects. Double-click rectangle to add a text like it's done in PowerPoint. See the attached example

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow padding to work even if the background is a component. Currently, there's no easy way to have a component "shrinkwrap" around it's content, as you would commonly want with a card or panel.

Put another way, the limitations on https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/set-fixed-padding-for-components-groups.html# specifically state: "Components ... cannot act as a background for a group or component." Please remove this limitation!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)