Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. The ability to select a component in a library and see a list of cloud documents that include at least one instance of the selected component.

If that is too complicated a lift, we could settle for a list of cloud documents that contain the selected component in its list of Document Assets.

Use Cases:

1. Want to delete a component but don't know for sure where it's being used.

2. Component has several states and designer can't remember why a certain state exists. Seeing where the component is used will help make that determination. Similar to case 1, this would also…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ability to create a text link style and animate it so it can be applied to text links.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If you're designing a responsive website the likelihood is you'll be looking at everything from 320px all the way up to 1500px.

If you could group text styles under a breakpoint and somehow assign that to an artboard size, so when you add text to that artboard it automatically knows what size it should be.

ie You have a 320 typography folder. You copy and paste the h1 from the 320 to the 1280 artboard it would automatically resize.

The alternative being you set up your typography separately, looking at breakpoints the same way some CMS do. Assigning H1-H6, Body…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why is the text underline function of xd always incompatible with Chinese characters? Do you think it is unnecessary to optimize for the Chinese? My version is 40.0.22.12 (Currently the latest).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  5. In the table example shown below, the text element in the third column is set to auto height. All of the table cells are in Cell Group, which was then grouped with the horizontal line below Cell Group to create Row Group. Row Group has stacking turned on so that the horizontal line is always 16px below Cell Group.

This is all well and good until Repeat Grid enters the picture. If I create a repeat grid from Row Group, set the grid spacing to 16px, then populate variable height content into Column 3, I get the mess shown in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be be nice if there was a right-click option like "force path to shape." Paths do not have the edit options that shapes do.

For example, when I take a rectangle and change the edges or add new corners, XD automatically changes this to a "path." I've done this both intentionally and accidentally.

If I want to change this shape back to a rectangle so that I can edit the border radius, I have to redraw and restyle that shape from scratch. It would be really cool if Xd could identify the closest shape and force into that…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello, I would find an option to assign a global grid super helpful. One could apply the values at the beginning and if they would like to change that grid in the future it could apply to all artboards of the same size. Right now, I have to manually go through and edit each grid if I want even the slightest change in values. I have found doing this takes a lot of time and effort.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. (Summary in English) If a font is not installed, we should show text as if it were installed, and only falling back if edited. The behavior of fonts should be the same as for Photoshop.

テキストレイヤーを触らない時には該当フォントがなくても表示が崩れないようにしてほしい

テキストレイヤーについて、Photoshopでは該当フォントがインストールされていなくても、レイヤーを編集しない限りは表示が崩れないのですが、XDだと該当フォントがない場合には別フォントで表示されてしまうため、Photoshop同様に表示が崩れないようにしてほしいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. On the transformation panel; height / width .. if I write +10 or -10 adds or subtracts from the original value.

btw: pressing the ESC key causes the input editing to end :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If there is an feature in which we can replace font with new font, that would be great feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to change individual item colors in repeated groups, in the same way you can change text. Perhaps with a similar system of dropping a text file of hex values to change them.

Alternatively, the ability to have component states be different within repeated groups would be helpful.

For example, I have a health meter in a table, shows a heart in red, yellow, or green. I can have each as a component state and in a repeated grid, select the individual items I want to change for variation WITHOUT having to ungroup. I'm forced to ungroup all the time,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I saw there are already several feature requests about variables, but none of them seemed to be exactly the same.

I seem to spend quite some time placing elements on the screen to ensure distances between them are just like we want them.
    Lets say for instance that the page is divided into sections, and each section starts with a Headline. The headline has a 80px margin to the top of the section. After the section content, there is again a 80px margin to the bottom of the section.
    It would be great if this value (80px) could be a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi -

I'm new to XD, but think I'm getting the hang of toggling between files that are open - since there are no pages as there are in Sketch. I like your Command + ~ keyboard shortcut very much for accomplishing this.

However, what I don't like is when a project file window is maximized, you can't execute the command, I believe - only when projects you are toggling between are in more reduced windows frames.

I maximize my projects for size, to be able to see more of the contents of a project. So, giving me such functionality…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I created a cube with basic shapes but when I rotate them the item in front seems to disappear giving the shape a hollow feeling.

I think if we give the options to enable 2 sided shapes then this can be avoided and create some really cool 3d shapes animations.

This will help us create complex 3d shapes in XD it self for e.g.cubes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I paste an hexadecimal color outside of a text zone, i expect the selected object to take the background color specified in the text, not to paste the text as raw text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When working with linked components, there are often times when individual components will 'mysteriously' not allow operations like delete, make local, etc.
    This is usually because the selected component is a sub-component another compound components.
    The process of finding out which other components in the library depend on the selected components is difficult even for the designer who created the components. It's nearly impossible for collaborators.

If a function like "Show Dependencies" were added to the right-click context menu of components that fall into this category, it would be much easier to manage.

I envision this feature as filtering the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On macOS, notifications come from right to left right below the menu bar on the top right. This means that whenever you get a notification, the preview button and the surrounding interactions are covered.

It's of course frustrating that you ever so often need to close notifications to interact with the preview button. And what's really frustrating is all those times when you are about to click on the preview button, but a notification suddenly gets inbetween and you accidentally open upp Messages, Calendar, Slack or any other app that you got a notification from instead of previewing your design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It is a source of daily/hourly frustration that clicking on the icon portion of a layer will open it while the only way to open an artboard is to double click the icon (just to mention one). This is only one such inconsistency, but it's very frustrating to have layers expand when I'm only trying to select it as the first of a multiple selection while at the same time, clicking anywhere on an artboard from the list will only select it. In this latter case, one has to both double-click and do so in a small hitbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If you have multiple images with 'Darken' as a Blend mode (for ex) and then if you select all of them and make it as a Vertical Scroll, the blending mode from all the images doesn't work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 布尔运算建议增加分割功能

It is suggested to add segmentation function to Boolean operation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)