Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Not sure if this has already been flagged, but I find the following behaviour really annoying:

1. Create a button made of a rectangle + some text on top. Group these two layers.

2. Double click to select only the rectangle

3. Change the shadow settings in order to add a subtle little shadow below the button

As you can see, there is a blue border around the button, which is displayed when you select an object belonging to a group.
    This blue border is preventing me to see my shadow being drawn and understand if I like it or not. To do…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The ability to collapse / expand all folders in the layers panel, similar to photoshop (Hold Alt + Click on folder to collapse or expand).

Most elements / symbols have a hand full of layers inside each. These add up after an artboard or so worth of design and having to manually collapse each individual group of layers individually can take up a bit of time.

Would just be a bit of a time save for those of use who spend a lot of time organising our layers.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to be able to connect different shapes (rectangles, rhombuses/diamonds, ellipses, but potentially everything). The connector line should either be solid, dashed or dotted and end in an arrow. If I move a shape, both of the connected shapes stay connected (the line expands/contracts as necessary). The line should be able to carry a text label, either in the middle, at the beginning or the end (supercool would be if you could add an offset from/to beginning/end of the line).

In other words: I would like to be able to draw a flowchart.

For me as a UX…

381 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I really like the populate behavior that drag and drop has when used in a repeat grid.

With that said, and this just maybe how I work, but I feel like it would more efficient to not have to leave the program and just use the shortcut for File > Import... select the files I want, press enter and it populate a repeat grid as if I had dragged and dropped those files from the Finder.

Granted some may not want that behavior, and I may not want that every time; a possible solution could be to have "import options"…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I think it would be extremely convenient and natural to have a Move... command for objects, exactly like the Object > Transform> Move... command in Illustrator and Indesign. I use that command A LOT in those programs and wish it was available in Experience Design.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Right now, when you open up the color picker, the "HEX" box is highlighted. I get it, it's so you can manually type a value or copy the existing value easily.

However, once you have selected a new color from a saved swatch, I think the automatic highlighting of the hex should be removed. That way, you could close the color menu by pressing "V" and returning to the regular "move" tool. Right now, I constantly type "V" to try and close the picker, but I end up typing "V"s in the hex box instead.

Honestly, if there was an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  7. Currently, there's no simple way to look up or adjust the spacing of an existing repeat grid element (other than grabbing and dragging the spacing area).

This is sometimes bothersome because, 1) when just trying to look it up, you don't always want to change the spacing, and 2) finding the spacing adjustment area can be a bit fiddly.

Also, when you DO want to adjust the spacing, it can be a bit tricky to get it on the exact pixel.

Therefore, it'd be nice if the spacing property would show up as an input field in the right (properties)…

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When working on a large project, sooner or later, the wireframes will be handed to developers. A clean and transparent stucture is essential. I would suggest that, beside the existing art board title, there would be a art board 'code label'. Example: LOG-020 or MENU-001 etc. In web view, code label and title could be shown together like '[LOG-020] Visitors login screen'.
    The art board list on the left hand side in XD could be sorted on code to get a well organized list.
    An export function to xml could also be handy to get the complete project stucture to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be helpful if we could make a new symbol from multiples of the same object - for instance, you've got a button or icon that is exactly the same, but you've got 10 of them in use already. It would be great if you could 'symbol-ize' one of them and have it work on all instances.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. This is a simple but yet an annoying issue. Right now, newly created artboards will stack upon each other, with the newest artboard appearing on the top. So for example if you create 5 artboards, they're nicely in order, from left to right in the viewfinder (1-5), but in the layer panel they're in the opposite order (5-1). Why is this good?

I understand that new layers should always appear on top but don't find this logic to apply for artboards. So if there would be a way to change that according to preference that would be great.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Description : I have 2 art boards. both of them are filled with my design . I wish i can Export this 2 in a same image with a new big art board under them.

Value: normal art boards are used for prototyping and the bigger one is for export interaction design documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The current Artboard grid does not allow for offsetting. This means if you wish the grid to start at a particular x-offset or y-offset you are out of luck.

e.g. if you are designing UI for the iPhone 7 at 375pt width, and you wish to use an 8pt grid, 375 does not divide neatly into 8 and therefore you may wish to add a left margin of 4pt and a right margin of 3pt. Also, you may decide that you wish your 8 pt grid to align vertically to the text in the status bar, so wish to offset…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto-mask seems to take the nature of the css attributes "background-size: cover;"

It would be nice if we can choose it to have it behave more like "background-size: contain; background-position: center;"

This would help avoid unwanted cropping.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Say you have a button of some sort and you want it to be in the lower corner of a dialog box. When closing in the size of the dialog box or when positioning the button near a corner or the box, show the measurements to the edges of the box it is near. Attached is an illustration.

(Currently, XD shows distance measurements only when the object you're dragging is snapped to the center or top/bottom/left/right of the other object -- not when it's close to the edge but not snapped).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to be able to pick colors from another window (e.g. I have specs opened in my web browser).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As an update on this, this is a limitation of the UWP platform. I’m keeping this open in case Windows decides to update their security platform to allow selecting outside of the window.

17. All major OS typefaces (San Francisco, Roboto, Segoe UI) have small caps but they cannot be accessed in XD right now.

Small caps come in handy when designing user interfaces and should be accessible from within XD imo.

This is a subtask of OpenType: https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/features_pt.htm#smcp
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15025290-support-opentype-font-features

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This small but frustrating issue has been such a common recurring problem for me. See attached. I know if I made the field much taller, the horizonal drag/scale handle would appear, but text fields are always short, I'm always tweaking the length, and it seems like there's room to fit the handle. Why not have it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like the ability to drag between different XD files without having to copy and paste.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be very beneficial to change the color of the bounding boxes. I am working on an application with a very similar shade of blue and it's incredibly difficult to see when I have selected things.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)