Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. When your paragraph is center aligned but there is a space in the end of the line, InDesign can justify the paragraph optically, so that the empty space is neglected.

On the other hand PS, AI, AE and now Xd make use of that empty space and the visible text will not be centered. That's just stupid, right?

Make all the type settings as clever as ID, which is obviously the only app with professional understanding of type. Thanks!

XD is super great and I can't wait for it to develop!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The XD team just released awesome improvements to design mode in the March Update with the support for copy and paste from Photoshop and Illustrator.

However, one cannot copy and past type from Photoshop to XD without copying the type as a raster or an SVG.

A similar problem was addressed for Illustrator here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13059984-copying-pasting-text-from-illustrator

It would be great if the solution for illustrator - the ability to copy text and paste it in XD as a text element - was made available for photoshop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I have a couple thoughts regarding zooming and fitting to screen:

1. Currently, Ctrl - 0 fits all artboards (the entire canvas) into view, while Ctrl - 1 zooms the entire canvas to 100%. I don't like it that way. It feels weird, it doesn't feel natural. I intuitively press Ctrl - Alt - 0 trying to zoom everything to 100% (as I'd do in other Adobe products), but that shortcut is unused, and instead it's used Ctrl + 1 to do the same. I get it that it's shorter, but it feels wrong. Maybe using both shortcuts? Ctrl - Alt…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How about when having text in a Repeat Grid being able to add an integer like:

• Some text #{i}

which would render as:

• Some text 1
    • Some text 2
    • Some text 3
    • Some text 4 …etc…

?
    That would be cool!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The guides are aligned on the legt, maybe an option tot align at the right and center!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The reason is that 'Ctrl+Mouse Wheel' for zooming is very uncomfortable due to 'Space+left Mouse press' for moving your mouse pointer. Additionally, touchpads for Windows are not able to move your mouse pointer to left or right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am always annoyingly clicking on the lock and show/hide buttons when working with the layers palette! I only work on my laptop, so real estate matters. I keep the layers palette narrow (the default setting), so when looking in a 4-deep nested group in a symbol, I hardly see the text description. And since those buttons don't appear until you hover over an object, I'm always accidentally locking my objects without actually selecting them as I intended.

Please consider moving them or floating them off the panel, perhaps only in a narrow view. Or letting me lock/hide them by…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability to add a gradient instead of the solid color option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Would like to be able to export Illustrator Symbols to Xd. Also manage the symbol Library in Xd like in AI.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When option dragging an existing artboard, the new artboard is placed above the existing one in the artboards panel. I think this is not logical. It should be places under the existing artboard. In most cases, duplicating an artboard is done to continue in the flow of thought, which should be left to right or top to bottom.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For better user experience one of the most important rules is to keep the measure between 45 and 75 characters per line, this will ensure the text stays readable across the various situations in which it could be read.
    I think it would be very helpful if you could provide this feature in one of the next releases.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add an option to turn on line spacing snap for text boxes. This would make it easier to have consistent padding above/under text boxes no matter how many lines of text are in it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Would like to see a colour wheel and swatches like the rest of the programs, rather than having to click on the fill icon to select colour. I just lose time by doing that and feels less free to quickly test colours.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display in image assets option the used file. In addition, display is it a link or embedded.

This would also be a good location for the feature request:
    Reload asset images automatically's manual reload button.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When attempting to use repeat grid to create column guides for responsive themes, I found that it is not possible to snap to fractional x or y values. This means that if a column is a fraction, you have two problems.

First, when creating your repeat grid, you create the first column of (say) 67.5 px width. Then you create your second column of 30px and try to snap it up to the right side of the first column. It unfortunately will be .5 px to the right of the boundary instead.
    OK, fine, to remedy, I simply shave off…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It took me a while to figure out where the pan command was for mouse users. It's difficult to discover and remember.

WAS:
    It would be amazing to have an intuitive way to navigate around your artboards when you are trying to create something. Every time I open up Xd I am stuck trying to figure out how to look at my boards. Relearning that over and over (at the moment I still don't know) is tedious and frustrating.

At first, I couldn't see the first artboard fully until I used the magnifying glass. Now I can't get to the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create custom color pallets and be able to have more than one loaded at a time. Be able to customize names of colors, so we can patch developer terms, like 'Primary Color'. Then, be able to change that color and have it change everywhere. Also, be able to delete a color and if you use that color in your document, you can choose a color to replace it with (just like InDesign).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why does there seem to be no interest or demand for this feature anymore? For me it's a "must have" for efficient prototyping. I realize "flat" is all the rage, but I still do a lot of photo-realistic, skeuomorphic design using Photoshop's bitmap-only tools. Without 9-slice scaling, there's no way to properly scale a png graphic within XD. I have to create all the different sizes I need in Photoshop and import them all separately. Doesn't anyone else have this problem, or am I missing something?

I realize there's already a post about this, but I'm hoping for some feedback…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can’t comment on the state of design, but what I can do for you is to merge the other story into this one, which will notify all of the other people who upvoted for it. That being said, it’s likely that people are beginning to go all-vector, which negates the need for bitmap 9-scaling if you have fixed point corners.

-Elaine

19. Technically its possible: automatic hyphenation. It would great to implement automatic hyphenation into Xd.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. フォントを揃える時に誤差があります
    例えばテキスト入力ボックスをデザインする時横長の長方形に一行テキストを置いてデザインしますが、長方形とテキストを両方選んで垂直方向で中央揃えをするとテキストを選択した状態でテキスト上に余白がありそれも計算して中央揃えするのでテキストが長方形に対して微妙に下になります。
    中央揃えしたあとにテキストだけ若干上に上げるような操作が必要となります。
    この点改善してください。

For example, when designing a text input box, design one line text in a landscape rectangle, but if you select both rectangle and text and center it in the vertical direction, there is a margin on the text with the text selected Since it is calculated and centered, the text is slightly below the rectangle.
    It is necessary to operate such as to raise the text only slightly after centering it.
    Please improve on this point.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)