Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Identify unused symbols

It would be great to be able to see which symbols are not used on any of project's artboards.

Sometimes this kind of feature is needed to clean up symbols library.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change Fonts in Bulk - Find Type/Change All

Quick font replacement is one my top needs in Illustrator, and thought it would be implemented in XD by now.

In illustrator, I tend to have few artboards and that means fewer text strings. I could, replace fonts manually most of the time but it is awesome to have the Find Type tool.

If this feature has a more appropriate place in the world, it is in XD because of the number of artboards UI design requires.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set spacing between objects to a specific number of pixels

Adobe Fireworks style specific alignment in pixels.

Set spacing vertically or horizontally, by typing a specific number value into the panel.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Apply gradient to text

Hi,

Would be really nice if you could add gradient to text as well as objects.

/Iversen

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Photoshop's "Scrubby Zoom"

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)
    I've seen newer implementation of the Zoom tool updated for the Mac version.

However I don't think I've seen "Scrubby Zoom" implemented.

Currently many users don't use a track pad. Using a marque selection is a slower multi-step process to zoom. Using the mouse wheel to zoom also isn't nowhere as fast as the Photoshop's "Scrubby Zoom".

To see what I mean in Photoshop (Windows keyboard shortcut), hold CTRL + Space Bar, and use your mouse to left click & hold, and move from left to right. You'll see your document scrubby zoom, in…

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Maintain text formatting when copying and pasting from edit mode (rich text)

1. XD 0.5.4.51

2. Inside a text block select text with either a multiple fonts or a font that is different from the target text block. Copy your selection. Next go into a different text block that has the different font selection than what you copied. Paste.

3. It should retain the font selection from before you copied.

4. It changes all the pasted font to the font selection of the target text block.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3D transforms like Illustrator

to be able to shear, 3D rotate etc would be useful. This would reflect css 3D transforms.
    Example use would be creating isometric mockups.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Defined border/stroke (or shadow) around the edge of a mask

I am not sure if you already have a request for this, however, it would be nice if we could add a border on the outside of a masked circle or square.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  26 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Curve text baseline along a path

Being able to do a full webdesign and logo design in one program is what a lot of people need.

I would have liked to be able to design a logo with text running on a curved path, but seems like I will have to use Fireworks or Illustrator to do that and then bring that into Xd.

What I loved about Fireworks was that you could do everything in one program. Basic image editing, gradient colors, gradient transparency fade and webdesign. No need to open Photoshop or Illustrator.

Keep up the good work guys! Loving Xd so far.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Color Palette saved/favorite swatches: highlight current color

It'd be very useful to me that the color palette indicate which color I'm on. Often I save many shades of the same color, some of which are slightly different from one another. So a highlight feature would be important for my work.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Collapse / Expand all folders in the layers panel.

The ability to collapse / expand all folders in the layers panel, similar to photoshop (Hold Alt + Click on folder to collapse or expand).

Most elements / symbols have a hand full of layers inside each. These add up after an artboard or so worth of design and having to manually collapse each individual group of layers individually can take up a bit of time.

Would just be a bit of a time save for those of use who spend a lot of time organising our layers.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Em values for font sizes and line spacing

Em values allows me to set relative values for font sizes and line spacing in a way that the line spacing is always relative and proportional to the font size. This is a great time saver.

Please take a look at Typecast, you can set it in px and/or em. Amazingly flexible.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Define layout grid by total width

The new layout grid is great, however: it would be useful to be able to define the total width of the layout grid with a single value. Right now you adjust it indirectly by defining the margins on either side of the grid system, which is less than useful, especially for web design.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Swap border and fill colors

Switch colors between fill and border color option

Allow switching fill and border color. I mean, pressing a button and what is fill color will be border color mutually.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Select artboards + objects that are outside the artboards (pasteboard) at the same time

I am creating a screen flow diagram with annotations between each artboard. I've pasted arrows between the artboards to indicate the flow of the experience between sreens.

If I'd like to move multiple artboards I've noticed that all of my arrows / annotations outside of the artboards aren't selected with the multiple artboards. It is extremely time consuming to move the outside elements after moving multiple artboards.

I read that other designers wish there could be a way to annotate or draw arrows between artboards. Perhaps that would solve my issue. I just want to show a screen / state…

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the false alarm! Someone pointed out to me that I interpreted the request incorrectly. While you can now select objects both in the artboard and on the pasteboard, you cannot yet select objects on the pasteboard and complete artboards themselves.

18. Padding and Margin limiters

Each container should have a padding and margin delimiter and whenever you are dragging an element into a contanier, the container should limit the new child element so that you don't excede the padding limits, because in HTML it won't

Additionally, it would be also good to have a margin delimiter between elements:

if you drag one box with a padding of 10 px, then those 10 px should always be the delimiter for the next box in either direction.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Custom Artboard Size Preset

It would be great to have another section for Artboard presets that are your own. I have a few sizes I like to use that are not a preset and would be great if I could define my own name them and have a category of most used or user defined. Maybe Just a My category for presets. Thanks much I am loving this app a great deal keep up the awesome work!

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base