Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easily resize/snap Artboard edges to match content bounds

Working on a landscape prototype version of a site, and to simulate the scrollable pages I bring the assets in, place them, and then adjust the height of the Artboard to match — but it would be really nice if there were Smart Guides when doing so, so the Artboard snaps to the height of the assets on the page.

Size of artboard should fit content exactly.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Component States in repeat grid

Let's say we want to add a Radio Group and use our Design System Radio Button Component for that. Currently it's not possible to set one of the components to the selected state.

As a workaround we can create the list with the repeat grid, then ungroup it and change the desired item. But that can't be how it's intended to work.

ps: I feel bad for lodging a Feature Request days after you released such a great feature. It sounds lI'm ike complaining instead of being thankful - thats not the case, the component states are awesome,d thank you…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pixel Preview

A quick toggle for pixel preview would be much appreciated. Just like the one in Adobe Illustrator.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import color swatches from Photoshop and Illustrator

Introduce a new feature that lets you import color swatch libraries from photoshop or illustrator.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display artboards inside artboards when exporting parent artboard

Usecase:
    Often you will spend days organizing a collection of artboards that you want to export at 1 graphic. 1 way to achieve this is to create a new large artboard and copy and paste your UI from all of them onto the new artboard then export.

If you look at Facebooks toolkit you can see how they have created an outter artboard ideally if you selected it it would include all of the artboards are are on the inside of the main artboard as part of export.
    http://facebook.design/ios10

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Link assets from local documents

The cloud support for shared Xd libraries/components/fonts/colours etc is exactly what I've been wanting - except I can't use it because I don't use the cloud to save my files (I have to use our internal server).

The same features but importing from files outside of the cloud is really needed!

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom artboard shapes

There is only 1 corner style at present in adobeXD,when you create new artboard. In reality screens have different shapes like for example Watch screens are also circular so there should be option to adjust that.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wireframe mode

It would be really helpful if they incorporate a third wireframe option along side design and prototype. May be they can change the Design label to Mockup. This will be a great help for both UX and UI Designers .

Then later wireframes could have stencils that designers can use to quickly wireframe the app or page. The whole process can be a collaborative i.e. the wireframes --> Mockups --> Prototype and export the prototype or video.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Letter Spacing in PX

Would be very handy to adjust letter spacing in pixels. Because in CSS you also do it that way … and rather more .. there is no half pixel …

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Additional Paste functionality

Don't know if I should file this as a bug or feature.

When I cut a portion of text from a body of text I expect it to paste into an independent textbox when i hit Cmd + V.

This doesn't happen currently.

Additional features associated with this would be:
    - 'Paste in Place' or 'Paste Forward' - which XD does by default.
    - 'Paste Behind'
    - 'Paste Inside'
    - 'Paste In All Artboards

Given all the ways designers can paste these days why don't we create a paste submenu. 2016, lets make it happen!

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pasteboard: Custom background color

The option to change the (global) background from grey to any color that fits to my design

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Store component with states in CC Libraries

I noticed that if I add a component with multiple states to the shared library, only the currently active state is stored. Please allow storing the components with all of its states in the library.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Touch Bar for Adobe XD

Because.. why not?

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Highlight text style in the Asset Panel when selecting object on the canvas

Selecting text on your art-board automatically highlights its style in the Assets window

Problem:
    It's hard to tell which Character Style in the Assets window I need to modify to affect a certain set of text boxes.

Solution:
    To be able to click one of my text-boxes and the relevant Character Style gets highlighted in the Assets window.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Full Screen Mode for Windows 10

Implement Full Screen Mode
    Which already available in Other Adobe Apps(Illustrator,Photoshop)
    F is the shortcut key

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Flatten layers to a single rasterized layer

Be able to flatten layers into a rasterized layer.
    Right now, I need to export a layer to flatten it, then bring it back into an artboard in order to apply a blur effect. It would be nice to not have to leave Xd and then drag in an image. It disrupts the workflow a bit.
    *nice to have

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Outline mode to show all objects as strokes

Would be great if illustrator's outline mode could be used in XD as well.
    cmd+Y would switch the view to outlines.
    Benefits:
    • Easy selection of objects no matter how deeply hidden they are
    • Great overview of the construction of the scene

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Drag and Drop Interaction

I'd love to be able to prototype drag and drop interactions (hover effect, ability to move an item on screen, and ideally trigger when something is dropped onto an object).

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Components & Design systems

It wode be really good that designers to have capabilities to design with components which can be used separately or combined into a new component because today technologies are relying on this concepts example React, ReactNative ... This feature would give designers the capability to build consistent design systems.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Artboard names *should not* change to an ellipsis when zoomed out

Since the August 22 release, when zoomed out far enough, artboard names go away and you just see an ellipsis (...). While the artboard names were previously difficult to read (in some cases, text over text), there has to be a better way than removing them completely. Access to the artboard name is important.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base