Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6,410 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-started  ·  855 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scrollable Area (not scrolling whole artboard)

Define a scrollable area within an artboard

This provides real-world app use cases, such as a table, slideshow, or iOS dropdown lists.

5,780 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  306 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Design with Data

I remember, I have seen this presentation at Adobe MAX 2015. Where we can use dummy / Sample data for content such as Name, city, country etc (Please also think to add lorem ipsum dummy paragraph if possible).

I would love to know, is there any plan to integrate that concept in near future. Its a really great functionality and time consuming important feature for us.

Ref - Design with Data - Adobe MAX 2015 - Sneak Peeks:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ebPSJR3U0

1,935 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Built-in Library of Common UI Elements

It would be great if AdobeXD could provide sort of a library of UIElements from iOS, OSX, Android and Windows besides the given UIKits. So you can simply drag e.g. the textfield to your artboard and adjust this afterwards. This would make the process of designing an app much more easier!

1,279 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  48 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Static / Fixed objects between transitions

When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,265 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  28 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Button tool - style text box with border, background color, padding (auto resized when text changes)

To speed workflow it would be good to have button tool in the sidebar. In the property inspector you'd have the ability to specify the top,bottom, left and right padding. the width of button would dynamically resize as you type the button's label.

1,129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  91 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More default animations and easings

It would be great with a few more features/interactive animations when you link the pages. More easing options. I guess what I'm saying I would like to have more animations and effects based on what we have on websites and apps to this date.

transition presets

708 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Simpler way to Crop Photos

There should really be a tool to crop photos by selection (maybe by double clicking on it and using the control points) but it took me a while just to figure out that i have to mask by shape just to crop a photo.

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve begun working on an easier way to crop your images without using an image mask and will be releasing this in an upcoming release!

Hoyle
    Product Manager, Adobe XD

9. Multiple fills, borders, and shadows

Add multiple fills, borders and shadows on top of each other

255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. InDesign integration

Would like XD to work with InDesign in much the same manner that AI and PSD files do. This might be more of a feature request for InDesign however I imagine they both play a role in working together.

Ultimately, in order for a design to be implemented correctly, we need to provide a detailed UI specification for engineering. This specification is often worked on by interaction and visual designers which is part of what makes InDesign an ideal solution for us.

The prototyping functionality is great for communicating how a design could work, but we still need an accompanying…

239 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  41 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better svg export

Adobe Creative Design supports svg export which is great, but the resulting svg is a little bit suboptimal. For example, if i create a simple circle, give it a stroke-width of 4 with some color and a fill
    the resulting svg contains a group element containing 2 circles, one with a fill and the other with a stroke.

It would be great if the exported svg could be cleaner. I attached some sample files. the "_exported.svg" is the file exported from Adobe XD, the "_edited.svg" contains the svg, which yields the same result but is cleaner.

A cleaner svg would…

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

The feature that allows you to control the position of stroke: inside/center/outside was started and it will be available in the future versions of Adobe XD. Will let you know once the feature becomes available.

Cheers,
    M.

12. Clipped Scrolling List inside a pop-up.

Eg: When you have a friends list inside a game screen, in a prototype, I need to be able scroll in a clipped mask of a container, which is currently possible in Principle, which makes a group scrollable vertically or horizontally. I'm looking for the equivalent of the same here.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re currently testing a feature like this as part of the private prerelease program, and expect to deliver this as part of the next product update. Please join the private prerlease to learn more, or stay tuned!

13. Padding and Margin limiters

Each container should have a padding and margin delimiter and whenever you are dragging an element into a contanier, the container should limit the new child element so that you don't excede the padding limits, because in HTML it won't

Additionally, it would be also good to have a margin delimiter between elements:

if you drag one box with a padding of 10 px, then those 10 px should always be the delimiter for the next box in either direction.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change Save As behavior to remove Copy of

Remove "Copy of" text from filename when I "Save As" — Change to number increment

Every time I want to save a new iteration of my file, I hit Command+Shift+S to "Save As".

XD automatically adds "copy of" to the beginning of the filename and I have to delete it every. Single. Time.

Does anybody actually names their files this way? You'd end up with "copy of copy of copy of copy of filename" instead of a simple numbered "filename 5".

Would be cool to see XD smartly increase the number by 1 every time like it does with the artboards.…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change green checkmark to another icon when the prototype falls out of date

Confusing: Sharing popup shows green checkmark even when shared prototype is out of date
    Loving the product folks, just a quick suggestion. Not really a bug.. more of a UX issue. I was a little thrown off when my prototype wasn’t updating even though the green check (up to date?) was there. The copy with ‘share again’ feels wrong to me when you can share again OR update the app.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started working on showing all artboards present in a Design specs link as thumbnails which will be the New page overview. We will also show which artboards have comments in it against corresponding artboard thumbnail that is shown in that page overview.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base