Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tap/Hover Effect

Need Little bit tapping/hover effect on list/buttons/links during presentation to client. Its give an actual working product feel and help to make decision.

rollover, mouseover

7,735 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-started  ·  898 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5,268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  687 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scrollable Area (not scrolling whole artboard)

Define a scrollable area within an artboard

This provides real-world app use cases, such as a table, slideshow, or iOS dropdown lists.

5,235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  288 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Design with Data

I remember, I have seen this presentation at Adobe MAX 2015. Where we can use dummy / Sample data for content such as Name, city, country etc (Please also think to add lorem ipsum dummy paragraph if possible).

I would love to know, is there any plan to integrate that concept in near future. Its a really great functionality and time consuming important feature for us.

Ref - Design with Data - Adobe MAX 2015 - Sneak Peeks:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ebPSJR3U0

1,800 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Creative Cloud Library Support (share symbols/assets across multiple files or team)

This would make it easier to use the assets created in other Adobe applications.

1,460 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

134 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, everyone! In the August release of Adobe XD, we’ve introduced the ability to consume colors and character styles from your existing Creative Cloud library. We’re working on bringing you the ability to bring in graphics (both bitmaps and vectors) as well, so we’re keeping this feature open until we get that out the door.

In the meantime, if you have feedback on what we’ve already released, please do file a new idea so that we can get community feedback on it.

If you haven’t seen the update yet, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

6. Built-in Library of Common UI Elements

It would be great if AdobeXD could provide sort of a library of UIElements from iOS, OSX, Android and Windows besides the given UIKits. So you can simply drag e.g. the textfield to your artboard and adjust this afterwards. This would make the process of designing an app much more easier!

1,165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  48 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Static / Fixed objects between transitions

When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  25 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Version Control - store history/timeline of revisions

It would be nice if there was a way to have multiple versions of a design living in one document. Right now we'll have a v1 wireframe and will be reviewing features for v2. I typically lock that version and then create a new file called v2 and start making changes. Would be nice if they could be linked somehow verses multiple file versions.

1,072 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blend Modes

It would be awesome to have blending modes in the sidebar.

938 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

141 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy CSS attributes

As Sketch already do... Possibility to copy css attributes by right clic (like gradient attributes,...) and paste it into a code editor.

696 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Extract / Export CSS for development feature

Nothing more complected simply add Extract css from design as given in illustrator its very important other wise now day's it's simple to design in XD and very difficult to Develop application from xd assets because of no css export option in it, Please include this.

676 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More default animations and easings

It would be great with a few more features/interactive animations when you link the pages. More easing options. I guess what I'm saying I would like to have more animations and effects based on what we have on websites and apps to this date.

transition presets

638 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Superscript/Subscript

Set text in superscript and subscript.

527 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  113 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding colors, styles, symbols to CC library from within XD

Just like in Illustrator, it should be possible to add colors, styles, symbols, ... to a new or existing CC library.

At this moment, the CC library is of not much use when you're creating a brand new project in a team of XD designers.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Guy

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  33 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Simpler way to Crop Photos

There should really be a tool to crop photos by selection (maybe by double clicking on it and using the control points) but it took me a while just to figure out that i have to mask by shape just to crop a photo.

242 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve begun working on an easier way to crop your images without using an image mask and will be releasing this in an upcoming release!

Hoyle
    Product Manager, Adobe XD

16. InDesign integration

Would like XD to work with InDesign in much the same manner that AI and PSD files do. This might be more of a feature request for InDesign however I imagine they both play a role in working together.

Ultimately, in order for a design to be implemented correctly, we need to provide a detailed UI specification for engineering. This specification is often worked on by interaction and visual designers which is part of what makes InDesign an ideal solution for us.

The prototyping functionality is great for communicating how a design could work, but we still need an accompanying…

223 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  37 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Better svg export

Adobe Creative Design supports svg export which is great, but the resulting svg is a little bit suboptimal. For example, if i create a simple circle, give it a stroke-width of 4 with some color and a fill
    the resulting svg contains a group element containing 2 circles, one with a fill and the other with a stroke.

It would be great if the exported svg could be cleaner. I attached some sample files. the "_exported.svg" is the file exported from Adobe XD, the "_edited.svg" contains the svg, which yields the same result but is cleaner.

A cleaner svg would…

176 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

The feature that allows you to control the position of stroke: inside/center/outside was started and it will be available in the future versions of Adobe XD. Will let you know once the feature becomes available.

Cheers,
    M.

18. Single link for design specs and prototype

Great to see design specs working! Will add some ideas for it here. The first of them is:

As a designer, I need to send to developers a link with the working prototype and another with the design specs. Would be great if I could share a single link and design specs and prototype worked as tabs on that page.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  14 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A text with multiple styles only the first one is show on design specs

For an example, when I have some bold text inside a paragraph, the design specs for that paragraph should state that not only that text is Arial 12px but also has some bold inside.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  3 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Clipped Scrolling List inside a pop-up.

Eg: When you have a friends list inside a game screen, in a prototype, I need to be able scroll in a clipped mask of a container, which is currently possible in Principle, which makes a group scrollable vertically or horizontally. I'm looking for the equivalent of the same here.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re currently testing a feature like this as part of the private prerelease program, and expect to deliver this as part of the next product update. Please join the private prerlease to learn more, or stay tuned!

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base