Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Can we please consider adding in the original author of the XD file (who uploaded the prototype or the design specs)?

My design team is sharing multiple links to eng and the team for review and it's hard to know who did what if people need to follow up or have questions. Commenting is awesome but knowing who the author is is crucial.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When publishing a project with many artboards (300-500+), it often takes a lot of time to load the artboard when reviewing the link. If the artboards contain heavy visual design then the loading speed is slow event for projects with fewer artboards.

As a result there is a lot of disruption in the review meetings. And the management/client often does not have the time to sit through the delay caused by the artboard loading.

It would be great if we have a way to preload all the prototype artboards after accessing its published link in the background. This will enable…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to be able to: create a shape -> hit i -> pick a color from source x ; hit (modifier key) e.g. shift + i -> pick stroke color. I see it as intuitive workflow as you could accomplish a repetitive task on one keyboard-sequence instead of actual use case: create a shape -> hit i -> pick a color from source x ; stop - defocus - find pointer - move pointer to right sidebar - find stroke field - find and click on eyedropper icon - find color source and move pointer to color source…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can you give "save as" the ability to save "as a template" so that you can't overwrite an existing document. Indesign has this, and is very useful for protecting original documents that must never be changed.
    ie. You open a template doc, and the only option you have when you save is "save as", therefore keeping the original intact.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Hanging bullets should be supported, but customizable bullets (ie. for branded icons) would set XD apart even more.

This is usually achieved in InDesign as anchored elements.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It'd be great if you could organize your layers into folders without grouping them on the actual artboard. It'd make selection much easier. For example, in Photoshop you can put layers in the same folder but they aren't necessarily "linked" meaning that clicking on one item doesn't select the entire group.

Currently the only way to organize your layers into folders is to physically group or link them on the actual artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sometimes there are too many artboards to handle at same time , need SHORTCUT TO SWITCH BETWEEN ARTBOARDS INSTANTLY ... PLSEASE

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This feature request is perfectly in line with Adobe's push to "Accelerate your Work".

Wouldn't it be great if you could drag 20 6MB images in your repeat grid, for example, and know that XD has done the awesome work of evaluating the placeholder dimensions and optimized the dimensions & dpi of your pasted images for optimal file size or image quality?

If the user is pasting 25 images in a repeat grid that has a placeholder of 320px wide, it makes no sense that the imported images be at full resolution and dimensions behind the placeholder's mask.

I'm suggesting…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It is so hard to navigate your design files when you can't see anything but just the name and app icon.

Both Adobe and Microsoft are not only mature companies but one could say - the seniors of the market. So why is it still such a big problem? Why in 2018 for most Adobe apps we can only see icons, not proper thumbnails? Patents? Money? Lack of good will?

Yes, there are 3rd party apps like mystic thumbs that would allow you to generate those thumbnails but it should be native already. So Adobe please, take some actions and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. When I select "Save As" it would make a lot of sense to use the file's current location as the default path. Currently XD seems to use the path that was used last time when using XD, regardless of the file.

I use file number versioning alot, and I have "lost" my files multiple times just to find out them being accidentally saved into the folder of another project.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There should be a way to easily identify unconnected screens.
    And/or there should be a way to remove ALL connections, so I don't need to make one connection to display all screens in design spec.

Background: I'm always having the same problem: I connect my screens in prototype mode, upload the design specs, developers are getting the link and then a screen is missing. Then I'm editing it, connecting it again or add/modify screens, I upload it again and the developer sees only the connected screens. This makes me so crazy sometimes because finding out which screen is not connected…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As an added feature, similar to what Avacode and Sympli provide, it would be nice to display the layers panel in design spec mode. The user can select a layer and it will highlight in the document art board.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There's no way of knowing if there's a comment added to design spec unless you actually click the comment icon - and that icon is not very visable or explanatory. Would be nice if there was some sort of visual cue marker letting me know if the spec file contains comments or not. I checked with several developers both inhouse and externally and none of them knew I had placed comments cause its totally out of sight and mind when there's nothing warning them - like a red icon or a marker somewhere for instance? As it is now I…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The current way the paste functionality works is counterintuitive when pasting elements on multiple artboards.
    If I select multiple artboards, it's because I want to paste the same object in the same place on all artboards. Right now if an artboard is not in the viewport the object is not pasted, and if an artboard is partially visible the object is pasted in the center of the visible area.
    There should be a way (modifier key or global preference) that allows the user to control the paste behavior

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The new overlay feature is great. But a wonderful small improvement would be to allow us to use the slide transitions but to specify where to slide in from. That way, we could have elements enter and exit from specific points on the artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Since many enterprise apps today runs on bootstrap Grids, I felt it would be great to have featur in adobe xd.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For mobile apps Design we need light weight for the assets we export on the stores ( play store / app store ). So actually we only export in PNG for android and iOS. The result when I export a Picture, my PNG is for example 1Mo if Adobe XD have the possibility to export in jpeg my @2x @3x pictures will be 0,1Mo.
    Because when our app is to heavy on the store you loose some customer, downloading is too long...
    So please, could you implant that point and quality export select like photoshop or illustrator.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sometimes I make a lot of vectors and I keep forgetting to make them into symbols. It would be great if we can have find and replace vectors for XD. This feature could do the following:
    1. Find and replace vectors across artboard or within an artboard.
    2. Find and replace vectors of similar size, but different colour/ or different size but same shape and colour etc.
    3. Find and replace text in artboards.
    4. Convert searched vectors into Symbols.
    5. Edit all search results in one place (same as symbols)
    6. Select all search results, so that I can…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We do design in iPhone 5 size that 320x568 and we have script for illustrator, which will give export GUI, where we can select export size options for both iOS, android and web sizes. This way we don't have to design icons separately for other platforms. Have attached screenshots for reference, there you can see option to set base frame size used to design this will do the calculations in background and will export scaled icons for other selected sizes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When creating hamburger menus on mobile I would like an option to go back to previous slide once closing it and keeping the art-boards previous location. The new feature of preserving scroll is a step in the right direction. But doesn't help with this problem.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)