Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. 日本語の下線表示を適切にして欲しい

下線機能の追加ありがとうございます。ただ日本語の場合、意図しない表示になってしまうことがあります。修正の検討お願いします。おそらくChinese, Koreanも同様のケースがあると思います。

I want the Japanese underline display to be appropriate

Thank you for adding underline functions. If it is just Japanese, it may become an unintended display. Please consider examining the correction. Perhaps Chinese and Korean have similar cases.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Right now, if I have an icon that I need to export for both iOS and Android, I have to run through the export process twice. It would be nice if "Export for" was a multi-select checkbox instead of a radio button.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I know you are currently working a spec view to make communication with developers easier. There should be a way were we can specify assets that aren't static such as button states or inline error messaging.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When working on websites we often have breakout's with a ton of iterations for single pages/tools in pages.

Currently I just put all the iterations in the same XD file, but the file is now huge and takes several minutes to open.

It would be extremely useful to take the an artboard and make a whole new document from the selected artboard. There doesn't need to be any linking between artboards, simply taking that single artboard and creating a new document with the same color palette and objects.

A workaround is copying all the artboard contents and pasting into a…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to set image position like "background-position" in CSS:
    Example:
    - Stick image to the right of the shape (background-position: top right)
    - Align image center (background-position: center center)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When adding a drop shadow to an object it binds to the border.

This means that if an object does not have a border or a fill (in the instance where you would want to create a glass like effect it is not possible)

We have tested and verified that this is counter to how the browsers behave - this is the test example we used:

https://jsfiddle.net/j911t7kp/1/

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use dash instead of a long dash for artboard name when pasting. Cannot compress (zip) exported files when there is a long dash in the filename on a windows machine. There may be other issues that arise when there is a long dash?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The automated art board name sequencing (Name - 1, Name - 2-, Name -3), only works properly when if a user keeps the original dash and number sequence intact.

If a user clears the default name and r-names an art board, the next art board duplicated from it starts at Name - 1 again, even if one retypes the -1 in the new art board name.

Art boards that have been renamed, then duplicated, might be better suited to either:

1) Start at "Name - 2"

-or-

2) Use a "copy, copy 2, copy 3" sequence, like OS X and…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As a user in prototype mode, to open the Desktop Preview in full screen requires two command-key strokes: 1) Command-Return, then 2) Command-Control-F.

I would prefer to have a single command keystroke to go straight to Full Screen mode. For example: Command-Control-Return.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Seperate opacity of border, area/fill and image inside the frame. So I can set the image to 80% and with the black fill it will be shaded/darkened but the white boarder is still white and has no opacity!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Saw Talin Wadsworth talked about the recolor feature and it looks like an amazing feature to have.

Imagine instantly changing the color scheme of the UI just by choosing the colors from www.colors.adobe.com to show the client without manually changing the colors.

https://youtu.be/ipbqQSIPSZ8?t=10m20s

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sorry if this request is already listed. Could not find it listed amongst the requests.

I absolutely LOVE how you can rearrange your artboards in Illustrator, and even adjust the layout order, columns or spacing between artboards (See attached screenshot).

It really neatens up the workspace, and it makes use of the artboard 'alpha number' instead of the artboards name when rearranging (allowing me to name my artboards whatever I like).

Would love to have a 'sorting' feature like that in Adobe XD please!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is it possible to add review status in the library? - something for if this piece artwork is being review, in revision, waiting for approval, approved.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alright, here's some feedback.

Thanks for adding linear gradients -- an essential part of UI design. The functionality of actually using them is great, but there are a few things you could do to help speed up the process of activating the tool in the first place.

Right now, it takes a minimum of three clicks to start using the gradient tool. That might not sound like a lot, but over the course of an hour, day, month, it adds up to a significant portion of time. Here are some base-level suggestions to improve the UX of this tool:

1)…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'm working on a MAC BookPro with high density display. When I redesign existing apps, I take screenshots of small parts of my screen and paste them in XD. Then I recreate the components, icons... using the vector tools.
    When I work with a HD screen, I paste the screenshots and they are scaled 200% (because the OS captures twice more pixels). But it's not relevant in XD, I have to scale it down 50% to get accurate dimensions. I'd prefer XD to detect the screen density and scale it down if needed.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I created a link, but when I was presenting, I realized that exported version can't be navigated using keyboard-arrows.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When exporting text to SVG, a generic fallback font should be specified after the original font, e.g. sans-serif for Helvetica Neue.

Idea posted initially here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/14534772-exported-svgs-lack-default-fallback-sans-serif-f

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Could we have a place to share UI Kits and other assets

Here is a Foundation 6 one I've made to get things going

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'd love to have some auto arrangement in prototype mode, which might be really helpful when screens get too much and organising them turns into pain. I've seen other softwares dealing with this kind of problem very neatly.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Some LCD pixels are non-square shape. For example, displays for industrial devices. In this case, the aspect ratio of the pixel remains close to square -- usually the difference between horizontal and vertical does not exceed 10%.

But nevertheless, the distortion of the elements due to this distinction can sometimes be seen on the display destination (target) device.

Propose to add the sizes for non-square pixels, and the simulation display similar to pixels on a computer screen of the designer (whose pixels are square) to display on the screen the designer was the same as it is on the screen…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)