Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Currently it's not possible to deploy XD via MS SCCM because SCCM uses the system account which has no profile. This is a no no for large scale environments. If you let users manage their software each of them works with another version of the same product, which eventually leads to countless support calls ("why can't I access the XD files of team A? Why uses he features I don't have?") Furthermore you can't uninstall properly software via SCCM, if the user installed the respective Software, because the user has a profile where as the system account doesn't. Currently I'm…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Export comments to Trello/Asana/Teamwork Projects etc.
    With the goal of assigning actionable tasks to team members for further iterations.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Is it planned to make available input fields to set coordinates to guides? Sometimes, I have to zoom enough to set guides at a particular X or Y point. It would be nice if you could recreate the experience we have in Illustrator and Photoshop on this matter.

Thank you in advance.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hi guys.

I would like to share my UI & AE animation to my team and clients such as real app or web-page (but as an interactive prototype).

It would be great export from XD to AE and export back to XD for finishing a prototype and publish.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When a symbol is selected on the artboard, show (in the properties panel):

• the instance name
    • the name of the symbol it's an instance of

I find myself doing A LOT of right clicking and then "Reveal Symbols in Assets" to figure out what symbols I'm actually using.

(Symbol use, management, overrides, and shared libraries are some of the biggest challenges we have in using Adobe XD instead of Sketch.)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In the last few projects that I have been working on wherein we have used Adobe XD for designing the front-end, there are a few issues that we have noticed and perhaps, there are ways to work around it or solutions to optimise the process either at the design level or the code level.

Whenever I translate the Design to HTML using Adobe XD, I use the option key on my mac as a guide to understand and set the spacing between elements.

1. In some designs, although the designer has set margins and paddings as multiples of 5 - say…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When a shape is drawn, for example a rectangle, there is a chance XD will convert that shape to a path at some point, specifically if grouped with other elements, making scaling and resizing elements problematic. This is especially true if you're using radiused corners on your shape. This appears to be an intended behavior in XD, but it really sucks, and results in a lot of re-work, or wonky-looking shapes.

Rather than automatically making this decision, XD should allow/prompt the user to decide if and when a shape gets converted, similar to how Photoshop rasterizes a vector.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This is a small cosmetic suggestion. I find myself posting prototypes for review and new ideas come up so I edit and "Update" the shared link. I keep hitting update, but sometimes I feel like I just hit it! lol I know its a silly one but it would be SUPER NICE if it shows you a "last updated 30 sec ago..." or something like that. This way instead of spending time hitting update multiple times I can focus more on design. Hope others agree and we can make this happen. I know this is a small request, but I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export the created assets in XD into the "Components" and "Text Styles" sections in Zeplin

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hey! It would be great to have the assets marked to export to be converted to curves when published on the design specs page.

Today, when I mark a Font Awesome icon built with ligatures for export, the devs (who export all assets in SVG) get an icon with the character from the font itself and not the vector asset.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow edit online vía OneDrive by multiple users as Office 365.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the possibility for black-to-white gradients to work as feathering for masks when clipping them to an underlying object.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. While an object is selected (Select arrow tool), I would like to press the "F - key" on the keyboard, to enable (temporarily the eyedropper and grab the color from artboard. The same would work for grabbing the border colour with lets say "B - key".
    In other words: when we press the F or B key on the keyboard - cursor changes (until key is released) from Arrow to Eyedropper.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Asset names and text boxes should become editable when the F2 key is pressed since F2 is universally known as the 'edit' key. It allows for a more efficient workflow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The ability to assign predefined variables to properties of assets.

i.e. If I have a complicated mock-up and I want to try some different color combinations, I can assign all rectangles that represent cards to one variable, all shapes that represent headers to another, etc. etc. Then testing different color combinations becomes much more efficient.

Currently I have to go through and Individually select each asset and change the properties. Support for variables would significantly reduce design time and effort.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Like Sketch, please keep the link when exporting to Zeplin.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. having fixed elements, such a the nav, on page transitions.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add a blacklist / whitelist option to the "Previous Artboard" links.

The problem: "Previous Artboard" logic is linear, which only works for specific use cases.

Example: From a "Parent" page, user clicks a link to a subpage that has tabs. They click the tabs on the subpage a couple times, and now want to use a back button that takes them back to the "Parent". Currently, "Previous Artboard" will take them back through all the tabs they clicked on, before finally getting back to the "Parent".

Solution: The designer can blacklist or whitelist a group of Artboards, and/or single…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. • Text stays editable in the original document
    • I won't have to convert all texts to paths manually (which can be a lot of work)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Implementation of full featured style sheet for controlling type.

Being able to adjust a style in a standard paragraph style edit mode that changes all styles in document would speed up prototyping and screen design.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)