Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Right now to update the prototype you've shared, you have to (1) click the share icon, (2) click "Share Again," and (3) click "Update Link." This is such a frequent action (at least until we can do phone mirroring, that it'd be convenient to do it in one keystroke.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I use Illustrator's split into grid in almost every session. It's brilliant, and although I see you are working in a lot of automatic gutter / guide / spacing assistance in XD, i'd love to see this feature.

Great for making the first instance of repeat grid items that XD then repeats so well.

It could be simplified, but the functionality is priceless!!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Would like support for PNG8 and PNG8 with alpha channel. (as an example, I exported a single asset from XD and it came in at 4 K. I took that same asset and opened it in fireworks, and exported as PNG 8 with not loss of quality and it exported at 1.5 KB... this becomes even more useful with larger assets or sprite sheets where the difference could be between 400 KB vs 150 KB.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Let the user set points (similar to anchor links in artboards) so the animation snaps in scroll groups.
    The scenario is to prototype app icons in several menu pages situation, so you scroll right and left snapping to each page.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please consider creating a standalone viewer, similar to how you have a standalone PDF reader, so clients can open local XD files for viewing.

This is valuable to me for a number of reasons:

1. My client (military) expects to have access to these demos "forever." Our demos cover not simply what the final UI for the final product will look like, but we also create interactive documentation for the product using XD. Over the course of many projects (and links and passwords), this is not sustainable.

2. The shared version that the client sees via the browser often presents incorrectly, particularly…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Inside a component state, select an object and a "Fix Position While Scrolling" checkbox appears on the right menu where it usually is for base-level elements on an artboard. When selected, the element stays fixed on the artboard while the rest of the component scrolls.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Having different versions of documents can get confusing, so it would be great if you could copy the url link to a shared cloud doc (much like the one the person gets when they are invited to the file). I can currently send them a link to my file on my web creative cloud, but it downloads the document as a local file.

Basically it would be nice to send out an email that linked to each XD file so that the person knew they were opening the right file. We've been having a lot of version control issues. Powerpoint…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. I wish there was a way that I could export my designs directly to Adobe Portfolio.
    Like Adobe portfolio is an Adobe's web build tool. I don't think it is crazy to ask for this function.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  10. I save the file in local data, and when I save it back in the existing cloud storage, it can't be overwritten

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  12. Instead of creating components, Icons could have a separate category in assets. This could help organize the project and could be used to generate a separate zip file for download for the developers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Accessibility plugin to test a design's accessibility with WebAIM https://webaim.org. Or the ability for a prototype to be read by the WAVE Web Accessibility App. https://wave.webaim.org

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. I used to po design websites in Photoshop, now i've switched to XD and it's a good change instead of exporting assets to actually build a website. I made a test and exported the same image in the same size by photoshop and XD. Even if Photoshop export is 55% quality it's still better than 100% quality in XD. Why? And no, I'm not interested in 2x image when I need 1x size on website. Please, fix the exporting to be the same as in Photoshop. Now the quality is unacceptable.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. An open-source/royalty-free soundbite library to use in conjunction with XD's new 'play sound' feature.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  16. Component states are great but ideally it would be better to allow an interaction to do both a state transition and an artboard transition.
    So an example would be a side nav with each element triggering a transition to a different page/artboard.
    I would like clicking on the link to change the component state (decorate it for example) as well as transitioning to the target artboard

thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'm a developer and I need to turn a designer's design into css code.
    The assets panel now has only one group of colors. But the css divide the colors into background-colors, border-colors, and font colors.Can the asset panel add these groups so that they are consistent with the web code?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When the layout changes, the pinned comments don't move accordingly. We ran into this today and it's a critical issue because we use Adobe XD as the main source of truth. That comment contains technical requirements for our devs like default ordering. The same happens in forms, where I use comments to specify input masks, validation rules and other things. Everytime I change something on the form, I have to make sure I update all the comments. Uncool!

Usually I will adjust the pins by hand, but in this instance I didn't create the comment so I couldn't move the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Is there a categories for Plugins? This would help organize the plugins and allow for searching within the plugin category.

Note: as of XD 24 you can browse plugins within a category or search across all categories -- but you can't yet filter by category and search by text keyword simultaneously.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of XD’s November 2019 release (XD 24), plugins are organized into several categories — as well as in some cases various editor-curated collections.

There’s not yet any way to search within a single category though, so I will adjust the title of this feature request to more clearly cover than remaining missing piece.

20. Cmd+F, Ctrl+F to launch the layers panel and give focus to search

with the key ctrl + f you can search for elements

same as browser

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)